Daily BSODs; started about a week ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
       #1

    Daily BSODs; started about a week ago


    Hi, I started having daily (sometimes multiple times daily) BSODs that started about a week ago. It seems like the stop codes for these are different every time. Here are some that I have captured:

    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

    My device is an LG Gram 17 laptop with 16 GB of memory running Windows 10 Home 20H2, build 19042.1110.

    I ran the v2 Log Collector, and uploaded the files to Google Drive here: DESKTOP-KNKQ032-(2021-07-19_15-35-51).zip - Google Drive

    I would greatly appreciate any assistance provided on this! Thanks!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,397
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #2
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
    Thread Starter
       #3

    I only had a chance to run OCCT so far earlier this evening, and it ran without a hiccup. I did the large test for 30 minutes. I will do the other two as soon as I am able. I also have a full memory dump from one of the BSODs yesterday, if needed. Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    So I intended to run Prime95 for about 3 hours last night, but it seems to run in the background even after closing the main window, so it ran all night. No problems running it whatsoever. I killed the process this morning and went about starting my work day, and less than 20 minutes later, it blue screened again. I just ran the IPDT test, and everything from that passed. What do I need to do next?

    Daily BSODs; started about a week ago-ipdt-test-7-22-21.png

    - - - Updated - - -

    Had another blue screen this morning. The stop code for yesterday's and today's were both the same: UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP.
      My Computer

  4. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,858
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    Hi there,

    Please upload a new zip from the V2 log collector, I'd like to have a look at the newest crashes.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
    Thread Starter
       #5

    axe0 said:
    Hi there,

    Please upload a new zip from the V2 log collector, I'd like to have a look at the newest crashes.

    I've uploaded the new ZIP from the V2 log collector here: DESKTOP-KNKQ032-(2021-07-28_11-05-36).zip - Google Drive

    I've also uploaded the latest full memory dump here: MEMORY.zip - Google Drive

    Thanks!
      My Computer

  6. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,858
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    Unfortunately, to me this looks like a problem with either the motherboard or the CPU.

    The crashes are all over the place, I usually see this when the root cause is the motherboard or the CPU. I am not expecting that any hardware tests will help in finding the exact cause.

    Because this is a laptop, the only advice I can give you is either use warranty to get it fixed starting with a CPU replacement is that would be the easiest option practically speaking, or replace the laptop.

    One option to try might be removing one of the memory sticks and see if the crashes continue. Issues with the memory (technical incompatibility or simply defects for example), can too cause this kind of problems but it's less common than the CPU or motherboard.
      My Computers



  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
    Thread Starter
       #7

    axe0 said:
    Unfortunately, to me this looks like a problem with either the motherboard or the CPU.

    The crashes are all over the place, I usually see this when the root cause is the motherboard or the CPU. I am not expecting that any hardware tests will help in finding the exact cause.

    Because this is a laptop, the only advice I can give you is either use warranty to get it fixed starting with a CPU replacement is that would be the easiest option practically speaking, or replace the laptop.

    One option to try might be removing one of the memory sticks and see if the crashes continue. Issues with the memory (technical incompatibility or simply defects for example), can too cause this kind of problems but it's less common than the CPU or motherboard.
    Thanks, axe0! Since this is an Ultrabook form factor, I can't remove or replace memory sticks, unfortunately. I may try reinstalling Windows from scratch as a last-ditch effort before sending it in for repair.
      My Computer

  8. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,858
    Windows 10 Pro
       #8

    I would be careful with reinstalling. In general, if there is a problem with hardware required for booting and someone tempts to reinstall Windows, they risk losing everything. During the installation process a BSOD crash may occur leaving you with a half-installed, non-working operating system that you cannot boot from, this usually goes as far as no further attempts work without the installation process crashing.

    If you're willing to take those risks, feel free to continue.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
    Thread Starter
       #9

    axe0 said:
    I would be careful with reinstalling. In general, if there is a problem with hardware required for booting and someone tempts to reinstall Windows, they risk losing everything. During the installation process a BSOD crash may occur leaving you with a half-installed, non-working operating system that you cannot boot from, this usually goes as far as no further attempts work without the installation process crashing.
    Thanks for the warning. I will definitely back up all my data first before attempting a reinstall. If the system becomes stuck or bricked due to a partial reinstall, the result will be the same. Either it goes back for repair, or I just take it back to Costco, return it, and get something else. Shame, because this thing is extremely light and has a big, bright display. Hard to find both of those things in a laptop.
      My Computer

  10. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,858
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10

    I feel you. I bought a new laptop a few months ago for work, my then current laptop didn't meet the requirements for work anymore. While I'm happy with the new laptop, it's at least twice as thick and weighs 2 to 3 times more. I don't have any problems with that, but my search for a decent laptop showed what you say, hard to find a light decent laptop that has a good display.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums