Windows 10: Several different BSOD errors Solved

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Feb 2016 #1

    Several different BSOD errors


    Just built my first PC with Windows 10, and I have had several BSODs, either while gaming or even just in google chrome. I am not sure what these errors are for, but I'm hoping that it's not a hardware issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       29 Feb 2016 #2

    I notice two things there, mainly.

    First, windows is not up-to-date.
    Code:
    Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    Update it to the latest. It is necessary.

    Second, two different bugcheck codes are pointing to memory corruption.
    Code:
    BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80082a9556a, ffffd000799ab0f8, ffffd000799aa910}
    
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDemoteCombinedPte+3e )
    
    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------
    Code:
    BugCheck 50, {ffffe00045823010, 0, fffff80216f7b6b7, 2}
    
    
    Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiFindEmptyAddressRangeInTree+107 )
    
    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------
    So the first place to start will be to test the RAM. Follow it: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Run this test for at least 8 consecutive passes. If it starts to show errors or red lines, stop testing there.

    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program and let us see it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Mar 2016 #3

    Arc said: View Post
    I notice two things there, mainly.

    First, windows is not up-to-date.
    Code:
    Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64
    Update it to the latest. It is necessary.

    Second, two different bugcheck codes are pointing to memory corruption.
    Code:
    BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80082a9556a, ffffd000799ab0f8, ffffd000799aa910}
    
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDemoteCombinedPte+3e )
    
    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------
    Code:
    BugCheck 50, {ffffe00045823010, 0, fffff80216f7b6b7, 2}
    
    
    Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiFindEmptyAddressRangeInTree+107 )
    
    Followup:     MachineOwner
    ---------
    So the first place to start will be to test the RAM. Follow it: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Run this test for at least 8 consecutive passes. If it starts to show errors or red lines, stop testing there.

    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program and let us see it.

    I did the Memtest86+, and found no errors after 12 passes. What's my next course of action?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       02 Mar 2016 #4

    Have you updated windows?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Mar 2016 #5

    Arc said: View Post
    Have you updated windows?

    I have updated windows to the latest edition. My graphics drivers are up to date according to AMD, so I'm not sure why I keep getting crashes. I'm attaching a new set of dumps. If it still points to memory, could it mean my r390 is a lemon?
    Last edited by greenburrito; 21 Mar 2016 at 21:11. Reason: added zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       22 Mar 2016 #6

    greenburrito said: View Post
    I did the Memtest86+, and found no errors after 12 passes. What's my next course of action?
    Assuming this is a valid statement, the next thing that you will need to do is to enable Driver Verifier.Run DV for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next BSOD, whichever is earlier. Try to replicate the BSODs with DV on. Let us see the resulting BSOD logs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Mar 2016 #7

    I wasn't able to get the BSOD to go until now, and it's a different error (faulty_hardware_corrupted_page)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       26 Mar 2016 #8

    Well, this is a driver verifier enabled crash dump.
    Code:
    SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
    And it says ......
    FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b)
    This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
    Arguments:
    Before going any further I would like to see a camera snap of Memtest86+, completed 8 passes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    27 Mar 2016 #9

    Arc said: View Post
    Well, this is a driver verifier enabled crash dump.
    Code:
    SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
    And it says ......
    Before going any further I would like to see a camera snap of Memtest86+, completed 8 passes.
    https://i.imgur.com/X0ksHhW.jpg
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       28 Mar 2016 #10

    Well and good.
    Now let us test two other important hardware, one by one.

    Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

    Stress test the CPU.It saves the result as a .txt file in the prime95's folder. Upload the file for us.

    Let us see how these two goes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Various BSOD errors on new build in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
So since putting together my first Intel build I have been getting all sorts of BSOD errors when booting up my computer. They seem to change pretty often but some of the most common ones have been: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BAD_POOL_HEADER...
BSOD and windows errors in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello everyone, I'm having some issues with my computer, I have ran the BSOD tool and included the zip. These last days I'm having issues, it started with a program in the middle of my taskbar icons that didn't have an icon, all I could do is...
Solved Repeated BSOD different errors... in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I've had about 20-30 BSODs since upgrading to win10pro from win8.1 and I'm pretty frustrated. I have not installed any new hardware outside of a new HDD to replace one that recently failed about a month ago. It was not my main boot drive but where I...
Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can...
multiple BSOD errors even just from startup in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
We started with basically hourly BSODs. We had a different processor in the computer and it ran fine for several hours, possibly overnight. That's how we found out it was the processor itself, and replaced it. Now, we are still getting...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:51.
Find Us