Windows 10: Whea uncorrectable error, possible thermal issue? Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    19 Sep 2015 #11

    axe0 said: View Post
    That is why I said you can skip it


    You mean you have to force shutdown to get the pc working again?


    Please run Furmark, that the GPU was already in the system before you built it does not mean the GPU is not the cause.
    Yes, the memory test hard locks the pc, I have to hold down the power button and completly reboot it. I also am using the windows 10 memtest, the one that makes you reboot your computer to test it, basically in dos. I will go ahead and run furmark, I don't think it's the problem, but hey, I'm willing to listen to suggestions from people trying to help me

    Also, the blue screens only happen when the pc seems to go into stand by, or sleep or whatever. I will walk away and come back an hour later and there is a blue screen. It NEVER happens while I'm actually doing anything.

    uggg..... G.Skill just replied back, basically blaming the chipset and the board basically saying that it's not capable of supporting the ram. I personally think this is crap, board actually supports up to 3333mhz according to the manufacturer.

    **********
    Update
    Ran furmark about 35 minutes, temp never went above 71c, stayed 70 pretty much the whole time.
    Last edited by Darcw0lf; 19 Sep 2015 at 01:57.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,547
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Sep 2015 #12

    Darcw0lf said: View Post
    Yes, the memory test hard locks the pc, I have to hold down the power button and completly reboot it. I also am using the windows 10 memtest, the one that makes you reboot your computer to test it, basically in dos. I will go ahead and run furmark, I don't think it's the problem, but hey, I'm willing to listen to suggestions from people trying to help me

    Also, the blue screens only happen when the pc seems to go into stand by, or sleep or whatever. I will walk away and come back an hour later and there is a blue screen. It NEVER happens while I'm actually doing anything.

    uggg..... G.Skill just replied back, basically blaming the chipset and the board basically saying that it's not capable of supporting the ram. I personally think this is crap, board actually supports up to 3333mhz according to the manufacturer.

    **********
    Update
    Ran furmark about 35 minutes, temp never went above 71c, stayed 70 pretty much the whole time.
    That sounds more like a problem with the sleep/hybernate functions in windows 10.
    There are a lot of people having this problem, the best solution for this is to not use the functions until Microsoft fixes it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    19 Sep 2015 #13

    axe0 said: View Post
    That sounds more like a problem with the sleep/hybernate functions in windows 10.
    There are a lot of people having this problem, the best solution for this is to not use the functions until Microsoft fixes it.
    ok, I will disable it, which I usually do anyway, this was a fresh install and just never got around to it before this started happening, that and hopefully once I get the ram it will solve my other little weird issues. What do you think about gskill trying to blame the x99 chipset, trying to say it can't handle it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,547
    Windows 10 Pro
       19 Sep 2015 #14

    Darcw0lf said: View Post
    ok, I will disable it, which I usually do anyway, this was a fresh install and just never got around to it before this started happening, that and hopefully once I get the ram it will solve my other little weird issues. What do you think about gskill trying to blame the x99 chipset, trying to say it can't handle it?
    Would you mind posting the conversation?
    I would like to read it before I go into it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    20 Sep 2015 #15

    Dear Customer

    There is no problem with the XMP 2.0 Profile of this memory kit. With a compatible motherboard and capable CPU, DDR4-3200 can work without a problem. With the X99 platform, DDR4-3200 is nearing the limits of the Haswell-E CPU. Not all CPUs will be capable of this frequency, and some may require additional voltage tweaking to stabilize the memory controller. This is expected when pushing the limits of any processor. Keep in mind, Intel recommends DDR4-2133 and DDR4-2400 for the Haswell-E, so this RAM is pushing the memory controller capability over +33%. This is a significant amount for any frequency.


      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,547
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Sep 2015 #16

    They think the cause is a frequency or compatibility problem?

    Outside of windows it is hard for me to say what could cause the system lock down when trying to test the RAM.
    I doubt compatibility problems, but you might need to check the frequency of the memory to make sure it is not above 3200mhz if you haven't already.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    20 Sep 2015 #17

    nope, it's defiantly not above 3200, I bought a corsair set that will be here Tuesday, I'm pretty sure that will fix it and will check in then. Thanks for all the help
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,547
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Sep 2015 #18

    Keep us posted
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    25 Sep 2015 #19

    Well it was definitely a ram thing, I wanted to get corsair 3200, but everyone was out, and I found a deal on patriot 3000. I did a fresh install of windows, went through with no problems, and havne't had a blue screen in days. Looks like my issue is resolved, thanks all for the help
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,547
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Sep 2015 #20

    You're welcome
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Solved Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue in Installation and Upgrade
14703 Any suggestions??
So here's my complicated tale. Been an insider from 2014 on the first builds and my computer has ALWAYS stayed activated on the Windows 10 Insider Preview. Anyways after Build 10525 was released a new problem started on my computer that caused my PC...
I'd like to be able to search for the term "maxthon" and have the shortcut I keep in my Links folder (Users > Coaxsist > Links) show up as the first result so that I may hit return to select that result, follow the shortcut and run the program. This...
Hi, HP G60 laptop, occasionally I get a thermal cutout when sthg exceptional is going on. When this has happened, I get a BSOD after a restart and get stuck in a restart loop a couple of times and can't boot normally and don't get my boot menu...
So I just upgraded my work computer to windows 10. Previously I had windows 8.1 with IE11 and even though I initially had compatibility issues with my work's website, I had it working via compatibility mode. Now though, it barely works. I can load...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:48.
Find Us