Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    20 Mar 2016 #21
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    That could be, but that is usually a very last resort as there are a lot of things to try before.

    I've been digging a bit through the event logs, because you say the problem occurs at startup, that makes me think this might be a fast startup problem and fast startup errors occur in the event logs.
    Please disable fast startup and let us know if it helps :
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code:
    Event[1144]:  Log Name: System
      Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
      Date: 2016-03-18T01:25:17.628
      Event ID: 29
      Task: N/A
      Level: Error
      Opcode: Info
      Keyword: N/A
      User: S-1-5-18
      User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
      Computer: DESKTOP-8Q27U7R
      Description: 
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.
    I disabled fast startup.

    After turning my computer on after shutdown, still no progress but this time I didn't see BSOD, my screen was just black and then computer restarted.

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post

    harko, have you tried running any game since you did the scans?

    No, currently I just want to make my computer not BSOD every time I turn it on after shutdown.




    What does Windows do differently when it boots after shutdown, and when it boots after BSOD, because there is no BSOD after it boots from BSOD??? So Windows somehow manages to solve that problem on restart, but when recovering from shutdown/sleep, there are errors.

    attaching dump file just in case something changed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Mar 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    What hard drive do you have? I can't check the files currently because I'm away of my PC.
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    20 Mar 2016 #23
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    What hard drive do you have? I can't check the files currently because I'm away of my PC.
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

    Updated. It's ST3320620AS ATA Device.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Mar 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    What does Windows do differently when it boots after shutdown, and when it boots after BSOD, because there is no BSOD after it boots from BSOD??? So Windows somehow manages to solve that problem on restart, but when recovering from shutdown/sleep, there are errors.
    What Windows does differently is that an image of the state of the kernel and drivers in the hiberfil.sys aren't saved anymore since you have disabled Fast startup, fast startup caused some problems for you.

    but when recovering from shutdown/sleep, there are errors.
    Could you clarify what you mean with 'there are errors'?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Mar 2016 #25
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    What Windows does differently is that an image of the state of the kernel and drivers in the hiberfil.sys aren't saved anymore since you have disabled Fast startup, fast startup caused some problems for you.


    Could you clarify what you mean with 'there are errors'?
    You didn't understand my question. Disabling fastboot didn't fix anything, my computer behaves exactly the same as before (BSOD).
    I meant what's the difference when Windows is booting, and then BSOD happens, then after BSOD there is automatic restart, but then Windows boot normally without BSOD. What's the difference between the first boot where BSOD happens and second boot right after the BSOD when computer manages to boot properly.

    I meant BSOD (thread_stuck_in_device_driver).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Mar 2016 #26
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    I indeed didn't understand your question, probably because it was a little late for me.

    When a BSOD occurs, Windows modificates the system in an attempt to resolve the problem, it would be that either the modifications aren't saved (a bug) or they don't work with the next BSOD as it might be possible that modifications don't work for other causes with a crash. The 0xEA occurs when a driver is in an infinite loop waiting for something, for example the display drivers that are waiting for the video card to enter an idle state, this is a frequently occuring example, but it may not have to do anything at all with the display (note that this doesn't have to be the case)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    21 Mar 2016 #27
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    I indeed didn't understand your question, probably because it was a little late for me.

    When a BSOD occurs, Windows modificates the system in an attempt to resolve the problem, it would be that either the modifications aren't saved (a bug) or they don't work with the next BSOD as it might be possible that modifications don't work for other causes with a crash. The 0xEA occurs when a driver is in an infinite loop waiting for something, for example the display drivers that are waiting for the video card to enter an idle state, this is a frequently occuring example, but it may not have to do anything at all with the display (note that this doesn't have to be the case)
    So here's an update. I installed ubuntu 14.04, with all the updates and when I tried to enter "suspend" mode, upon turning my computer back on, I only get black screen so I'm sure now that this is due to hardware problem.

    Is there a way to test what might be causing this, since gpu worked fine on another computer?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Mar 2016 #28
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    I'm unfamiliar with Ubuntu, how long did you wait?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    21 Mar 2016 #29
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    As far as I know when booting Linux's, there should first be a ton of text output and then if I remember correctly Ubuntu's loading animation is the Ubuntu text and under it 5 small cubes over a light red clay background.

    On your motherboard page there seems to be different revisions of the motherboard, do you know which one you have?

    I ask it because different revisions will have different updates available.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    21 Mar 2016 #30
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with Ubuntu, how long did you wait?
    The black screen was there for more than 10 minutes. Now even if I try to boot from Ubuntu dvd, I got the black screen because it uses same driver settings as before.

    I'm planing on buying new motherboard, processor and RAM. Only thing I'm afraid of is that maybe hard disk isn't the one to blame, what do you think?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea
I was away from the pc having dinner came back and noticed pc had rebooted itself before i left the pc to have dinner I had edge browser open with a few tabs running and toview app running for the tv I believe I had a update installed Security...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error
Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?)
30761 30762 Hey, So i was just browsing facebook and clicked on a link and the computer froze up and the screen blanked out. There was no display after a split second but I had to manually restart the computer. I presumed it was a BSOD and...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
PC randomly restarts, goes into "coma" THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
PC Specs: i7-3770k 16GB RAM (8GB @ 1600, 8GB @ 2400 --> both set to run @ 1600 in BIOS) AMD 7950 3GB Sabertooth Z77 2 SSDs + multiple HDDs EVGA 850w PSU If I leave my PC idle for about 15 minutes, I'll hear the motherboard-beep, meaning...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums