Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Apr 2016 #31
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    New BSOD. Happened while playing a game.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Apr 2016 #32
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    This one was caused by the Realtek LAN driver + Nvidia display driver
    For the Realtek driver, check GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.0/1.1)
    for updates.
    Note that the rev. version may be different for your motherboard so be sure to check that it is the correct one.

    Have you in the past tried to switch the GPU from slots? If you have, what were the results?
    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm rt640x64
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff801`b0200000 fffff801`b02d9000   rt640x64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
        Image name: rt640x64.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF)
        CheckSum:         000E9B0E
        ImageSize:        000D9000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    25 Apr 2016 #33
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    This one was caused by the Realtek LAN driver + Nvidia display driver
    For the Realtek driver, check GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-970A-D3 (rev. 1.0/1.1)
    for updates.
    Note that the rev. version may be different for your motherboard so be sure to check that it is the correct one.

    Have you in the past tried to switch the GPU from slots? If you have, what were the results?
    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm rt640x64
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff801`b0200000 fffff801`b02d9000   rt640x64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
        Image name: rt640x64.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF)
        CheckSum:         000E9B0E
        ImageSize:        000D9000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    I find it rather odd that the driver caused this even though I updated it just days ago, I'll see if I can do a repair install though or just try to install it again. Same with the Nvidia drivers.

    I've never tried to switch the GPU since there was really no need for it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Apr 2016 #34
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    I find it rather odd that the driver caused this even though I updated it just days ago
    That are usually signs of hardware problems, buggy drivers don't occur often.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    25 Apr 2016 #35
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    That are usually signs of hardware problems, buggy drivers don't occur often.
    That is probably the worst thing you could've told me

    I've done a clean install of the LAN and Nvidia drivers at any rate so we'll see what happens now, I just hope it doesn't go back to BSOD-less crashes or I honestly won't know what to do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Apr 2016 #36
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    I'd love to say I didn't see this coming but I had another BSOD-less crash. Event Viewer still gives generic errors.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Apr 2016 #37
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    Generic errors always occur with every system crash, they're kinda useless if you're aware of the crash.

    What hardware tests have you done in the past?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Apr 2016 #38
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Generic errors always occur with every system crash, they're kinda useless if you're aware of the crash.

    What hardware tests have you done in the past?
    Practically none aside from testing my RAM sticks.

    Not sure if this is relevant to anything, but Event Viewer gives a warning a few seconds after the Kernel Power error that says this:

    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.

    I know this is to do with the Windows Driver Foundation and I've seen a fix for it some time ago that basically has you change that service from Manual to Automatic but this hasn't done anything for me it seems.
    Last edited by Absoguar; 26 Apr 2016 at 06:38.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Apr 2016 #39
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,958
    Windows 10 Pro

    In device manager check if there are any yellow triangles, preferable a screenshot so I can see it too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    26 Apr 2016 #40
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 44
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    In device manager check if there are any yellow triangles, preferable a screenshot so I can see it too.
    Not a single one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time
Hello, Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. Each first login takes long time to login and some time it gets stuck on the welcome screen when too many teachers logged on the machine. I had contacted an...
General Support
BSOD, Long boot time, seemingly random HD disappearance
Hello, Since updating (free, via download) from Win 7 to Win 10 I have had a few problems. I have 3 internal HD: (1) System drive (SSD, 500GB), (2), Media Drive (Seagate 3TB), (3) Documents Drive (500 GB). I also have a USB backup drive that...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Long Time to Connect
I recently upgraded one of my laptops from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. Ever since then it has been taking a much longer time for the laptop to connect to either of my home networks (two different homes). This is with either WiFi or Ethernet. When...
Network and Sharing
Very long time to restart!
Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes...
General Support
Long install time
I chose to try the upgrade exe file to install Windows 10 update to Windows 8.1. I started at 5PM. It is now 1015 PM and it's at 25%. I don't dare stop it, but have others experienced this? I forgot to mention that the upgrade is going on to 5 year...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums