Windows 10: bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers

  1.    25 Oct 2015 #1

    bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers


    hey please help, ill provide info if needed added with windows 10 tool
    Last edited by xledruidx; 25 Oct 2015 at 10:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,554
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Oct 2015 #2

    Hi xledruidx,

    Welcome to the 10forums.

    Please run the tool from this BSOD Posting Instructions as it provides a few more files then from the sister forum sevenforums.com.
    The difference is with the Windows versions, Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 have a few things that Windows 7 doesn't have.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    25 Oct 2015 #3

    done
    axe0 said: View Post
    Hi xledruidx,

    Welcome to the 10forums.

    Please run the tool from this BSOD Posting Instructions as it provides a few more files then from the sister forum sevenforums.com.
    The difference is with the Windows versions, Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 have a few things that Windows 7 doesn't have.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,554
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Oct 2015 #4

    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates for the Intel graphics
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
    
    0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`bee00000 fffff800`bf43d000   igdkmd64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
        Image name: igdkmd64.sys
        Timestamp:        Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
        CheckSum:         0061C20F
        ImageSize:        0063D000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Check SuperAntiSpyware and Acronis for software updates and keep an eye on driver updates from your manufacturer.
    It might be that updating your software and drivers from your manufacturer doesn't solve the crashes immediately, but there are some drivers your manufacturer needs to give you for updating for compatibility with Windows 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    25 Oct 2015 #5

    yeah on the msi gt60 2od page the only drivers are for win7 they are lazy... could u find this driver for me? they have not updated drivers for this model after win10 came.
    axe0 said: View Post
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates for the Intel graphics
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
    
    0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`bee00000 fffff800`bf43d000   igdkmd64 T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
        Image name: igdkmd64.sys
        Timestamp:        Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
        CheckSum:         0061C20F
        ImageSize:        0063D000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Check SuperAntiSpyware and Acronis for software updates and keep an eye on driver updates from your manufacturer.
    It might be that updating your software and drivers from your manufacturer doesn't solve the crashes immediately, but there are some drivers your manufacturer needs to give you for updating for compatibility with Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,554
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Oct 2015 #6

    I can't find drivers because your system specs are not correct.
    As the logs are saying you are having a laptop/notebook, but according to the given specs from your side you have a desktop.
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    25 Oct 2015 #7

    done
    axe0 said: View Post
    I can't find drivers because your system specs are not correct.
    As the logs are saying you are having a laptop/notebook, but according to the given specs from your side you have a desktop.
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,554
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Oct 2015 #8

    Unfortunately, I can't even find graphics drivers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Windows 10 freezes randomly in General Support
Hi! I have been getting these random freezes a couple of times now which locks up the entire system and forces me to do a hard restart and i have tried EVERYTHING to resolve it, but no luck. I tried updating all drivers to the newest, did a sfc...
BSOD randomly. in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Lately i have been getting a blue screen once everyday randomly they all have been saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i have downloaded the thing in posting instructions and this is what it gave me...
I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue: I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I...
Windows 10 freezes randomly in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi! My Windows 10 Machine has gone into a freezing state tre times today. And i have to do a Hard shutdown to get it back up. I taught to my self 2 times is a coincidence and 3 is a pattern!. The thing is, i havent installed or updated anything...
BSOD randomly occurs in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.
Find Us