Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       17 Mar 2016 #21

    axe0 said: View Post
    I've gone a bit through the dumps and noticed quite a few file system drivers which are a bit focused to the hard drive part.
    What hard drive(s) do you have? Please fill in your system specs more completely, I've posted more about it below in this post
    Code:
    0: kd> k
     # Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
    00 ffffd000`224f76a0 fffff800`6e24cf52 NTFS!NtfsDeleteScb+0x409
    01 ffffd000`224f7740 fffff800`6e185a83 NTFS!NtfsRemoveScb+0x62
    02 ffffd000`224f7780 fffff800`6e185f5a NTFS!NtfsPrepareFcbForRemoval+0x63
    03 ffffd000`224f77c0 fffff800`6e24cd1c NTFS!NtfsTeardownFromLcb+0x24a
    04 ffffd000`224f7860 fffff800`6e17ca80 NTFS!NtfsTeardownStructures+0xdc
    05 ffffd000`224f78e0 fffff800`6e234b5b NTFS!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0xd0
    06 ffffd000`224f7920 fffff800`6e270a32 NTFS!NtfsCommonClose+0x40b
    07 ffffd000`224f79f0 fffff802`96edd6a9 NTFS!NtfsFspCloseInternal+0x1a6
    08 ffffd000`224f7b80 fffff802`96f6f895 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xe9
    09 ffffd000`224f7c10 fffff802`96fd3906 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x41
    0a ffffd000`224f7c60 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
    Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabs
    • CPU
    • Mainboard
    • Memory
    • SPD*
    • Graphics

    *SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
    Please make screenshots of each module.

    Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system and other used stuff. PSU, cooling system and other used stuff are not mentioned in the tool.
    How to fill in your system specs:


    Okay, so I did the screenshots of the CPUZ thing, but the other tool has EVERYTHING blank, the last BSOD I got wiped out my MSINFO stuff whenever I run msinfo32 it says Cannot access windows management instrumentation software. Windows Management files may be moved or missing. Will the other screenshots be good enough? I have a single 1 terrabyte hard drive, by the way. I believe it's WD, after posting and uploading the screenshots in a zip, I'll turn it off and pull it to check it real fast. Also my OS is Windows 10 Pro 64
    Had to delete and reupload the screen shots because I forgot to add all 3 slots for the SPD tab
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,901
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       17 Mar 2016 #22

    I noticed a problem, you have 3x8GB from Corsair but 1 of them is different.
    The make and model should be the same for best stability. I however am not sure if this is the root cause or if there are more causes.
    Code:
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 002ch]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM0
      Bank Locator                  BANK0
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX8GX3M1A1600C11  // Different one
    [Memory Device Mapped Address (Type 20) - Length 35 - Handle 002dh]
      Starting Address              00000000h
      Ending Address                017fffffh
      Memory Device Handle          002ch
      Mem Array Mapped Adr Handle   002bh
      Partition Row Position        [Unknown]
      Interleave Position           [Unknown]
      Interleave Data Depth         [Unknown]
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 002eh]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM1
      Bank Locator                  BANK1
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 
    [Memory Device Mapped Address (Type 20) - Length 35 - Handle 002fh]
      Starting Address              00000000h
      Ending Address                017fffffh
      Memory Device Handle          002eh
      Mem Array Mapped Adr Handle   002bh
      Partition Row Position        [Unknown]
      Interleave Position           [Unknown]
      Interleave Data Depth         [Unknown]
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0030h]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM2
      Bank Locator                  BANK2
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       17 Mar 2016 #23

    axe0 said: View Post
    I noticed a problem, you have 3x8GB from Corsair but 1 of them is different.
    The make and model should be the same for best stability. I however am not sure if this is the root cause or if there are more causes.
    Code:
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 002ch]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM0
      Bank Locator                  BANK0
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX8GX3M1A1600C11  // Different one
    [Memory Device Mapped Address (Type 20) - Length 35 - Handle 002dh]
      Starting Address              00000000h
      Ending Address                017fffffh
      Memory Device Handle          002ch
      Mem Array Mapped Adr Handle   002bh
      Partition Row Position        [Unknown]
      Interleave Position           [Unknown]
      Interleave Data Depth         [Unknown]
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 002eh]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM1
      Bank Locator                  BANK1
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 
    [Memory Device Mapped Address (Type 20) - Length 35 - Handle 002fh]
      Starting Address              00000000h
      Ending Address                017fffffh
      Memory Device Handle          002eh
      Mem Array Mapped Adr Handle   002bh
      Partition Row Position        [Unknown]
      Interleave Position           [Unknown]
      Interleave Data Depth         [Unknown]
    [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0030h]
      Physical Memory Array Handle  002ah
      Memory Error Info Handle      [Not Provided]
      Total Width                   64 bits
      Data Width                    64 bits
      Size                          8192MB
      Form Factor                   09h - DIMM
      Device Set                    [None]
      Device Locator                DIMM2
      Bank Locator                  BANK2
      Memory Type                   18h - Specification Reserved
      Type Detail                   4080h - Synchronous
      Speed                         1333MHz
      Manufacturer                  Corsair      
      Serial Number                        
      Asset Tag Number                          
      Part Number                   CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 
    I had 4 but after running memtest86 I pulled one because it was giving lots of errors on memtest, the other 3 didn't seem to be giving errors, But I was debating on just buying 4 new ones, when I have enough money to anyway, I did however just order my new graphics card today, a XFX R9 380X 4GB, to give a little future proofing to my desktop. I believe there are other causes, is it possible that a hard drive issue could cause any of these BSOD's or not very likely? I've had a WIDE range of BSOD's this past week and a half, here's a range of them,
    BAD_POOL_CALLER, CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (Presumably from the bad ram stick) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and I believe there was another but I can't remember it... I appreciate all of your help, I can't wait to get everything straightened out!
    Uploaded a screenshot of device manager hoping it'll help, it also has my Hard drive info listed in it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,901
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       17 Mar 2016 #24

    is it possible that a hard drive issue could cause any of these BSOD's or not very likely?
    That can't be said with certainty, but due to the variety of crashes (variety of crashes often relates to hardware problems) and the NTFS returning in the crashes it may be possible.

    I had 4 but after running memtest86 I pulled one because it was giving lots of errors on memtest, the other 3 didn't seem to be giving errors
    I know, I've read it
    2 different models is not a very big deal though but it could sometimes cause problems.
    Is the memory a kit?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       17 Mar 2016 #25

    Yeah, when I bought this barebones kit I ordered a 32gb ram kit off of newegg, but the desktop also came with one, It's possible I accidently mixed up the one it came with with one of the ones of the package, I sold one (I thought the one I sold was the one that came with the desktop, but possibly it was the one that was with the package lol..)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Mar 2016 #26

    Dark.

    I would recommend that you remove the one that is different from the other 2. I was actually earlier considering if that might have caused some problems but I didn't say anything and right now it feels like I made a bad call.

    Cheers, Boris
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       17 Mar 2016 #27

    BorisTheAnimal said: View Post
    Dark.

    I would recommend that you remove the one that is different from the other 2. I was actually earlier considering if that might have caused some problems but I didn't say anything and right now it feels like I made a bad call.

    Cheers, Boris
    So the different one is slot one right? What if it doesn't help the problems?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,901
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       17 Mar 2016 #28

    If it doesn't help, we'll focus temporary on the hard drive and rule the hard drive completely out
    It is also an option to include drivers, I saw pool corruption somewhere in the dumps but driver verifier would be required to catch the cause of that corruption.

    Pool corruption is memory corruption in kernel mode, this corrupion may already be present before the crash occurs which is why driver verifier would be required.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 375
    Windows 10 Home
       17 Mar 2016 #29

    Well if you installed the RAM with the four sticks in the normal way, you should have it like this:
    slot 1: cmx8
    slot 2: cmx16
    slot 3: empty(the one you removed)
    slot 4: cmx16

    But I don't know since I can't see the setup.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       17 Mar 2016 #30

    BorisTheAnimal said: View Post
    Well if you installed the RAM with the four sticks in the normal way, you should have it like this:
    slot 1: cmx8
    slot 2: cmx16
    slot 3: empty(the one you removed)
    slot 4: cmx16

    But I don't know since I can't see the setup.
    Well, when I removed the bad one which brought me down to 3 I put the one from the fourth slot into the 3rd slot (the bad ones slot) as one to verify if it itself was good, and to make sure that the slot itself wasn't bad, you know? I removed slot one, and put the other 2 side by side the slot one (different card) was the same model but a 1600 the others are 1333
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's
Hi, i got this computer about 3~ Weeks ago, and have gotten random BSOD's after that. System Information Bellow Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz @ 3.5 GeForce GTX960 2gb GDDR5, Physx CUDA 1TB Harddisk 7200RPM 8Gb DDR4 2133Mhz Dual Channel, 2x4gb...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD during bootup (black screen 2min -> BSOD)
Hello I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I did choose the non-clean install, and i wish to keep it this way. i do NOT wish to clean install, as id rather just fix the problem. Anyways, my problem is; During the boot process, the pc...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD on startup (mv91xx.sys, also previous store exception BSOD 3x)
I recently upgraded my htpc from 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. I have had multiple BSOD since then. 4 were for store exception not handled and the last 2 were for kmode exception not handled mv91xx.sys. Please advise.
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors
Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums