Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.    16 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10

    BSOD Help.


    So, I'm not sure where to begin or anything but, this desktop was built barebones, my friend who built these all his life helped when I got it together (I couldn't get it running but he did in like 3 minutes) I initially had Windows 7, it worked fine, I then upgraded to windows 8.1 and had frequent BSOD's every 5 minutes to an hour, I let it sit for about a year, and used my laptop. Now, I downloaded windows 10 pro on it.
    On about March 7th, I left it on all night, downloading stuff from my external hard drive, it had it's first BSOD with windows 10 that night, with about 100 or so gigabytes of data left to transfer. I started googling around, I updated all of my drivers, everything seemed fine.
    I started transferring the last little bit from my external and not even three minutes in, another BSOD, so I then googled more stuff, ultimately ended up running memtest 86, found i had a bad ram stick, took them out tried a few tries, figured out which one it was, seemed to run good for a while until two days ago.
    Yesterday and now only a few BSOD's but I want the problem fixed, I'm doing everything I can and so I come here for help. All my drivers as far as I can tell are completely up to date, I use a program called Driver booster, that updates them for me.
    I manually uninstalled and clean installed my audio and graphics drivers in hopes it would help, the memtest said none of the rest of my ram is bad but I'm debating buying 4 new sticks of ram, and this thursday I'm getting a new graphics card because it's time to update, I'm updating from a GTX 650 TI to an Radeon r9 380 x (I'm not sure if any of this needs to be known by you professionals, so I'm including it for the record.)

    These are all the BSOD's I physically noticed, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_CALLER, CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION..

    Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, this is giving me migraines, and heart pains, I've been trying to fix it for long enough. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    Hello DarkChrono and welcome to 10forums!

    Could you please reupload the zip file, it is completely empty! Did you remember to run it as an administrator?

    Thanks in advance and cheers, Boris
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
    Hello DarkChrono and welcome to 10forums!

    Could you please reupload the zip file, it is completely empty! Did you remember to run it as an administrator?

    Thanks in advance and cheers, Boris
    Do I also need to upload the SFdebugfiles it creates as well? Nevermind I saw it deletes, I ran it again, as admin then I tried to unzip it myself but it does nothing so I'm guessing it's staying empty? Any way to fix? I restarted my computer, tried 4 different times, they all come up at 22bytes empty, and last time, the computer BSOD'd again, saying SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

    So, I saw you asking Brink the question for me, I can tell you, I have it set to run as admin, I then right click and run as admin, it pops up a blue windows saying press any key etc etc. I press y it then does everything, and at the end tells me to press any key again, I do, the folder doesn't initially show on my desktop until I f5 refresh, then I hover over it, it says 22 bytes, then i right click, 7zip open archive and it's empty.
    Other than all of that I don't know what else they mean by UAC prompt... It doesn't give me any other prompts.
    Last edited by DarkChrono; 16 Mar 2016 at 14:49.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkChrono View Post
    Do I also need to upload the SFdebugfiles it creates as well? Nevermind I saw it deletes, I ran it again, as admin then I tried to unzip it myself but it does nothing so I'm guessing it's staying empty? Any way to fix? I restarted my computer, tried 4 different times, they all come up at 22bytes empty, and last time, the computer BSOD'd again, saying SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

    So, I saw you asking Brink the question for me, I can tell you, I have it set to run as admin, I then right click and run as admin, it pops up a blue windows saying press any key etc etc. I press y it then does everything, and at the end tells me to press any key again, I do, the folder doesn't initially show on my desktop until I f5 refresh, then I hover over it, it says 22 bytes, then i right click, 7zip open archive and it's empty.
    Other than all of that I don't know what else they mean by UAC prompt... It doesn't give me any other prompts.
    The UAC stands for User Account Control which is if you happen to have more than one user on your desktop/laptop and if you needed administrator rights to perform task then you would need to accept yes and possibly type the administrator password.

    That is basically it, I'll redirect the information to Brink, will keep you informed!

    Cheers, Boris
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
    The UAC stands for User Account Control which is if you happen to have more than one user on your desktop/laptop and if you needed administrator rights to perform task then you would need to accept yes and possibly type the administrator password.

    That is basically it, I'll redirect the information to Brink, will keep you informed!

    Cheers, Boris
    Alright, thanks a ton, I really hope to have this fixed ASAP, so yeah I always accept the AUC, in that case. I only have one user at all times, anyways. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks again!
    Last edited by DarkChrono; 16 Mar 2016 at 16:16.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    z3r010 just posted this on my wall:

    I've zipped up a batch file alternative for them to run, unzip and run as admin - http://www.sevenforums.com/dl/DM_Log_Collector.zip
    Hope this one will work for you!

    Cheers, Boris
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
    z3r010 just posted this on my wall:



    Hope this one will work for you!

    Cheers, Boris
    I used the zip z3 gave you for me, I unzipped I ran as admin, it still did the same thing as the original file did, I run as admin, it pops up a window, it says press any button to contine, I press a button, does everything finishes says press any button to finish, I go to my desktop, check the file, it's still empty. Still the same thing.... Also, the file version for the download says v 1.3 but the batch hee gave is v 1.2 don't know if that matters.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Mar 2016 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 6,069
    Windows 10 Pro x64
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    16 Mar 2016 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
    Question, before I use that tool. Is there a file size restriction, on the dm log collector? because I realized that at one point I had two 1 gigabyte DMP files in the mini dump folder and I was thinking perhaps the tool wasn't working because they were to big, so I deleted them from the folder, and as I ran the tool again I bsod'd again, now after reboot running the tool it works different but after doing the dxdiag report and when it says creating sysinfo file, it says error username or password incorrect, and its frozen there. Yeah, it continually does this now. Attaching a screenshot.
    Last edited by DarkChrono; 16 Mar 2016 at 17:06. Reason: More information
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Mar 2016 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkChrono View Post
    Question, before I use that tool. Is there a file size restriction, on the dm log collector? because I realized that at one point I had two 1 gigabyte DMP files in the mini dump folder and I was thinking perhaps the tool wasn't working because they were to big, so I deleted them from the folder, and as I ran the tool again I bsod'd again, now after reboot running the tool it works different but after doing the dxdiag report and when it says creating sysinfo file, it says error username or password incorrect, and its frozen there. Yeah, it continually does this now. Attaching a screenshot.
    Well now that you say that you get an error with username or password incorrect, are you sure that you are logged in as the administrator?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's
Hi, i got this computer about 3~ Weeks ago, and have gotten random BSOD's after that. System Information Bellow Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz @ 3.5 GeForce GTX960 2gb GDDR5, Physx CUDA 1TB Harddisk 7200RPM 8Gb DDR4 2133Mhz Dual Channel, 2x4gb...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD during bootup (black screen 2min -> BSOD)
Hello I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I did choose the non-clean install, and i wish to keep it this way. i do NOT wish to clean install, as id rather just fix the problem. Anyways, my problem is; During the boot process, the pc...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x)
I recently upgraded my htpc from 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. I have had multiple BSOD since then. 4 were for store exception not handled and the last 2 were for kmode exception not handled mv91xx.sys. Please advise.
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors
Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums