Windows 10: Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Dec 2015 #1

    Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive?


    Hello all,

    My Windows 10 PC has been crashing fairly often the past couple days. Usually they are BSOD's but occasionally the computer will just outright freeze and I have to perform a hard reset. Right before the BSOD's started I updated Windows along with my graphics card driver/software, but I haven't made any hardware modifications in a while. I've been trying to fix this myself the past couple of days and I still haven't been able to track down the root cause. I've reached the point where running an sfc scan returns no errors (after fixing it by running dism). Thank you for any help you can provide.

    Here is my information...

    Attachment 54885
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 12,310
    Windows 10 Pro
       23 Dec 2015 #2




    Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive? Diagnostics Test Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive?
     Clean boot

    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything

    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok

    • Reboot if asked

    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    23 Dec 2015 #3

    axe0 said: View Post


    Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive? Diagnostics Test Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive?
     Clean boot

    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything

    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok

    • Reboot if asked

    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist
    Thanks for the response. I will try this but most of my BSODs come under heavy load. For example, after posting yesterday, I've let the computer run with very minimal interaction and it still hasn't crashed. I was hoping the dumps would show a suspicious driver or some other culprit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 12,310
    Windows 10 Pro
       23 Dec 2015 #4

    There are 4 different crashes in the dumps, some if not all crashes might be caused by a corrupted service.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    30 Dec 2015 #5

    axe0 said: View Post
    There are 4 different crashes in the dumps, some if not all crashes might be caused by a corrupted service.
    Thanks again for your help. I disabled all non-MS services/startup programs and my computer has been very solid. I enabled 3 startup programs a couple days ago; Plex, OneDrive, and Brightness Controller (program to use audio with my Apple cinema display) and I received one BSOD yesterday. Attached is an updated log collection. Can the latest crash be associated to one of the startups I enabled?

    Attachment 56132
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 12,310
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Dec 2015 #6

    Not sure, it is a system service crash but there are many drivers outdated.
    A system service crash could be caused by one of the startup items and/or drivers.

    Please remove ASrock software, they use drivers that are known for causing bluescreens.
    Please update/reinstall/remove AOMEI Backupper and Paragon.
    Please remove the AMD software to remove following driver.
    Code:
    AODDriver2		Tue Feb 11 12:06:52 2014 (52fa044c)		AODDriver2.sys
    Following are other outdated drivers, please update/reinstall/remove the drivers and/or related software.
    Driver Reference Table - lmimirr.sys
    Driver Reference Table - LMIRfsDriver.sys
    Driver Reference Table - MBfilt64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - npf.sys
    Driver Reference Table - tap0901.sys
    Driver Reference Table - GEARAspiWDM.sys
    Driver Reference Table - RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - pfmfs_7DB.sys
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    31 Dec 2015 #7

    axe0 said: View Post
    Not sure, it is a system service crash but there are many drivers outdated.
    A system service crash could be caused by one of the startup items and/or drivers.

    Please remove ASrock software, they use drivers that are known for causing bluescreens.
    Please update/reinstall/remove AOMEI Backupper and Paragon.
    Please remove the AMD software to remove following driver.
    Code:
    AODDriver2        Tue Feb 11 12:06:52 2014 (52fa044c)        AODDriver2.sys
    Following are other outdated drivers, please update/reinstall/remove the drivers and/or related software.
    Driver Reference Table - lmimirr.sys
    Driver Reference Table - LMIRfsDriver.sys
    Driver Reference Table - MBfilt64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - npf.sys
    Driver Reference Table - tap0901.sys
    Driver Reference Table - GEARAspiWDM.sys
    Driver Reference Table - RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - pfmfs_7DB.sys
    What graphics driver should I use? I uninstalled the AMD display driver and now I only have "Microsoft basic display adapter" installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 12,310
    Windows 10 Pro
       01 Jan 2016 #8

    The newest AMD driver but with as less as possible software.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    27 Jan 2016 #9

    Alright, I believe I did everything stated above except for uninstalling AOMEI Backupper (I use this for my monthly backups., any alternative suggestions?) I'm still getting the occasional BSOD. It seems to happen more when I'm using intensive software like Lightroom or PowerDirector. I'm starting to think it might be one of my hard drives. Here is my latest capture...

    Attachment 61154

    Thanks again for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 12,310
    Windows 10 Pro
       28 Jan 2016 #10

    You might be right about the hard drives looking at all the NTFS references.
    Run below tests on all hard drives



    Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive? Diagnostics Test Multiple BSOD - Maybe updated graphics driver or hard drive?
     HDD TEST

    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    1. Short Drive Self Test
    2. Short generic
    3. Long generic

    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.
    Note   Note
    Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.


    Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.

    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.


    Code:
    3: kd> k
    
    Child-SP          RetAddr           Call Site
    ffffd000`c4ecd1f8 fffff800`e3f70182 nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffd000`c4ecd200 fffff800`e3e4717c nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x11082
    ffffd000`c4ecd2f0 fffff800`e3f599bc nt!MmAccessFault+0x62c
    ffffd000`c4ecd460 fffff801`acc1d991 nt!KiPageFault+0x13c
    ffffd000`c4ecd5f0 fffff801`acb55f0c NTFS!NtfsDeleteFcb+0x251
    ffffd000`c4ecd670 fffff801`acc1cd1c NTFS!NtfsTeardownFromLcb+0x1fc
    ffffd000`c4ecd710 fffff801`acb4ca80 NTFS!NtfsTeardownStructures+0xdc
    ffffd000`c4ecd790 fffff801`acc04b5b NTFS!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0xd0
    ffffd000`c4ecd7d0 fffff801`acc0ce75 NTFS!NtfsCommonClose+0x40b
    ffffd000`c4ecd8a0 fffff801`ac405842 NTFS!NtfsFsdClose+0x285
    ffffd000`c4ecd9b0 fffff800`e41f302d FLTMGR!FltpDispatch+0xe2
    ffffd000`c4ecda10 fffff800`e41e01e8 nt!IopDeleteFile+0x12d
    ffffd000`c4ecda90 fffff800`e4270f84 nt!ObpRemoveObjectRoutine+0x78
    ffffd000`c4ecdaf0 fffff800`e3e78b79 nt!ObpProcessRemoveObjectQueue+0xa8
    ffffd000`c4ecdb80 fffff800`e3e17125 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xe9
    ffffd000`c4ecdc10 fffff800`e3f55906 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x41
    ffffd000`c4ecdc60 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I haven't been doing anything unusual and haven't installed anything recently, but all of a sudden I'm getting 2 to 3 BSOD's a day and it's driving me crazy. Right now anything I do needs to be saved almost every second. Below I have attached my...
Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go...
I have a lot of hard drives on quite a few pc's. I have always read that you should keep a minimum of 15% of free space on any hard drive, which I do on all of my hard drives (7 I think). I recently bought a LIVA MINI-PC and instead of a hard...
marvell driver for hard drive in Drivers and Hardware
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a updated version of the marvell driver that came on my asus mb for my sata III connected hd? it supposed to be a 6gb/sec drive as its a sata III but It doesnt seem to load windows all that quick.
I decided to update by Win8.1 PC to Windows 10. I need to update soon as I am moving to an area with only 1-4mb broadband so downloads will be slow. Checked compatability- all showed fine. Downloaded iso and ran it. Installation went ok. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.
Find Us