BSOD's while gaming (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)


  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 11
       #1

    BSOD's while gaming (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)


    Hello everyone,
    Literally yesterday I started having BSOD's while gaming, I have not had one while NOT Gaming, There was a very heavy storm between when my system worked and it started having issues but there was no thunder, but just in case I just swapped my PSU for last boot on the log, since I did read that this is most likely a hardware issue, tried doing a fresh windows reinstall and the issue persist.

    Windows Version: 22H2 (OS Build 22624.1755)
    BSOD's while gaming (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) Attached Files
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #2

    If you have reinstalled Windows (and all the correct drivers) and it still fails then it's a hardware issue.

    You mention BSODs in your title, but there are no BSODs recorded in your System log - I'm guessing that's because you've reinstalled? There are no dump files either - for the same reason.

    Since all the data uploaded is for the newly installed system and not the one that was having BSODs it's pretty useless I'm afraid.

    I hope your PC was plugged in to the power via a surge protector? They filter power spikes to ground, protecting the PC - especially during lighting.

    I'm afraid I have no idea what this means; " I just swapped my PSU for last boot on the log"...?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 11
    Thread Starter
       #3

    ubuysa said:
    If you have reinstalled Windows (and all the correct drivers) and it still fails then it's a hardware issue.

    You mention BSODs in your title, but there are no BSODs recorded in your System log - I'm guessing that's because you've reinstalled? There are no dump files either - for the same reason.

    Since all the data uploaded is for the newly installed system and not the one that was having BSODs it's pretty useless I'm afraid.

    I hope your PC was plugged in to the power via a surge protector? They filter power spikes to ground, protecting the PC - especially during lighting.

    I'm afraid I have no idea what this means; " I just swapped my PSU for last boot on the log"...?
    Sorry for some of the vagueness, to clarify, the logs are after a BSOD on the fresh install of Windows, that is one of the main issues I have found through all this, there are just.....no crash logs.
    As for the last part, I meant that since the last boot on the log, I swapped the PSU of my PC, English is not my first language, so I think something just got in translation.

    To add, since that PSU swap, I have had no crashes, but I still don't know if that is what was actually wrong or if my SSD is about to die, I was hoping that by posting here I could get some clarity on what the issue might be (Maybe SSD was dropping out due to bad PSU under load? Maybe its a graphics card issue? Or maybe the drive is just spewing out errors, I really dont know), tried to do my own research but without any crash logs or minidumps, kinda hit a wall by myself.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #4

    When you talked about 'a very heavy storm' my first thoughts were a PSU issue. If you're not using a surge protector please get one.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 11
    Thread Starter
       #5

    ubuysa said:
    When you talked about 'a very heavy storm' my first thoughts were a PSU issue. If you're not using a surge protector please get one.
    Are there any Surge protectors that are recommended for Houses with no grounding? wiring connections to ground is not really an option...
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #6

    I'm no electrician, but a house with no grounding sounds dangerous to me....?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #7

    FultonBoss said:
    Are there any Surge protectors that are recommended for Houses with no grounding? wiring connections to ground is not really an option...
    if your house has no grounding your house is not up to code and needs to be addressed if you value your life and safety
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums