Thread stuck in device driver

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #11

    PCkarma said:
    yes it works but when i restart it becomes a low resolution video
    That suggests that you're using the Windows basic display adapter driver and not the Intel HD 3000 driver.

    I did notice in the one dump that had a 0x50 bugcheck that there were references to your iGPU (the VEN_8086&DEV_0116)...
    Code:
    1: kd> !dpx
    Start memory scan  : 0xffff940ccebfdf38 ($csp)
    End memory scan    : 0xffff940ccebff000 (Kernel Stack Base)
    
    0xffff940ccebfdf68 : 0xfffff8054a2bfe02 : nt!KiUpdateStibpPairing+0x52
    0xffff940ccebfe008 : 0xfffff8054a266792 : nt!MiInitializePageFaultPacket+0x46
    0xffff940ccebfe038 : 0xfffff8054a266508 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x218
    0xffff940ccebfe148 : 0xfffff8054a3ab91e : nt!KiPageFault+0x35e
    0xffff940ccebfe248 : 0xfffff8054a2657ca : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x13a
    0xffff940ccebfe258 : 0xfffff8054a268e0d : nt!MiDeterminePoolType+0x9
    0xffff940ccebfe268 : 0xfffff8054a2941c4 : nt!RtlpHpLfhContextAllocate+0x64
    0xffff940ccebfe278 : 0xfffff8054a2802e4 : nt!KiProcessThreadWaitList+0x94
    0xffff940ccebfe288 : 0xfffff8054a268d07 : nt!ExGetHeapFromVA+0x4f
    0xffff940ccebfe2b8 : 0xfffff8054a268afd : nt!ExFreeHeapPool+0x111
    0xffff940ccebfe2f8 : 0xfffff8054a266fb0 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x140
    0xffff940ccebfe378 : 0xfffff8054a933019 : nt!ExFreePool+0x9
    0xffff940ccebfe3a8 : 0xfffff8054a27c456 : nt!IoFreeMdl+0x56
    0xffff940ccebfe3d8 : 0xfffff80550304008 : dxgkrnl!IoMmuDestroyPageManager+0xac
    0xffff940ccebfe408 : 0xfffff8055057cdf9 : dxgkrnl!DpiDestroyIoMmuContext+0x61
    0xffff940ccebfe438 : 0xfffff8055057587d : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleStopDevice+0x20d
    0xffff940ccebfe468 : 0xfffff8054a26b4ff : nt!ExpReleaseResourceForThreadLite+0x6b
    0xffff940ccebfe4c8 : 0xfffff8054a26b42f : nt!ExReleaseResourceLite+0x2f
    0xffff940ccebfe4d8 : 0xfffff8054a269b52 : nt!KeLeaveCriticalRegion+0x12
    0xffff940ccebfe508 : 0xfffff80550575cee : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleSurpriseRemoval+0x27e
    0xffff940ccebfe548 : 0xfffff8055042b8d6 : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoDispatchPnp+0xd6
    0xffff940ccebfe550 : 0xffff8108a045a770 :  !du "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10"
    0xffff940ccebfe588 : 0xfffff805502b9bc3 : dxgkrnl!LoadEtwStackLocation+0x23
    0xffff940ccebfe5a0 : 0xfffff8054a015250 : nt!DEVPKEY_DeviceContainer_HasProblem
    0xffff940ccebfe5d8 : 0xffff8108a5cb1020 : 0xfffff8055035ea40 : dxgkrnl!DpGlobals+0x40
    0xffff940ccebfe5e0 : 0xfffff80550575a70 : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleSurpriseRemoval
    0xffff940ccebfe608 : 0xfffff805503ee739 : dxgkrnl!DpiDispatchPnp+0xe9
    0xffff940ccebfe628 : 0xfffff8054a6cf632 : nt!PiPnpRtlObjectEventCallback+0x22
    0xffff940ccebfe698 : 0xfffff8054ac44040 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperationsLock
    0xffff940ccebfe6f8 : 0xfffff8054a2887bf : nt!IopAllocateIrpPrivate+0x16f
    0xffff940ccebfe728 : 0xfffff8054a287d3a : nt!IopfCallDriver+0x46
    0xffff940ccebfe738 : 0xfffff8054a26aebc : nt!KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc+0x2c
    0xffff940ccebfe768 : 0xfffff8054a287ce7 : nt!IofCallDriver+0x17
    0xffff940ccebfe770 : 0xfffff8054ac44000 : nt!PiPnpRtlRemoveOperationDispatchLock+0x40
    0xffff940ccebfe798 : 0xfffff8054a582d18 : nt!IopSynchronousCall+0xf8
    0xffff940ccebfe7c8 : 0xfffff8054a62c966 : nt!PiPnpRtlBeginOperation+0x32
    0xffff940ccebfe808 : 0xfffff8054a69e06d : nt!IopRemoveDevice+0x105
    0xffff940ccebfe8b8 : 0xfffff8054a69b9a8 : nt!PnpSurpriseRemoveLockedDeviceNode+0xb0
    0xffff940ccebfe8c0 : 0xffffc40efc0eae90 : 0xfffff8054ac440b0 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperations
    0xffff940ccebfe918 : 0xfffff8054a69dbb0 : nt!PnpDeleteLockedDeviceNode+0x88
    0xffff940ccebfe958 : 0xfffff8054a69d8ab : nt!PnpDeleteLockedDeviceNodes+0xf7
    0xffff940ccebfe9d8 : 0xfffff8054a69bffe : nt!PnpProcessQueryRemoveAndEject+0x1da
    0xffff940ccebfea20 : 0xffffc40efc3df920 :  !du "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10"
    0xffff940ccebfeab0 : 0xffff940ccebfeb50 : 0xfffff8054ad24440 : nt!ExNode0
    0xffff940ccebfeab8 : 0xfffff8054a6b96bf : nt!PnpProcessTargetDeviceEvent+0xeb
    0xffff940ccebfead0 : 0xffff940ccebfeb00 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d00 : nt!PiUEventApplyAdditionalFilters+0xa4
    0xffff940ccebfeae8 : 0xfffff8054a5fa01e : nt!PnpDeviceEventWorker+0x2ce
    0xffff940ccebfeaf0 : 0xffffc40efc0eae90 : 0xfffff8054ac440b0 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperations
    0xffff940ccebfeb00 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d00 : nt!PiUEventApplyAdditionalFilters+0xa4
    0xffff940ccebfeb50 : 0xfffff8054ad24440 : nt!ExNode0
    0xffff940ccebfeb68 : 0xfffff8054a21a349 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xf9
    0xffff940ccebfeb80 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d50 : nt!PnpDeviceEventWorker
    0xffff940ccebfeba0 : 0xffff81089ea50690 : 0xffff81089ea9ebb0 : 0xfffff8054ac50bc0 : nt!MiSystemPartition
    0xffff940ccebfebf8 : 0xfffff8054a21a250 : nt!ExpWorkerThread
    0xffff940ccebfec08 : 0xfffff8054a20b1b5 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x55
    0xffff940ccebfec58 : 0xfffff8054a3a4e98 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x28
    0xffff940ccebfec70 : 0xfffff8054a20b160 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup
    I know that on some older laptops the dGPU and iGPU work side by side, the dGPU doing the rendering and the iGPU handling the screen display. I'm wondering whether your problem might be the iGPU driver (igdkmd64.sys)? Where did that driver come from, it's not from the Dell website for your laptop?

    You might try downloading and running the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and see whether it finds a better driver for your iGPU?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #12

    ubuysa said:
    That suggests that you're using the Windows basic display adapter driver and not the Intel HD 3000 driver.

    I did notice in the one dump that had a 0x50 bugcheck that there were references to your iGPU (the VEN_8086&DEV_0116)...
    Code:
    1: kd> !dpx
    Start memory scan  : 0xffff940ccebfdf38 ($csp)
    End memory scan    : 0xffff940ccebff000 (Kernel Stack Base)
    
    0xffff940ccebfdf68 : 0xfffff8054a2bfe02 : nt!KiUpdateStibpPairing+0x52
    0xffff940ccebfe008 : 0xfffff8054a266792 : nt!MiInitializePageFaultPacket+0x46
    0xffff940ccebfe038 : 0xfffff8054a266508 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x218
    0xffff940ccebfe148 : 0xfffff8054a3ab91e : nt!KiPageFault+0x35e
    0xffff940ccebfe248 : 0xfffff8054a2657ca : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x13a
    0xffff940ccebfe258 : 0xfffff8054a268e0d : nt!MiDeterminePoolType+0x9
    0xffff940ccebfe268 : 0xfffff8054a2941c4 : nt!RtlpHpLfhContextAllocate+0x64
    0xffff940ccebfe278 : 0xfffff8054a2802e4 : nt!KiProcessThreadWaitList+0x94
    0xffff940ccebfe288 : 0xfffff8054a268d07 : nt!ExGetHeapFromVA+0x4f
    0xffff940ccebfe2b8 : 0xfffff8054a268afd : nt!ExFreeHeapPool+0x111
    0xffff940ccebfe2f8 : 0xfffff8054a266fb0 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x140
    0xffff940ccebfe378 : 0xfffff8054a933019 : nt!ExFreePool+0x9
    0xffff940ccebfe3a8 : 0xfffff8054a27c456 : nt!IoFreeMdl+0x56
    0xffff940ccebfe3d8 : 0xfffff80550304008 : dxgkrnl!IoMmuDestroyPageManager+0xac
    0xffff940ccebfe408 : 0xfffff8055057cdf9 : dxgkrnl!DpiDestroyIoMmuContext+0x61
    0xffff940ccebfe438 : 0xfffff8055057587d : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleStopDevice+0x20d
    0xffff940ccebfe468 : 0xfffff8054a26b4ff : nt!ExpReleaseResourceForThreadLite+0x6b
    0xffff940ccebfe4c8 : 0xfffff8054a26b42f : nt!ExReleaseResourceLite+0x2f
    0xffff940ccebfe4d8 : 0xfffff8054a269b52 : nt!KeLeaveCriticalRegion+0x12
    0xffff940ccebfe508 : 0xfffff80550575cee : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleSurpriseRemoval+0x27e
    0xffff940ccebfe548 : 0xfffff8055042b8d6 : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoDispatchPnp+0xd6
    0xffff940ccebfe550 : 0xffff8108a045a770 :  !du "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10"
    0xffff940ccebfe588 : 0xfffff805502b9bc3 : dxgkrnl!LoadEtwStackLocation+0x23
    0xffff940ccebfe5a0 : 0xfffff8054a015250 : nt!DEVPKEY_DeviceContainer_HasProblem
    0xffff940ccebfe5d8 : 0xffff8108a5cb1020 : 0xfffff8055035ea40 : dxgkrnl!DpGlobals+0x40
    0xffff940ccebfe5e0 : 0xfffff80550575a70 : dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleSurpriseRemoval
    0xffff940ccebfe608 : 0xfffff805503ee739 : dxgkrnl!DpiDispatchPnp+0xe9
    0xffff940ccebfe628 : 0xfffff8054a6cf632 : nt!PiPnpRtlObjectEventCallback+0x22
    0xffff940ccebfe698 : 0xfffff8054ac44040 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperationsLock
    0xffff940ccebfe6f8 : 0xfffff8054a2887bf : nt!IopAllocateIrpPrivate+0x16f
    0xffff940ccebfe728 : 0xfffff8054a287d3a : nt!IopfCallDriver+0x46
    0xffff940ccebfe738 : 0xfffff8054a26aebc : nt!KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc+0x2c
    0xffff940ccebfe768 : 0xfffff8054a287ce7 : nt!IofCallDriver+0x17
    0xffff940ccebfe770 : 0xfffff8054ac44000 : nt!PiPnpRtlRemoveOperationDispatchLock+0x40
    0xffff940ccebfe798 : 0xfffff8054a582d18 : nt!IopSynchronousCall+0xf8
    0xffff940ccebfe7c8 : 0xfffff8054a62c966 : nt!PiPnpRtlBeginOperation+0x32
    0xffff940ccebfe808 : 0xfffff8054a69e06d : nt!IopRemoveDevice+0x105
    0xffff940ccebfe8b8 : 0xfffff8054a69b9a8 : nt!PnpSurpriseRemoveLockedDeviceNode+0xb0
    0xffff940ccebfe8c0 : 0xffffc40efc0eae90 : 0xfffff8054ac440b0 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperations
    0xffff940ccebfe918 : 0xfffff8054a69dbb0 : nt!PnpDeleteLockedDeviceNode+0x88
    0xffff940ccebfe958 : 0xfffff8054a69d8ab : nt!PnpDeleteLockedDeviceNodes+0xf7
    0xffff940ccebfe9d8 : 0xfffff8054a69bffe : nt!PnpProcessQueryRemoveAndEject+0x1da
    0xffff940ccebfea20 : 0xffffc40efc3df920 :  !du "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10"
    0xffff940ccebfeab0 : 0xffff940ccebfeb50 : 0xfffff8054ad24440 : nt!ExNode0
    0xffff940ccebfeab8 : 0xfffff8054a6b96bf : nt!PnpProcessTargetDeviceEvent+0xeb
    0xffff940ccebfead0 : 0xffff940ccebfeb00 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d00 : nt!PiUEventApplyAdditionalFilters+0xa4
    0xffff940ccebfeae8 : 0xfffff8054a5fa01e : nt!PnpDeviceEventWorker+0x2ce
    0xffff940ccebfeaf0 : 0xffffc40efc0eae90 : 0xfffff8054ac440b0 : nt!PiPnpRtlActiveOperations
    0xffff940ccebfeb00 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d00 : nt!PiUEventApplyAdditionalFilters+0xa4
    0xffff940ccebfeb50 : 0xfffff8054ad24440 : nt!ExNode0
    0xffff940ccebfeb68 : 0xfffff8054a21a349 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xf9
    0xffff940ccebfeb80 : 0xfffff8054a5f9d50 : nt!PnpDeviceEventWorker
    0xffff940ccebfeba0 : 0xffff81089ea50690 : 0xffff81089ea9ebb0 : 0xfffff8054ac50bc0 : nt!MiSystemPartition
    0xffff940ccebfebf8 : 0xfffff8054a21a250 : nt!ExpWorkerThread
    0xffff940ccebfec08 : 0xfffff8054a20b1b5 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x55
    0xffff940ccebfec58 : 0xfffff8054a3a4e98 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x28
    0xffff940ccebfec70 : 0xfffff8054a20b160 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup
    I know that on some older laptops the dGPU and iGPU work side by side, the dGPU doing the rendering and the iGPU handling the screen display. I'm wondering whether your problem might be the iGPU driver (igdkmd64.sys)? Where did that driver come from, it's not from the Dell website for your laptop?

    You might try downloading and running the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and see whether it finds a better driver for your iGPU?
    1.Yes again it's one from Unifl(igpu driver)
    2.and i will try the one using intel DSA!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Win10Warlord said:
    Could you please provide the latest dump files using the V2 collection tool? The best option at the moment would be to use the just the iGPU and then wait until you have another crash. It seems that they're quite frequent from what you have mentioned.
    it's not just frequent it's everytime since 25/07/23
    god i am tired of it
    but i still want it fixed it's the only laptop i can take to uni

    V2 is taken during safe mode

    i will upload another v2 after installing the latest intel driver

    Both drivers are same version 15.28.24.4229 but different signer one is karl sabo the unifl driver one
    and one is intel
    sorry i was wrong both are diff versions unifl ver:2016
    intel ver =2015
    i will try installing intel one

    - - - Updated - - -

    amd gpu is showing up in hwinfo tooAttachment 394373

    - - - Updated - - -

    UPDATES

    I have installed the intel drivers that were on intel website
    and also uninstalled amd drivers
    and now the display is back to normal resolution and refresh rate

    i will now check for any bsod or crashes and upload the v2 whenever that happens

    - - - Updated - - -

    and instead of amd it shows microsoft adapter

    - - - Updated - - -

    I now have made 22h2 media USB
    should I upgrade windows using it?
    Last edited by PCkarma; 27 Jul 2023 at 07:41. Reason: wanted to add V2
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #13

    I would wait to be sure it's stable before upgrading.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #14

    ubuysa said:
    I would wait to be sure it's stable before upgrading.
    Ok I won't update then
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 41,705
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #15

    The computer is having BSOD and live kernel events caused by misbehaving AMD drivers.

    The goal now is to determine whether there is or is not malfunctioning hardware.

    The latest BSOD bugcheck was 116 (video TDR failure).


    Other BSOD and / or live kernel events were:

    141 Video engine timeout detected
    193 Video dxgkrnl live dump
    1A8 Video dxgkrnl black screen live dump
    117 Video TDR time out detected


    For the next 24 hours please do not make any software updates or upgrades and remain in continuous safe mode.

    If there are BSOD during safe mode then comment into this thread.

    If you're able to find and modify the AMD GPU switchable graphics menu so that only the Intel GPU is in use that is another option.

    EA
    116
    117
    1B
    141
    193



    Code:
    Name	AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
    PNP Device ID	PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6741&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_00\4&5A3530E&0&0008
    Adapter Type	AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6741), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description	AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
    Adapter RAM	1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    Installed Drivers	aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version	16.301.1901.0
    INF File	oem15.inf (ati2mtag_VancouverA section)
    Driver	C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ATIKMPAG.SYS (8.14.1.6489, 659.00 KB (674,816 bytes), 27-07-2023 10:54)
    	
    Name	Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    PNP Device ID	PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10
    Adapter Type	Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
    Adapter Description	Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    Adapter RAM	1.77 GB (1,897,486,336 bytes)
    Installed Drivers	aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version	10.17.10.4229
    INF File	oem3.inf (iSNBM0 section)
    Driver	C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ATIKMPAG.SYS (8.14.1.6489, 659.00 KB (674,816 bytes), 27-07-2023 10:54)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #16

    zbook said:
    The computer is having BSOD and live kernel events caused by misbehaving AMD drivers.

    The goal now is to determine whether there is or is not malfunctioning hardware.

    The latest BSOD bugcheck was 116 (video TDR failure).


    Other BSOD and / or live kernel events were:

    141 Video engine timeout detected
    193 Video dxgkrnl live dump
    1A8 Video dxgkrnl black screen live dump
    117 Video TDR time out detected


    For the next 24 hours please do not make any software updates or upgrades and remain in continuous safe mode.

    If there are BSOD during safe mode then comment into this thread.

    If you're able to find and modify the AMD GPU switchable graphics menu so that only the Intel GPU is in use that is another option.

    EA
    116
    117
    1B
    141
    193



    Code:
    Name	AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
    PNP Device ID	PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6741&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_00\4&5A3530E&0&0008
    Adapter Type	AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6741), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    Adapter Description	AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
    Adapter RAM	1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    Installed Drivers	aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version	16.301.1901.0
    INF File	oem15.inf (ati2mtag_VancouverA section)
    Driver	C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ATIKMPAG.SYS (8.14.1.6489, 659.00 KB (674,816 bytes), 27-07-2023 10:54)
    	
    Name	Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    PNP Device ID	PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_04CD1028&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10
    Adapter Type	Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
    Adapter Description	Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    Adapter RAM	1.77 GB (1,897,486,336 bytes)
    Installed Drivers	aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
    Driver Version	10.17.10.4229
    INF File	oem3.inf (iSNBM0 section)
    Driver	C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ATIKMPAG.SYS (8.14.1.6489, 659.00 KB (674,816 bytes), 27-07-2023 10:54)
    PLEASE REPLY FAST SO I CAN WORK ON IT(I am not angry..)
    I should let you know that while I was installing intel drivers and testing as ubuyasa suggested
    windows feature update 22h2 installed ...
    so will this count as software update ?
    and also i uninstalled the amd gpu driver so that i can work with my laptop

    so if it is needed i will install it again and change the amd settings to use intel gpu all time using switchable graphics
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 41,705
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #17

    When testing in safe mode Windows cannot perform upgrades.

    Two tests can be performed for confirmation:
    a) testing while AMD GPU is off
    b) testing while in safe mode

    Minimize other steps so that are no confounding factors.

    When testing Intel GPU (iGPU) use normal boot.
    When testing AMD GPU (dGPU) use safe mode.

    For any BSOD indicate:
    1) the duration of time in either safe mode or normal boot
    2) any other steps made beside computer monitoring
    3) whether iGPU or dGPU was on or off
    4) whether drivers had been modified
    5) post a new V2 share link into the newest post
    etc.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #18

    PCkarma said:
    PLEASE REPLY FAST SO I CAN WORK ON IT(I am not angry..)
    I should let you know that while I was installing intel drivers and testing as ubuyasa suggested
    windows feature update 22h2 installed ...
    so will this count as software update ?
    and also i uninstalled the amd gpu driver so that i can work with my laptop

    so if it is needed i will install it again and change the amd settings to use intel gpu all time using switchable graphics
    If 22H2 has installed then that's fine, I wouldn't worry about it. My main concern right now is to establish for certain that it's stable just using the iGPU (the Intel HD 3000).

    If it is stable on the iGPU (and with the latest Intel drivers installed) then we can move on to trying to get the AMD GPU running. But we MUST be sure it's stable on just the iGPU first.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #19

    ubuysa said:
    If 22H2 has installed then that's fine, I wouldn't worry about it. My main concern right now is to establish for certain that it's stable just using the iGPU (the Intel HD 3000).
    If it is stable on the iGPU (and with the latest Intel drivers installed) then we can move on to trying to get the AMD GPU running. But we MUST be sure it's stable on just the iGPU first.
    Ok will do so

    - - - Updated - - -

    I found this Microsoft Community post
    and the person also had the almost same issue as me , I presume, his issue was also resolved, can take this into consideration..
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-13eaf0ada084

    - - - Updated - - -

    1.As of now the windows is still running for around 9 hours in safe mode, with both drivers installed
    2.As for running only the iGPU in normal boot , it was running really fine, no blackouts , no flickering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    *UPDATE*
    Did a Sfc scannow in safe boot and found some corrupt files and repaired it
    Restarted and after second scannow - "WSP did not find any integrity violations"

    - - - Updated - - -

    OMG GUYS
    i think it might have solved the problem
    okay let's not get over exited about it
    so i did a v2 and i will upload the cbs log too(sfc which repaired)
    and will now do a restart to see if it actually helped and then keep it running till night

    - - - Updated - - -

    cool
    so after doing sfc and restarting into normal boot and coming upto login screen (no password)
    it freezed a little bit and did the blink and black thing two times
    So it thought it was a failure
    but interestingly i was at the desktop without any problem to see
    then i tried to check using devmgmt and it showed that both devices are running
    i tried to open the amd catalyst control centre but it showed this error
    Attachment 394435
    after running the hwinfo64 the screen blacked out and went back on again

    i will to restart laptop again and check the situation

    - - - Updated - - -

    CBS.log

    - - - Updated - - -

    ok so after doing two restarts i could not get it to work but i did not crash just staying on desktop or using firefox
    using devmgmt

    however i did run furmark 3d benchmark it did initially produce 6-7 fps but soon screen just blacked out so i force shut it down and after restart i uninstalled the amd driver i will test the iGPU first again
    then install amd gpu drivers from oldest to latest and check which works best thanks for being with me until now i cannot thank you enough
    quite a tedious task to be fair but gotta do it for my laptop
    Last edited by PCkarma; 28 Jul 2023 at 22:20.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #20

    Ok, so it looks as though the system is stable on just the iGPU? I think that's what you mean here...
    As for running only the iGPU in normal boot , it was running really fine, no blackouts , no flickering.
    That being the case we can be pretty sure that the problem lies either with the RADEON 7650M card or with the driver. All of your recent dumps are 0x116 bugchecks, a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. TDR is the Timeout Detection and Recovery feature, it's designed to detect a graphics hang and reset the driver and/or card to resolve the hang. If the attempted recovery fails then you get this 0x116 BSOD. These dumps too then, confirm that the issue seems related to the 7650M.

    Again, I need to mention that this laptop was never designed for Windows 10, but the graphics driver you have installed is not the most recent...
    Code:
    3: kd> lmvm atikmpag
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff807`70d30000 fffff807`70dd9000   atikmpag T (no symbols)           
        Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
        Image name: atikmpag.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Wed Nov  4 23:16:43 2015 (563A75BB)
        CheckSum:         000A93CF
        ImageSize:        000A9000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
        Information from resource tables:
    According to the AMD legacy driver site there is a later driver dated 1st March 2016, so it's worth you downloading and installing that version - although it's marked as a Beta version.

    If that (latest) version and the 2015 version you're running both cause 0x116 BSODs then I fear that the problem is the RADEON card itself - either that or a Windows 10 incompatibility. The BIOS you're using (A12) is the latest available, but that's for Windows 7 of course....
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums