Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    16 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10

    Crashing only when playing certain games.


    So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft.

    This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that the screen would just flash and I'd get the "display driver stopped responding and recovered".

    Yesterday ( 02/16/2016) I got 5 crashes and I got 1 today.

    What I already tried:
    A lot of different versions of AMD drivers ( using DDU to install the new ones)
    Reset windows 10 on a lot of occasions
    Removed Windows 10 auto updater.
    Tried the amd support forums ( it only made matters worse)
    Tried the World of warcraft support forums ( also only made matters worse)



    Here is the dump file:
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Suggestions while you wait on a proper BSOD analyzer to read your DMP file. Check for heat related or voltage issues, monitor temps for GPU, CPU and fan speeds with HWInfo choose correct 32bit or 64bit http://www.hwinfo.com/

    Would be best if you can monitor them within game and can be done with combinations of 2 software, HWInfo listed above and MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner.
    http://www.overclock.net/a/how-to-us...splay-and-more

    Riva Tuner
    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html
    MSI Afterburner
    https://gaming.msi.com/es/features/afterburner

    When you first received flash in screen and "display driver stopped responding and recovered", did it list any particular file like here ?
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...rmessages.aspx
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Suggestions while you wait on a proper BSOD analyzer to read your DMP file. Check for heat related or voltage issues, monitor temps for GPU, CPU and fan speeds with HWInfo choose correct 32bit or 64bit http://www.hwinfo.com/

    Would be best if you can monitor them within game and can be done with combinations of 2 software, HWInfo listed above and MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner.
    http://www.overclock.net/a/how-to-us...splay-and-more

    Riva Tuner
    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html
    MSI Afterburner
    https://gaming.msi.com/es/features/afterburner

    When you first received flash in screen and "display driver stopped responding and recovered", did it list any particular file like here ?
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...rmessages.aspx
    Sorry, should've mentioned that. The temperatures never go above 70șC . Also as I mentioned before , with WoW I get those crashes as soon as 5 minutes of playtime.

    About the file , sorry I can't remember Its been a while since I had that error. Now I only get Black Screens.

    I should also add that I created the file TdrDelay in the register and set it to 8 , It removed the issue for other games I had this ( Counter strike global offensive for example).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    Sorry, should've mentioned that. The temperatures never go above 70șC . Also as I mentioned before , with WoW I get those crashes as soon as 5 minutes of playtime.

    About the file , sorry I can't remember Its been a while since I had that error. Now I only get Black Screens.
    So you are able to monitor within the games and saw 70c during the games or when just using the PC ? How does it work without gaming ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    So you are able to monitor within the games and saw 70c during the games or when just using the PC ? How does it work without gaming ?
    Without gaming its around 40C , and the most I get is 70C while gaming ( it normally stays at 60C)

    I also tried FurMark and got the GPU to work at Full Load (78C) for about 10 minutes and got 0 crashes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    Without gaming its around 40C , and the most I get is 70C while gaming ( it normally stays at 60C)

    I also tried FurMark and got the GPU to work at Full Load (78C) for about 10 minutes and got 0 crashes.
    Seems fine on temps for GPU how about the CPU ?

    Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) you received at first with " display driver stopped responding and recovered" is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. I think there still may be an issue with Graphics card or it's driver, since you first received that message. Use HWinfo to check voltage of PSU also.

    But without reading dump file hard to be sure, did not see much in Event Log, but was long.
    Recheck Event Viewer, Custom, Administrator events for anything about this issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    here the voltage when the pc is Iddle ( im not playing anything)

    https://i.imgur.com/UzwxrGp.png

    I will update while ingame.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    here the voltage when the pc is Iddle ( im not playing anything)

    https://i.imgur.com/UzwxrGp.png

    I will update while ingame.
    Power Supply, not info of CPU and GPU.
    Look through Event Viewer for Custom ,Administrator events for red errors relating to this.
    How are CPU temps ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Power Supply, not info of CPU and GPU.
    Look through Event Viewer for Custom ,Administrator events for red errors relating to this.
    How are CPU temps ?

    CPU temps are 39C iddle and quickly increases to 80C as soon as I start the game ( and its not even at load , the gpu is barelly doing anything its still at 50C, but Blade and soul is known for being CPU heavy). This could be CPU temp related hmm, Its been a while since I cleanned for dust.

    I will do the same tests for World of warcraft and see if the temps are the same, I'm posting here first because I'm 100% sure I will get a BSOD in just 5 minutes ( it happens all the time).

    Update: I did get a BSOD ( as I said I would) and It was in the very first 3 seconds of loading the game world. The temperatures were still 50C for the CPU and 45C for the gpu.

    With blade&soul the crashs happen randomly and I dont know what causes them but reducing the graphic settings to the minimum helps decreases their occurrence ( which might be cpu temperature related) , for wow that is not the case, I've tried every setting , every driver ( of the ones compatible with windows 10) and the results are the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    CPU temps are 39C iddle and quickly increases to 80C as soon as I start the game ( and its not even at load , the gpu is barelly doing anything its still at 50C, but Blade and soul is known for being CPU heavy). This could be CPU temp related hmm, Its been a while since I cleanned for dust.

    I will do the same tests for World of warcraft and see if the temps are the same, I'm posting here first because I'm 100% sure I will get a BSOD in just 5 minutes ( it happens all the time).

    Update: I did get a BSOD ( as I said I would) and It was in the very first 3 seconds of loading the game world. The temperatures were still 50C for the CPU and 45C for the gpu.

    With blade&soul the crashs happen randomly and I dont know what causes them but reducing the graphic settings to the minimum helps decreases their occurrence ( which might be cpu temperature related) , for wow that is not the case, I've tried every setting , every driver ( of the ones compatible with windows 10) and the results are the same.
    Seems AMD FX - 8320 processor you have will shutdown the PC by 90c not to damage it further. Now we know a source of a heating issue might be causing this, if due to CPU thermal paste, bad CPU Fan or excessive dust accumulation. Should clean inside of case regularly, mattering to conditions maybe at least once a month.
    Canned air is o.k. to use, fans and other parts over time can be damaged by dust and dirt, plus causing overheating and damaging parts even more.

    Need to measure Core temps of CPU, use combo of MSI and HWInfo or Riva Tuner. But never said PC shutdown just goes black or is it a blue screen ?
    Increasing settings in games if not proper may then cause it to crash or freeze up. CPU not a bad CPU, decently rated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games
I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as...
General Support
Games Crashing
Hello, all my games are crashing, I just re-installed Windows 10 because it was laggy and installed all the Drivers, but all the games Crashes now. It never crashed before I re-installed it.
Gaming
Random crashing when playing games and has continuous buzzing noise
I'm not sure what's causing it, but randomly my PC will just freeze on the last frame and continuously buzz (Exactly this: PC freezes and makes buzzing noise - YouTube). I'm not sure what I could give you guys to help me but just let me know. Thanks...
Performance & Maintenance
Random crashing when playing games and has continuous buzzing noise
I'm not sure what's causing it, but randomly my PC will just freeze on the last frame and continuously buzz (Exactly this: PC freezes and makes buzzing noise - YouTube). I'm not sure what I could give you guys to help me but just let me know. Thanks...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos
Hi All, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I have been having problems with Windows 10 installation. The latest among these is that Windows 10 crashes after playing youtube videos for sometime with BSOD....
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums