1.    25 Sep 2015 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    10

    kernel security check failure


    upgraded to windows 10 not long ago like less then a month and it worked perfectly fine
    and today i got blue screen saying kernel security check failure it happend twice already
    i hope you guys can help me thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Sep 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hi adam5210,

    Welcome to the 10forums.

    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below




    If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

    Let us know how it goes
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    26 Sep 2015 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Hi adam5210,

    Welcome to the 10forums.

    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below




    If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

    Let us know how it goes
    hey i uninstalled my daemon tools but i didnt downloaded the SPTD beacuse my google chrome auto blocked it and now blue window hapened again
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Sep 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    26 Sep 2015 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please use the tool again and upload the zip file.
    there you go
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Sep 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please check TP-Link for driver updates for the USB network adapter.
    Make sure you have the most recent installed.
    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm athurx
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`23e00000 fffff800`23fde000   athurx   T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: athurx.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athurx.sys
        Image name: athurx.sys
        Timestamp:        Wed Apr 20 12:07:45 2011 (4DAEB071)
        CheckSum:         001E1C78
        ImageSize:        001DE000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    26 Sep 2015 #7
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please check TP-Link for driver updates for the USB network adapter.
    Make sure you have the most recent installed.
    Code:
    0: kd> lmvm athurx
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`23e00000 fffff800`23fde000   athurx   T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: athurx.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athurx.sys
        Image name: athurx.sys
        Timestamp:        Wed Apr 20 12:07:45 2011 (4DAEB071)
        CheckSum:         001E1C78
        ImageSize:        001DE000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    hey mate when i download the driver it not giving me any thing to install just folders with windows names and in the folders
    3 files names athuwbx.cat athuwbx.inf athuwbx.sys
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Sep 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    What are the names of the folders?
    You likely have to place them in the right directory.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    26 Sep 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 7
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    What are the names of the folders?
    You likely have to place them in the right directory.
    windows 7 32 bit windows 7 64 windows 8 32 bit windows 8 64 windows 8.1 32 bit windows 8.1 64
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Sep 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,952
    Windows 10 Pro

    Please follow the instructions from TP-Link for installing the drivers.
    Note   Note
    The instructions are from a Windows 7 pc
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure (ntoskrnl.exe)
I built this computer and even from its first bootup it has given me problems. -first i had bad memory 2 sticks of mushkin DDR3 2400 Blackline. -then windows would not want to install GTA V, because of bad memory. -NOW everything runs fine, but...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Reboot error message "kernel security check failure"
Please help. When my Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop was rebooted I got the above error. This laptop was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 about a month ago. I don't know if this is related or not but two days prior to this error today, the battery...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Custom built computer getting Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD
Just finished building my new computer. I've been getting Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD's nearly every day. They happen at no time in particular. Here is my file. Any help is appreciated :). 37545
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Getting Constant Kernel Security Check Failure
Just upgraded my system, have all latest drivers installed but getting this error constantly any help appreciated.
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD Kernel security check failure
29243 Recieving the BSOD once a day, at least. My drivers are up to date so far as I know and I've tried various methods of troubleshooting including the steps outlined here: What does the Kernel Security Check Failure Blue Screen error mean?...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums