Windows 10: BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep
BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep
Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have periodically had a problem with my computer when I wake it from sleep. The symptoms of this are as follows:
- The machine will wake from sleep fine and I'm able to put in my password etc. After 30s to a minute, the machine will give me a BSOD citing Driver_Power_State_Failure (occasionally it has been something else but this is the main culprit.) It then collects data cycling up to 100% but does not reboot automatically. I need to do this manually. When I do so, the machine will reboot normally.
- On a couple of occasions in the last month, the machine will simply not wake from sleep at all and neither does it respond when I press the power or reset buttons. The only way I can get it to start again is by manually turning off the power supply and then turning it on again. I am not sure if this is related to the BSOD issue or whether it is a separate issue.
- I have previously had an issue where the machine would appear to wake from sleep but the screen would remain dead and the keyboard was unresponsive (though the num lock light was showing.) I can't recall having this issue recently and am unsure whether this is a separate issue.
- It normally seems to occur after the machine has been asleep (hybrid sleep) for some time.
- Of late I've noticed that it often seems to coincide with me opening a new program or file immediately after waking the machine from sleep.
I have tried several things to fix the issue as follows:
- I've tried to run Driver Verifier but have never managed to get the machine to start up successfully even with only one driver selected. (In fact I have to manually import the original registry settings to turn off Driver Verifier again in order to get my machine going again.)
- I have uninstalled and unplugged a USB video capture device but that has made no difference.
- I have completely uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card and then reinstalled using Microsoft's default drivers. No difference.
- I've made sure that I am running the latest drivers, have checked Windows update etc.
It's tricky to pin things down to a particular driver without using Driver Verifier and I'm not sure how to decipher the dump files and error logs generated each time this happens. That's why I've come here for help!
Here's a zip with all of the relevant data. Attachment 61143
Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!
Last edited by PastorMike; 27 Jan 2016 at 19:45.
Reason: Updating the attachment
I am exhibiting likely the same thing, and I'd love the solution as well!
I have a very fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64, off DVD on Jan 5th 2016, my system would go to standby and come back no problem. However, since then, probably about a week ago, it has started doing exactly what PastorMike's is doing. It will go to standby like normal, however after putting in my pin, around 30 seconds later it will crash with the bluescreen with the same error message.
Something to note, looking at my windows update history, are the following:
Security update for IE Flash Player (KB3132372) - successful on 1/5/2016
Update for Flash player (KB313431) - successful on 1/6/2016
Windows malicious software removal tool (KB890830) - successful on 1/12/2016
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3124263) - Failed install on 1/12/2016
I'm going to retry that windows update to see if it helps
Has anyone had a chance to look at this as yet? It's happening to me most days at the moment, sometimes several times in a day.
Any help you can give would be appreciated - even in terms of pointing me where to look next.
I don't have a solution yet. I tried uninstalling and re-installing those windows updates, and it didn't help for me. For now I've just disabled my standby mode, and I haven't had it happen again. Sad.
Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time.
I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file...
Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully...
This has been a problem even before upgrading to 10 from 8.1, but its getting worse. I reviewed my drivers in Device Manager and most look up to date. I realized I didn't have a chipset driver installed and that helped for a day or two, but its...
I normally always sleep my PC, rarely shut it down. So I slept my PC like normal after updating to windows 10, and sadface BSOD came up. Tried it again, happened again. It keeps happening, 100% of the time I wake it up, BSOD. Not sure what is going...