Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    20 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    BSOD when pc is under stress


    Hello,

    It has been a couple of months since my desktop computer started to having BSODs, usually when i'm playing.
    By now i'm almost certain it is hardware malfunction but can't really narrow out the faulty part.
    Things I've already tried:

    -Memtest -> No errors
    -SSD check -> No errors
    -GPU && CPU stress test (not at the same time) -> No crash.
    -Formatted 2 times.
    -Eye checked and no apparent burned/damaged parts.
    -Reinstalled and tried all types drivers.

    Would like some help.
    Thank you in advance
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hi acidbubble,

    Please be more specific in the tests you have performed, what tests did you run? Important is photos/screenshots for details one could easily miss.
    Before suggestions are given I would like details about the tests and results
    Why?
    • For the memory there are multiple tests, all of them use different algorithms and thus provide different results.
    • For the SSD, it is a drive and a drive has a few factors to look at before we can decide if it is or is not a possible cause.
    • For the GPU & CPU the most important is the temperature and in some cases also possible errors that may show up in the stress tests.


    FYI, it could very well be incompatibility given that your ASRock does not provide support for drivers after Windows 7.
    Incompatibility is not a thing that occurs immediately, it can occur at any time when a driver doesn't function properly anymore regardless of how many reinstallations and versions are tried.

    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    22 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Hi acidbubble,

    Please be more specific in the tests you have performed, what tests did you run? Important is photos/screenshots for details one could easily miss.
    Before suggestions are given I would like details about the tests and results
    Why?
    • For the memory there are multiple tests, all of them use different algorithms and thus provide different results.
    • For the SSD, it is a drive and a drive has a few factors to look at before we can decide if it is or is not a possible cause.
    • For the GPU & CPU the most important is the temperature and in some cases also possible errors that may show up in the stress tests.


    FYI, it could very well be incompatibility given that your ASRock does not provide support for drivers after Windows 7.
    Incompatibility is not a thing that occurs immediately, it can occur at any time when a driver doesn't function properly anymore regardless of how many reinstallations and versions are tried.

    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    How to fill in your system specs:

    Updated my system specs like you said. I thought the system specs where included in the .zip file.
    As for the tests, some of them I made a while ago so I don't recall all the details.


    For testing memory I runned memtest86 a whole night and there were no errors found,
    for the HD I runned HD Tune and there were no reports, the SSD I used samsung's software and an app named "SSD Life" and no errors too.


    As for temps, CPU doesn't pass 64 șC and GPU 75șC and it's summer right now.
    Attachment 86387
    Attachment 86380

    If there are any tests that I must do/redo tell me

    It doesn't seem to me that is motherboard driver compatibility, that because I have windows 10 installed for a year now and it only started trowing BSODs 6 months ago, like a month after buying my SSD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Jun 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    I thought the system specs where included in the .zip file
    Many things like PSU, cooling, monitor and such are not included.

    The incompatibility was only mentioned to get prepared in case a motherboard driver would be a cause and the hardware appears to be fine

    Please run MemTest86+ per below instructions




    BSOD when pc is under stress Diagnostic Test BSOD when pc is under stress
     RAM TEST

    Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Note   Note


    MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.


    Make a photo of the result and post it.

    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    22 Jun 2016 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,372
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Sure looks like memory. The latest dump 6/20 at 4:47PM has this

    Code:
    FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
    This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page.  This is a hardware memory error.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    23 Jun 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    It's done:

    Attachment 86501
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Jun 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please boot in the BIOS and let us know what the voltage & timings of the memory is.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    23 Jun 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please boot in the BIOS and let us know what the voltage & timings of the memory is.
    In the BIOS:


    DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1333
    Timing: 9-9-9-24
    DRAM Voltage: 1.25V


    NB Voltage: 1.145V
    HT Voltage: 1.20V
    CPU VDDA Voltage: 2.56V
    PCIE VDDA Voltage: 1.81V
    SB Core Voltage: 1.10V
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    24 Jun 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    You need to increase the voltage, the lowest voltage (with XMP enabled) is 1.35V, without XMP it should be 1.5V
    http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/K...9D3LK2_8GX.pdf
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    24 Jun 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 13
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    You need to increase the voltage, the lowest voltage (with XMP enabled) is 1.35V, without XMP it should be 1.5V
    http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/K...9D3LK2_8GX.pdf
    I changed the DDR3 Voltage on BIOS to 1.49V(the closest to 1.5V that was available). It seemed to improve, but after 1 hour of playing had another BSOD.

    Timings are now 9-9-9-27 btw.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Performance & Maintenance FurMark - GPU Stress Test
FurMark - GPU Stress Test Furmark is an intensive OpenGL benchmark that uses fur rendering algorithms to measure the performance of the graphics card. BSOD analysts will recommend you use Furmark to test the performance and stability of your...
Tutorials
Many BSODs when at stress
Hi, I'm getting random BSODs like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ; SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when playing games. Last time after restarting PC (BSOD) win10 run a disc repair, its going insane. I've tried: -Turning off,...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Stress Testing and Benchmarking
Two new builds; one with 5930K on Asus X99-A with an Intel 750 PCIe Add-In card and one with 6700K on Asus Z-170 Pro Gaming with an Samsung 850 Evo. I need to stress test them, and bench mark the SSDs prior to installing any software. I ran...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Solved BSOD on gpu stress HDD usage 100% on 0.1mb
I recently started having issues after my brother downloaded some malware on my pc now i get 100% hdd use on 0.1 mb evey time the gpu load is at above 60% or 70%. I have attached my dumps if anyone can help. All the BSODs were in CS:GO and now i...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
???? Keyboard stress --- Can anybody translate for me
Hi there Starting a Windows 10 VM I got this weird notification on VMWARE workstation Anybody have a clue what it means --never seen this message before -- Cheers jimbo
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums