Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home

    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot loop.


    Hi,

    this is a costumer computer where Windows 10 crashed and is now in a boot loop, the costumer wants me to roll back to Windows 8, the problem is that I cannot boot into W10, the furthest I've gotten is to the W10 boot logo and then the BSOD hits.

    I've tried doing these things:
    Enable & Disable Secure Boot.
    Switch From/To UEFI / CSM

    F8 doesn't register so I cannot even get to the advanced options or to a cmd window to do the sfc /scannow command.

    Can't boot from an external cd dvd drive, I changed boot order, I see a flashing underscore/fat white line in the upper left corner like it is trying to boot from the drive, I can also hear it spin up and there is no text "press any key to boot from cd or dvd"..

    aaaand we are back to the screen with sad face.

    Any ideas, have I missed some obvious thing here?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,856
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hi BorisTheAnimal,

    When the system crashes a few times on boot, you normally get troubleshooting options.
    Can you get access to it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Hi BorisTheAnimal,

    When the system crashes a few times on boot, you normally get troubleshooting options.
    Can you get access to it?
    No, no matter how hard I smash F8 in, I never get to any kind of troubleshooting screen.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,856
    Windows 10 Pro

    You don't need to press f8, f8 is for the safe mode

    The system crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots
    and then you should get the troubleshooting options when booting.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    10 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    You don't need to press f8, f8 is for the safe mode

    The system crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots
    and then you should get the troubleshooting options when booting.
    Meh, gonna be a long wait.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,856
    Windows 10 Pro

    The usual causes for the system_thread_exception_not_handled crash are
    • Insufficient disk space,
    • Device driver,
    • Video card,
    • BIOS,
    • Hardware incompatibility,
    • Faulty system service,
    • Memory,
    • 3rd party remote control

    I have removed 1, because it is not valid for this.

    What I would like to try is to boot into safe mode via the command prompt in the advanced troubleshooting options, you need to open msconfig via the command
    Code:
    start msconfig
    and from there go to the boot tab to enable safe mode.
    This is a simple workaround for safe mode, but it usually works

    If this works, then we can almost for sure assume a system service or driver is causing the problem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    10 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    The usual causes for the system_thread_exception_not_handled crash are
    • Insufficient disk space,
    • Device driver,
    • Video card,
    • BIOS,
    • Hardware incompatibility,
    • Faulty system service,
    • Memory,
    • 3rd party remote control

    I have removed 1, because it is not valid for this.

    What I would like to try is to boot into safe mode via the command prompt in the advanced troubleshooting options, you need to open msconfig via the command
    Code:
    start msconfig
    and from there go to the boot tab to enable safe mode.
    This is a simple workaround for safe mode, but it usually works

    If this works, then we can almost for sure assume a system service or driver is causing the problem.
    But that is the real issue, I cannot access any advanced options menu.
    Also upon boot I sometimes see a text with something like "Applying automatic repair" and then there is a small circle of small circles doing a loop but it stops immediately after moving a millimeter and then I see the mentioned BSOD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,856
    Windows 10 Pro

    This is how you can get into the troubleshooting options, this shouldn't be something you have to do anything for.
    The system crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots,
    crashes,
    reboots
    and then you should get the troubleshooting options when booting.
    I understand you can't boot from an external device (cd/dvd or something), but you also can't get into the troubleshooting options after the system crashes 3 times?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    10 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    This is how you can get into the troubleshooting options, this shouldn't be something you have to do anything for.


    I understand you can't boot from an external device (cd/dvd or something), but you also can't get into the troubleshooting options after the system crashes 3 times?
    Yuuup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,856
    Windows 10 Pro

    Is the BIOS loaded for optimal settings?
    Thus, loading the default settings and where necessary tweaking the settings.
    I can understand if you don't know what setting might need to be tweaked.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
[Failured-To-Boot-Up] BsoDs+Boot-Loop+AutoRestarts (Windows 10)
This Problem has been happening since the Later Updates of Windows 10. (I remember when Windows 10 was first released, I had Zero problems with the OS, my PC was running fine. So, it confuses me, makes me think that it could be Windows 10, but it...
Performance & Maintenance
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Windows 10 boot loop
2009/2010 Acer Aspire 5738DZG Intel Pentium T4400 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 15.6" screen Windows 10 x64 When the laptop is turned on, a BSOD appears with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. It automatically restarts after around 5...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
System_THread_exception_not_handled win10 boot screen
Hello guys I already made a topic here, but didn't provide the files, so when i try to boot into win10 with usb it says system_Thread_exception_not_handled, doesnt give any error tho... I have lap top with model X50SL, 2 duos @ 1,66 ghz and 2 gb...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved Boot loop and more than 1 monitor
hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario. #1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10Pro(64) #2 Installed fine, but borked all installed games on steam, couldnt load a...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums