netflix forcing pc restart

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 168
    windows 10
       #1

    netflix forcing pc restart


    i am attaching v2 log collector file please help me
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #2

    tushar4544 said:
    video driver caused it, your video driver is from last year. the current one from feb of this year is here.

    relevant info highlighted below

    DriverDate 20-04-2022 5.30.00 AM
    2: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    * *
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    * *
    *******************************************************************************

    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
    The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted
    in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress.
    Any other values after
    parameter 1 must be individually examined according to the subtype.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000002, The driver failed upon the submission of a command.
    Arg2: ffffffffc000000d
    Arg3: fffff88486d7a860
    Arg4: ffffe4871b8ede90

    Debugging Details:
    ------------------

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

    KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

    Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec
    Value: 2843

    Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisManager
    Value: Create

    Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec
    Value: 13998

    Key : Analysis.Init.CPU.mSec
    Value: 202

    Key : Analysis.Init.Elapsed.mSec
    Value: 2629

    Key : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb
    Value: 75

    Key : WER.OS.Branch
    Value: vb_release

    Key : WER.OS.Timestamp
    Value: 2019-12-06T14:06:00Z

    Key : WER.OS.Version
    Value: 10.0.19041.1


    BUGCHECK_CODE: 119

    BUGCHECK_P1: 2

    BUGCHECK_P2: ffffffffc000000d

    BUGCHECK_P3: fffff88486d7a860

    BUGCHECK_P4: ffffe4871b8ede90

    BLACKBOXBSD: 1 (!blackboxbsd)


    BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 (!blackboxntfs)


    BLACKBOXPNP: 1 (!blackboxpnp)


    BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

    PROCESS_NAME: System

    STACK_TEXT:
    fffff884`86d7a788 fffff807`6ff43ad0 : 00000000`00000119 00000000`00000002 ffffffff`c000000d fffff884`86d7a860 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    fffff884`86d7a790 fffff807`86498399 : ffffe487`1b8eb000 00000000`c000000d fffff884`86d7a899 00000000`00000007 : watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xe0
    fffff884`86d7a7d0 fffff807`86514bcd : ffffe487`00000000 ffffe487`1b8ede90 ffffe487`1b7eb000 ffffe487`23c47010 : dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue+0xa99
    fffff884`86d7a900 fffff807`8651d54a : ffffe487`23c47010 ffffe487`1b7eb000 00000000`00000000 ffffe487`1a06c6e0 : dxgmms2!VidSchiSubmitPagingCommand+0x2ed
    fffff884`86d7aa80 fffff807`8651d3ba : ffffe487`1b7eb400 fffff807`8651d2f0 ffffe487`1b7eb000 fffff807`52f9d100 : dxgmms2!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0x17a
    fffff884`86d7aad0 fffff807`57e55485 : ffffe487`1b846380 fffff807`00000001 ffffe487`1b7eb000 000fa4ef`bd9bbfff : dxgmms2!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xca
    fffff884`86d7ab10 fffff807`58002cc8 : fffff807`52f9d180 ffffe487`1b846380 fffff807`57e55430 003e9999`9a000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x55
    fffff884`86d7ab60 00000000`00000000 : fffff884`86d7b000 fffff884`86d74000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x28


    SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue+a99

    MODULE_NAME: dxgmms2

    IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms2.sys

    IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.2311

    STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

    BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: a99

    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x119_2_DRIVER_FAILED_SUBMIT_COMMAND_dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue

    OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1

    BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release

    OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

    OSNAME: Windows 10

    FAILURE_ID_HASH: {9a11bf9c-270e-962e-7a82-3efdab93c10e}

    Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 168
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    tomdsr said:
    video driver caused it, your video driver is from last year. the current one from feb of this year is here.

    relevant info highlighted below
    ok so all other hardware is good? it is gpu only? no issues in ram?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 168
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    tomdsr said:
    video driver caused it, your video driver is from last year. the current one from feb of this year is here.

    relevant info highlighted below
    can u go through again my pc just restarted while netflix was on loading screen
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #5

    tushar4544 said:
    there was no new dump file generated.
      My Computers


  6. 3nd
    Posts : 859
    Zorin Lite
       #6
    Last edited by 3nd; 19 Feb 2023 at 13:52.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 168
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    netflix crashing pc


    i had a post earlier for this but after many days again netflix forced pc restart suddenly. can anyone help me with v2 log file
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 9,781
    Mac OS Catalina
       #8

    Netflix is not causing this problem. Have you ever tried to run a clean machine without any tweaks or user "changes" that may be causing it, along with having the hardware checked for issues.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 402
    Windows 10 and Windows 11
       #9

    It's more than likely your graphics driver...
    Code:
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x119_2_DRIVER_FAILED_SUBMIT_COMMAND_dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue
    Did the problem happen before you updated the graphics driver? You did that recently because the driver is dated Feb 24th 2023...
    Code:
    6: kd> lmDvmnvlddmkm
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff805`a2660000 fffff805`a5ef4000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)             
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_abf7e4e84f20581c\nvlddmkm.sys
        Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Fri Feb 24 23:47:28 2023 (63F93070)
        CheckSum:         0379570D
        ImageSize:        03894000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
        Information from resource tables:
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 168
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    ubuysa said:
    It's more than likely your graphics driver...
    Code:
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x119_2_DRIVER_FAILED_SUBMIT_COMMAND_dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue
    Did the problem happen before you updated the graphics driver? You did that recently because the driver is dated Feb 24th 2023...
    Code:
    6: kd> lmDvmnvlddmkm
    Browse full module list
    start             end                 module name
    fffff805`a2660000 fffff805`a5ef4000   nvlddmkm   (deferred)             
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_abf7e4e84f20581c\nvlddmkm.sys
        Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
        Browse all global symbols  functions  data
        Timestamp:        Fri Feb 24 23:47:28 2023 (63F93070)
        CheckSum:         0379570D
        ImageSize:        03894000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
        Information from resource tables:
    before updating driver it was same. i dont know where to go what to do? problem is with netflix only and nothing else

    - - - Updated - - -

    bro67 said:
    Netflix is not causing this problem. Have you ever tried to run a clean machine without any tweaks or user "changes" that may be causing it, along with having the hardware checked for issues.
    only netflix causes this problem. No other software ever causes any issue
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums