BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 9
    windows 10
       #1

    BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys


    Hi,

    Every time i try to play Skyrim i get a BSOD stating video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys. As well as this error i have also seen the Video managment error and the dxgknrl one as well but lately at the start of the game its always the tdr failure. In addition sometimes when i boot up my laptop it wont even recognize that i have a Geforce 870m graphics card in my computer but after a couple restarts it will randomly recognize it. I have attached the file that the tutorial video said i needed to do. I apologize in advance if there are some things i dont understand as i am a novice computer person with zero training.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Do you know if you use both your graphics cards?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    axe0 said:
    Do you know if you use both your graphics cards?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it uses both. When it boots up not recognizing the GeForce it is virtually impossible to play any game even at lowest graphics. When it registers the GeForce the main menu runs smooth like it's going to work until the game actually starts then BSOD.

    I recently tried to revert to a previous build for Windows figuring I never had problems with windows 8 and I have no need for or even care for Windows 10 until this BSOD issue is resolved. After the previous build attempt it was still on windows 10 and after installing JAVA it worked for 1 full game sesh and now back to the old BSOD. ..
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    Please configure your system to use only 1 graphics card at all time for testing.

    TDR failure means that the drivers of your graphics card don't respond and haven't been recovered within the max time amount, this might be caused due to switching between graphics cards.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    axe0 said:
    Please configure your system to use only 1 graphics card at all time for testing.

    TDR failure means that the drivers of your graphics card don't respond and haven't been recovered within the max time amount, this might be caused due to switching between graphics cards.
    how do i do this? I right clicked on the desktop and clicked the Nvidia control panel and got a "VIDEO_MEMOR_MANAGMENT_INTERNAL" BSOD
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    also quite often i will get that the Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7




    Diagnostic test

     GPU TEST


    Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

    Note   Note
    Run Furmark for around 30 minutes


    warning   Warning
    Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    axe0 said:


    Diagnostic test

     GPU TEST


    Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

    Note   Note
    Run Furmark for around 30 minutes


    warning   Warning
    Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high
    It cannot complete the test. Tried twice. First time it failed and said something about the kernel driver and then gave a DXGKRNL BSOD then second time it just stopped working and at the bottom right of the screen it gave me a driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia display driver kernel version failure
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #9

    Please try to disable the nvidia graphics in device manager.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    axe0 said:
    Please try to disable the nvidia graphics in device manager.
    After reboot it doesn't even recognize the Nvidia card at all so I am now running the furmark test on only the Intel 4600 card
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums