PC randomly restarts randomly in 3D Software and Firefox


  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    PC randomly restarts randomly in 3D Software and Firefox


    Hey all,
    I have the problem that my PC randomly restarts when I'm working in the 3d program Houdini. The screen sometimes just goes black and Windows reboots. I am not doing anything CPU- or GPU-intensive like rendering or so, just moving around in the viewport. The same also happens when I'm opening the site SIXMOREVODKA - Home in Firefox.

    My Windows version is 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1288)

    I've attached the zip-file provided by the V2 Log collector

    SHODAN-(2022-01-20_00-19-34).zip


    Any help is appreciated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've now also run 4 passes of MemTest86 but the memory shows no errors.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 777
    Windows 10
       #2

    Good evening @Grundini.

    Welcome to TenForums - Introduce yourself here.


    I hope to answer your question, since it looks as if nobody else has seen the post.


    information   Information
    Your error is most likely due to Graphic Driver related issues. This will walk you through updating your graphic card drivers


    As outlined in your My Computer section on TF, you have a GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

    Here is a link to the correct drivers for your graphics card: Nvidia | Geforce GTX 980Ti Drivers

    Simply click Download and follow through the setup process. You may skip installing Geforce Experience.

    Get back to me after following through with this process,

    -James
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #3

    James said:
    Good evening @Grundini.

    Welcome to TenForums - Introduce yourself here.


    I hope to answer your question, since it looks as if nobody else has seen the post.


    information   Information
    Your error is most likely due to Graphic Driver related issues. This will walk you through updating your graphic card drivers


    As outlined in your My Computer section on TF, you have a GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

    Here is a link to the correct drivers for your graphics card: Nvidia | Geforce GTX 980Ti Drivers

    Simply click Download and follow through the setup process. You may skip installing Geforce Experience.

    Get back to me after following through with this process,

    -James

    That link is for the driver they have installed per gpu.txt
    Name : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    DeviceID : VideoController1
    PNPDeviceID : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_17C810DE&REV_A1\4&31024D2F&0&0018
    VideoProcessor : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    CurrentRefreshRate : 59
    VideoModeDescription : 3840 x 1600 x 4294967296 colors
    AdapterRAM : 4293918720
    DriverVersion : 30.0.15.1123 = 511.23
    InfFilename : oem8.inf
    InstalledDisplayDrivers : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_015fa42d67826549\nvldumdx.dll,C:\ Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_015fa42d67826549\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Win dows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_015fa42d67826549\nvldumdx.dll,C:\Window s\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_015fa42d67826549\nvldumdx.dll
    InstallDate :
    DriverDate : 1/10/2022 1:00:00 AM
    Status : OK
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #4

    Grundini said:
    Hey all,
    I have the problem that my PC randomly restarts when I'm working in the 3d program Houdini. The screen sometimes just goes black and Windows reboots. I am not doing anything CPU- or GPU-intensive like rendering or so, just moving around in the viewport. The same also happens when I'm opening the site SIXMOREVODKA - Home in Firefox.

    My Windows version is 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1288)

    I've attached the zip-file provided by the V2 Log collector

    SHODAN-(2022-01-20_00-19-34).zip


    Any help is appreciated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've now also run 4 passes of MemTest86 but the memory shows no errors.




    Your log files contain no dump files. please see this tutorial: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

    Your event logs for system arent even showing an improper shutdown

    This is not a memory issue, so memtest wont help.

    Please follow this tutorial to stress the video card: FurMark - GPU Stress Test

    Please lets us know the results
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Hey, thanks for your replies. The problem indeed seems to be hardware related. I've now narrowed it down to be caused by either the PSU or the GPU. I'm currently waiting for a spare graphics card and a PSU from a friend to run some tests. I'll update the thread as soon as I know more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've now replaced my GPU with a GTX 660 from a friend and the problem is now gone.


    Cheers.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 885
    10 Pro/11 Pro Dual Boot
       #6

    Grundini said:
    Hey, thanks for your replies. The problem indeed seems to be hardware related. I've now narrowed it down to be caused by either the PSU or the GPU. I'm currently waiting for a spare graphics card and a PSU from a friend to run some tests. I'll update the thread as soon as I know more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've now replaced my GPU with a GTX 660 from a friend and the problem is now gone.


    Cheers.

    Good to hear you fixed it, wish it would have been the power supply (considering current gpu prices). I'll hope you find a great deal on a RTX 3090 Ti
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    tomdsr said:
    I'll hope you find a great deal on a RTX 3090 Ti
    Haha, yeah that's very likely! 🤑
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums