Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra BSOD when playing Blu-ray DVDs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #21

    Lets see if I can help.

    The error 0x3B(System_Service_exception) is usually caused by display drivers, other drivers and memory.
    It seems the Nvidia display driver (nvlddmkm) was trying to move memory to the virtual memory, but with the 0x3B the memory could have been corrupted already.
    Please test your memory using Memtest86+



    Diagnostic Test

     RAM TEST


    Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

    Note   Note


    MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 132
    Windows 10 Pro x64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #22

    I don't have a flash drive nearby or available at the moment.. but i highly doubt it's my ram.. i found a topic on cyberlink's forums and I'm not the only one with this issue.. it's more of their end than user end from what I'm getting.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14,893
    Windows 10 Pro
       #23

    I too found a topic at their forums, but the bluescreen isn't specified what could mean that the solution for the user on Cyberlink forum is different then a possible one for you.

    Of course this does not say the cause is not with Cyberlink, but I simply want to mention what I said above.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #24

    I told Brandon i have same NVIDIA chipset card GTX 970 as his and PowerDVD 15 with no issues playing Blu-Ray or DVD's. So it is not going to hurt to try Memtest to rule it out. USB Flash Drive are easy to find at most stores.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 132
    Windows 10 Pro x64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #25

    I digged around in the settings and turned off hardware acceleration and movies now play fine.. this is now solved! thanks for the support.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #26

    BrandonR188 said:
    I digged around in the settings and turned off hardware acceleration and movies now play fine.. this is now solved! thanks for the support.
    Within PowerDVD under the settings Video, Audio and subtitles ? Mine is checked there.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 132
    Windows 10 Pro x64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #27

    jds63 said:
    Within PowerDVD under the settings Video, Audio and subtitles ? Mine is checked there.
    Yup, the movie looks great so i don't think i need this option checked. thanks :)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #28

    BrandonR188 said:
    Yup, the movie looks great so i don't think i need this option checked. thanks :)
    O.k. i am not sure why this helps you, since we both have same chipset card and PowerDVD. Maybe someone else knows more. Glad it helped if i ever figure why it helps you, i will let you know. Your Welcome.

    PowerDVD does work well i have always liked it, even though have to pay for it.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2,818
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 21H1 (build 19043.1202)
       #29

    jds63 said:
    O.k. i am not sure why this helps you, since we both have same chipset card and PowerDVD. Maybe someone else knows more. Glad it helped if i ever figure why it helps you, i will let you know. Your Welcome.

    PowerDVD does work well i have always liked it, even though have to pay for it.
    Agree with you there well worth paying for
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums