Multiple BSODS within 2 days need solution ASAP

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

  1. Posts : 165
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #91

    axe0 said:
    Or BIOS problem (CMOS battery?)
    I don't think the CMOS battery would die so early. I had this computer for 2 years
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14,894
    Windows 10 Pro
       #92

    The time span of your system doesn't say much, components could fail within those 2 years as could the CMOS battery.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 165
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #93

    axe0 said:
    The time span of your system doesn't say much, components could fail within those 2 years as could the CMOS battery.
    So what's the plan? Should I replace the CMOS battery first and see if it starts everything up again?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 14,894
    Windows 10 Pro
       #94

    I lieve that decision to you, but I would choose a new motherboard.
    If it is the BIOS, then it has been replaced with a new battery thanks to a new motherboard, but if it isn't the battery then it could be a waste of money if only the battery is replaced.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 165
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #95

    axe0 said:
    I lieve that decision to you, but I would choose a new motherboard.
    If it is the BIOS, then it has been replaced with a new battery thanks to a new motherboard, but if it isn't the battery then it could be a waste of money if only the battery is replaced.
    I think I may try the battery first. If I need to replace the motherboard would I just get the same exact one I'm using now or what do you suggest?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 14,894
    Windows 10 Pro
       #96

    You can get the same, would be easiest :)
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 165
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #97

    axe0 said:
    You can get the same, would be easiest :)
    I'll get the battery first. I never replaced a motherboard before, is there a guide on the forum that can help with that? Funny thing is I had TigerDirect build my desktop in store before I picked it up
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 14,894
    Windows 10 Pro
       #98

    I haven't seen any tutorial or something for it, but you probably are in the best place for help at PC Custom Builds and Overclocking - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 165
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       #99

    axe0 said:
    I haven't seen any tutorial or something for it, but you probably are in the best place for help at PC Custom Builds and Overclocking - Windows 10 Forums
    Man, I wonder if it's tough or not. Can you find those CMOS batteries at the store or do I have to order it online?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 14,894
    Windows 10 Pro
       #100

    You can find batteries at a pc store.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums