Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 3
    windows 10
       22 Oct 2015 #1

    daily BSOd(bad pool header) reboot after windows10 upgrade


    Since upgrading from win 7 home premium to win 10, my computer seems to reboot daily. I have seen a 'bad pool header' message if the BSOD/reboot happens when I am working on the computer. I have used the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis and it is in the attached zip folder. Thanks for any help that can be provided.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,906
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       23 Oct 2015 #2

    Hi tomzino,

    Welcome to the 10forums.

    The cause is an AMD driver called amdxata.
    It is included in the old drivers part for recommended updates.
    Code:
    3: kd> lmvm amdxata
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`4c120000 fffff800`4c12b000   amdxata  T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: amdxata.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\amdxata.sys
        Image name: amdxata.sys
        Timestamp:        Wed Oct 07 22:13:10 2009 (4ACCF656)
        CheckSum:         00007A58
        ImageSize:        0000B000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Old drivers, recommended to update as much as possible
    Code:
    AtiPcie    Mon Aug 24 10:25:26 2009       AtiPcie.sys      // AMD
    amdsata     Wed Oct 07 22:13:09 2009      amdsata.sys      // AMD
    amdxata    Wed Oct 07 22:13:10 2009   amdxata.sys      // AMD
    PxHlpa64    Tue Oct 20 20:08:42 2009      PxHlpa64.sys      // Check this link for software and update it if possible
    bcmwl664    Tue Dec 08 17:10:06 2009        bcmwl664.sys      // network driver, check motherboard manufacturer for updates
    BCM42RLY    Tue Dec 08 17:12:34 2009        BCM42RLY.sys      // don't know
    RtsUStor    Wed Mar 24 10:56:53 2010        RtsUStor.sys      // Realtek USB card reader
    ctxusbm    Fri May 13 05:05:00 2011        ctxusbm.sys      // Citrix USB driver
    point64    Wed Jan 09 12:15:52 2013         point64.sys      // Microsoft driver
    dc3d    Wed Jan 09 12:16:07 2013      dc3d.sys      // Microsoft driver
    L1C63x64     Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013       L1C63x64.sys      // Qualcomm driver
    AODDriver2     Tue Feb 11 12:06:52 2014       AODDriver2.sys      // AMD Overdrive driver, recommended to remove AMD software
    DDDriver64Dcsa     Wed May 28 21:58:54 2014     DDDriver64Dcsa.sys      // Dell Diagnostics driver
    Sftvollh     Wed Oct 08 05:03:06 2014        Sftvollh.sys      // Microsoft driver, only updated through Windows Update
    Sftfslh    Wed Oct 08 05:03:22 2014        Sftfslh.sys      // Microsoft driver, only updated through Windows Update
    Sftplaylh    Wed Oct 08 05:03:44 2014      Sftplaylh.sys      // Microsoft driver, only updated through Windows Update
    Sftredirlh    Wed Oct 08 05:03:47 2014      Sftredirlh.sys      // Microsoft driver, only updated through Windows Update
    Update links:
    AMD
    Realtek
    Microsoft
    Citrix
    Qualcomm or Atheros
    Dell
    Last edited by axe0; 23 Oct 2015 at 04:59. Reason: formatted for better readability
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 3
    windows 10
       23 Oct 2015 #3

    Thanks for the quick and detailed diagnosis to my problem. I will get started on updating the drivers that you have identified and try to get the problem fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2015
    Lake Norman
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       23 Nov 2015 #4

    Dell Studio XPS 7100 Bad Pool Error BSOD daily occurrence Windows 10


    My problem is very similar to tomzino's. Since upgrading from windows 7 home premium to windows 10, my computer gets a BSOD and reboots, almost daily. The most common error message is the 'bad pool header' message, although over the last few months there have been occasional other errors. There were many files in the minidump folder, so I ran the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis in the attached zip folder. The problem typically happens when the computer is idle, although I have had it crash while in the middle of some task. It's very aggravating and any help in identifying the cause will be appreciated.Attachment 50188
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,906
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       24 Nov 2015 #5

    CastAway said: View Post
    My problem is very similar to tomzino's. Since upgrading from windows 7 home premium to windows 10, my computer gets a BSOD and reboots, almost daily. The most common error message is the 'bad pool header' message, although over the last few months there have been occasional other errors. There were many files in the minidump folder, so I ran the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis in the attached zip folder. The problem typically happens when the computer is idle, although I have had it crash while in the middle of some task. It's very aggravating and any help in identifying the cause will be appreciated.Attachment 50188
    I suggest you create a new thread for your problem.
    This helps us help you better.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Lake Norman
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       24 Nov 2015 #6

    Per your advice, I started a new thread.

    axe0 said: View Post
    I suggest you create a new thread for your problem.
    This helps us help you better.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 3
    windows 10
       02 Dec 2015 #7

    CastAway said: View Post
    My problem is very similar to tomzino's. Since upgrading from windows 7 home premium to windows 10, my computer gets a BSOD and reboots, almost daily. The most common error message is the 'bad pool header' message, although over the last few months there have been occasional other errors. There were many files in the minidump folder, so I ran the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis in the attached zip folder. The problem typically happens when the computer is idle, although I have had it crash while in the middle of some task. It's very aggravating and any help in identifying the cause will be appreciated.Attachment 50188
    Sorry to say but I have tried updating the AMD drivers and it tells me that I have the latest drivers. I am living with the daily reboot, I might have to go back to win7 when I have time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,906
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       02 Dec 2015 #8

    tomzino said: View Post
    Sorry to say but I have tried updating the AMD drivers and it tells me that I have the latest drivers. I am living with the daily reboot, I might have to go back to win7 when I have time.
    We can't help you if you don't provide us with new data from the crashes.
    It is the same data we need that you have uploaded in your first post from this thread, from the dm log collector.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    02 Dec 2015 #9

    May I suggest perhaps doing a clean install. You should have far less problems. You don't need to enter your key since its already registered with your hardware.

    I have found that going from Windows 7 has been the cause of so many issues.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 10,906
    Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 TP / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Pro
       02 Dec 2015 #10

    Depending on how old the hardware is and if everything is at a good condition a clean install may or may not help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"
Hello, so I've been experiencing a large amount of BSOD's when I game but I've recently upgraded to windows 10 in hopes of the issue possibly being fixed so the old crash dump files are gone. One bsod occured today, so I'll leave a download for it...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD Bad pool header
I Received the error, A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_POOL_HEADER Technical Information: *** STOP: 0x00000019
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Bad Pool Header
Just wondering if there is a fix when receiving this error message
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Bad Pool Header
What is a "bad pool header". When it comes up it demands to reboot. Things will be just fine and then occasionally it will come up again and demands a reboot. Is there any "fix". What is going on, any way to fix it, to stop the process. What and why...
General Support
Windows 10 update cause Bad Pool Header at login
I tried updating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro Sp1. Update went through fine but as soon as I get to the login screen and hit enter I get a BSOD with Bad Pool Header. I couldn't boot into safe mode, do the "reset my PC" option or system...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums