Windows 10: From BSOD to Windows Crash

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Jun 2016 #1

    From BSOD to Windows Crash


    I would really love to find out whats going on with my rig.
    It's a home built gaming rig from Microcenter.
    i5-4690
    ASRock Z97 Pro4 Motherboard
    16GM RAM
    240GB SSD HD.
    Now at first I had WoW installed and had no issues then went to install ArcheAge and I had BSOD's issues where the game would just close (not the client just the game) I was working with support for about a month adjusting my paging file making the initial size 1.5 times the size of my RAM and the max size 2X the size of my RAM, making all kinds of adjustments. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows10 and just installed WoW and Archeage and still had issues with Archeage (but not WoW) so finally I gave up on that game. I took my computer back to Microcenter and had them check out my computer. They said they checked all the hardware and everything was fine and the operating system was fine too the problem had to be the game. I ran a memcheck on my RAM (8 passes ran for 19 hours and 38 min) and my RAM had zero errors) so I don't think my Ram is bad) so I reinstalled Windows 10 again after that and just installed Skyforge only. Ran Windows updates until no more updates could be downloaded, Made sure my graphics card drivers were updated, installed the GeForce Experience and optimized the game but now instead of BSOD's windows has been crashing the game. I ran the BSOD tool and am attaching the zip file I really hope you can find something because I'm at a loss, I have had the hardware checked, I've reformatted and reinstalled windows several times and the game still crashes and i don'Attachment 84695t know why.

    Obi-wan, Your my only hope!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       12 Jun 2016 #2

    Raygon said: View Post
    Obi-wan, Your my only hope!
    He sent his padawan first .... if I need I will call him. You know the master is busy.

    Test your RAM modules for possible errors. Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

    If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

    I will ask Master Kenobi to look at your thread after seeing the resulting situation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Jun 2016 #3

    Arc said: View Post
    He sent his padawan first .... if I need I will call him. You know the master is busy.

    Test your RAM modules for possible errors. Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

    If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

    I will ask Master Kenobi to look at your thread after seeing the resulting situation.
    I did run the MemTest 86+ Test for Ram if you see my post. 8 passes took 19 hours and 38 minutes. It showed no errors. I didn't know to take a screenshot and didn't see an option to take a screenshot. However I will upload the files from the flashdrive here if thats where they saved them.Attachment 84732Attachment 84732
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       12 Jun 2016 #4

    You need to take a camera snap of the memtest86+ screen.

    By the way, your crash dumps are pointing to memory corruption, prima facie. One is directly blaming the memory .....
    Code:
    BugCheck 109, {a3a01f597f48b898, b3b72bdfd1c65f41, fffff802882560e0, 1}
    
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption
    
    Followup:     memory_corruption
    ---------
    And the other one ....
    Code:
    BugCheck 4E, {99, 2723ee, 2, 60002700027246d}
    
    Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1f759 )
    
    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------
    .... is a bugcheck caused due to memory corruption, specially.

    Now, memory corruption may occur not only due to a failing RAM, but also for some other reasons. If the RAM is actually failing, then searching for the other reasons will not be anyhow effective. And hence the confirmation is required. The proper confirmation is the camera snap; but if you want the troubleshooting may proceed on your statement, any risk associated with this confirmation will be shifted to you.

    Let us know which sort of confirmation is ok for you .... documented or verbal. We will go accordingly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 8,176
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       12 Jun 2016 #5

    Hi Raygon, when we are working BSODs, we have to follow what the dump files tell us. They are not always right and memtest is not always correct. However, they are the best tools we have for analyzing these things.

    As Arc said, your dump files show memory corruption. We have found, from a lot of experience, that it is always wise to follow what we read from the dump files.

    Trust me, I know very well what a pain it is to run memtest86+. I have had to run it myself as many as 20 times to fix one of my own computers. You can take a picture with a cell phone or a digital camera. We are not concerned with the quality of the picture, we just need to be able to read the info on the screen. This will tell you how to upload it here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    13 Jun 2016 #6

    Ok, so yo want me to take the 19 hour memtest again which is not always correct so i can take a picture with m phone?



    essenbe said: View Post
    Hi Raygon, when we are working BSODs, we have to follow what the dump files tell us. They are not always right and memtest is not always correct. However, they are the best tools we have for analyzing these things.

    As Arc said, your dump files show memory corruption. We have found, from a lot of experience, that it is always wise to follow what we read from the dump files.

    Trust me, I know very well what a pain it is to run memtest86+. I have had to run it myself as many as 20 times to fix one of my own computers. You can take a picture with a cell phone or a digital camera. We are not concerned with the quality of the picture, we just need to be able to read the info on the screen. This will tell you how to upload it here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 8,176
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       13 Jun 2016 #7

    Raygon said: View Post
    Ok, so yo want me to take the 19 hour memtest again which is not always correct so i can take a picture with m phone?
    What you do is up to you. We can only make suggestions and recommendations. It is your computer and you can do whatever you want to do. Unfortunately, Windows does not come equipped with a Fix It button. The only tools we have are reading the dump files, we do not have the computer in front of us. As of right now, the dump files are telling us,

    Code:
    BugCheck 109, {a3a01f597f48b898, b3b72bdfd1c65f41, fffff802882560e0, 1}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption
    Followup:     memory_corruption
    How would you think we should react to that information, which is all we have to go on? Whether you run Memtest86+ is entirely your decision. Can I guarantee you the memory is your problem? No. Can I rule out Memory as the problem, no again. It's your call. What I can guarantee you is that if memory is the problem, we will be led on a 'wild goose chase' running down a lot of other things that are not the problem. Again, what you do is entirely up to you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 5,003
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.138
       13 Jun 2016 #8

    As a side note, curious why you are changing the date/time or timezone regularly? Could that have any impact on this?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    13 Jun 2016 #9

    Oh I know and I am not trying to be flippant or anything, I am truly just wondering; you said that this program is not always correct and lets say I run the program again and I get the exact same results (8 passes no errors with a picture that shows it) and yet the dump files say otherwise, then what?




    essenbe said: View Post
    What you do is up to you. We can only make suggestions and recommendations. It is your computer and you can do whatever you want to do. Unfortunately, Windows does not come equipped with a Fix It button. The only tools we have are reading the dump files, we do not have the computer in front of us. As of right now, the dump files are telling us,

    Code:
    BugCheck 109, {a3a01f597f48b898, b3b72bdfd1c65f41, fffff802882560e0, 1}
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption
    Followup:     memory_corruption
    How would you think we should react to that information, which is all we have to go on? Whether you run Memtest86+ is entirely your decision. Can I guarantee you the memory is your problem? No. Can I rule out Memory as the problem, no again. It's your call. What I can guarantee you is that if memory is the problem, we will be led on a 'wild goose chase' running down a lot of other things that are not the problem. Again, what you do is entirely up to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,492
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Jun 2016 #10

    Memory corruption is a thing that is the most coming back in the dumps, because the memory mechanism of Windows is extremely large and complicated. When memory corruption is shown the first step is to rule out the memory as best as possible. The next step is to rule out the drivers what can be done with driver verifier if none is flagged. If drivers are also not causing any problems then we (or at least myself) usually check for the hard drives. Hard drives can also cause memory corruption, as it is the non-volatile version of memory, but there are usually signs about hard drive problems when we suggest something for the hard drive. Another memory corruption is the VRAM, but when that happens there are also signs about it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Issues started not long ago when I purchased a new gtx 750 ti graphics card. Get varied Bsod error messages such as video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys, and DPC_Watchdog_violation as well as one or two others. These issues present themselves upon...
BSOD Crash in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello everyone, i have no idea what happened to my pc. I just recently did a HDD wipe and was installing League Of Legends and watching a stream then my pc crashed. Thank you for any feedback you can give. -Izzy
BSOD 0x124 hal.dll crash Windows 10 in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi! I've recently got this BSOD, I don't know what is the problem. (Sorry this is my first post here if I did something wrong.)
Windows 10 has been working like a Dream but now its turned into a nightmare! Constantly Crashing after an hour of use, has anyone else had this problem, as its been working fine for months.
Edge causing windows 10 pro bsod crash in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have imported bookmarks from chrome wanting to try out edge and while i was scrolling and moving them through favorite bar ..bsod and crash .. if u can and pass the debug files from collector in attachment ty
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:26.
Find Us