Windows 10: Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra BSOD when playing Blu-ray DVDs Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    15 Jan 2016 #1

    Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra BSOD when playing Blu-ray DVDs


    Hello,

    I recently ordered and got an LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Disc Drive Model UH12NS30 so i can watch blu-ray DVD's on my PC, i purchased Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra so i could have a player so i could play my Blu-ray DVD's, once done installing it and running and activating it, I restarted my PC. then once logged in, I put in my movie and hit play, it loaded for a moment and was reading the disc through the PowerDVD software and in a few seconds before the movie could even play on my screen, it crashed with a BSOD.

    I added a photo i took with the BSOD with the error message present in the image.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 x64 Home Build (Redstone(1)) 15063.608
       15 Jan 2016 #2

    Hi read through these links
    They may help you
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys | Windows Forum

    Windows 8.1 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD nvlddmkm.sys [Solved] - Windows 8 - Windows 8

    BSOD, system service exception, windows 8

    What I have glanced through seems to do with BIOS and driver issues
    Hope the links help you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Jan 2016 #3

    due to past issues with updating my bios, that isn't going to be an option for me.. there isn't any computer shop near by for me to get a new motherboard if it fails like last time.. so i guess I won't have any other options for this i guess.. thanks anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 Jan 2016 #4

    Brandon is this only time this happens this crash with PowerDVD ? nviddmkm.sys we know this is related to NVIDIA Driver have you updated it recently ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 Jan 2016 #5

    I updated my GPU drivers to the very latest ones after using DDU ( Display Driver uninstaller ) so it was a clean install.. should I revert back to the previous to see if this solves the problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 Jan 2016 #6

    BrandonR188 said: View Post
    I updated my GPU drivers to the very latest ones after using DDU ( Display Driver uninstaller ) so it was a clean install.. should I revert back to the previous to see if this solves the problem?
    But does it happen any other time, except with PowerDVD ? I have the same NVIDIA Chipset card but EVGA GTX 970, no issues with the newest drivers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    15 Jan 2016 #7

    jds63 said: View Post
    But does it happen any other time, except with PowerDVD ? I have the same NVIDIA Chipset card but EVGA GTX 970, no issues with the newest drivers.
    it only happens when i run PowerDVD to play a movie, that is about it.. no other BSOD or any other issues. I play games just fine but this particular program just makes my system bsod.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 Jan 2016 #8

    BrandonR188 said: View Post
    it only happens when i run PowerDVD to play a movie, that is about it.. no other BSOD or any other issues. I play games just fine but this particular program just makes my system bsod.
    Researching this i do see this issue with PowerDVD and nviddmkm.sys, most cases they were told to do what you did already. Also nviddmkm.sys file has caused crashes for other reasons in the past and present. Have you made sure PowerDVD has latest updates ?
    Try uninstallling it and reinstalling PowerDVD. I also have PowerDVD and as said same chipset card, no issues with Blu-rays.

    Mean just this program and not anything else, we know it is definitely between PowerDVD and drivers. Try reinstall it. Can be conflict with something else. Hard drive low on space ? Be good to check Event Viewer under Custom then Administrator events to see if it shows errors there copy to text post it here. Most cases this should be posted in BSOD thread and you posting your crash dump file for analysis, be best way to see what else might be conflicting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       15 Jan 2016 #9

    http://www.cyberlink.com/support/pro...14027&prodId=1
    Something i saw and was mentioning.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Jan 2016 #10

    jds63 said: View Post
    Researching this i do see this issue with PowerDVD and nviddmkm.sys, most cases they were told to do what you did already. Also nviddmkm.sys file has caused crashes for other reasons in the past and present. Have you made sure PowerDVD has latest updates ?
    Try uninstallling it and reinstalling PowerDVD. I also have PowerDVD and as said same chipset card, no issues with Blu-rays.

    Mean just this program and not anything else, we know it is definitely between PowerDVD and drivers. Try reinstall it. Can be conflict with something else. Hard drive low on space ? Be good to check Event Viewer under Custom then Administrator events to see if it shows errors there copy to text post it here. Most cases this should be posted in BSOD thread and you posting your crash dump file for analysis, be best way to see what else might be conflicting.
    I really appreciate your help.. I'll just test the program again, I'm installing it now after doing a clean install since it's been awhile.. system is fully updated.. now I'm just reinstalling this to try it out and hopefully no issues.. if so , I'll do as you suggested and look into how to do the crush dump file and get that up on the BSOD thread. thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
My dad upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago, however, now VLC and PowerDVD crash for some reason... they were working perfectly fine before the upgrade. For VLC, the video will freeze, but the audio will keep playing, but when you move the...
DivX and PowerDVD in Software and Apps
Folks, I have PowerDVD Ultra 15 installed. All is good. I also have DivX 10 installed. It seems like they do the same thing. I hate to sound ignorant, since I'm the one that bought/installed these, but what does DivX do that PowerDVD does not?...
Hi, i got this computer about 3~ Weeks ago, and have gotten random BSOD's after that. System Information Bellow Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5Ghz @ 3.5 GeForce GTX960 2gb GDDR5, Physx CUDA 1TB Harddisk 7200RPM 8Gb DDR4 2133Mhz Dual Channel, 2x4gb...
BSoD while playing ARK in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I can usually play for a couple hours and then it will just randomly crash. I used whocrashed and it said the problem was probably a driver and not a hardware problem.41772
Hi there, I've been getting the BSOD with the error message KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (no numeric error code) and have tried to fix myself but with no success. I've attempted to manually update drivers, this appears to make no difference. The...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:18.
Find Us