Still receiving BSOD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 61
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 All up updated
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Macboatmaster said:
    The PSU is not preventing dump files
    As I said earlier on post 4
    when I mentioned - whether or not the cause of the problem - I referred not to the dump files but to the general aspects of the apparent system errors referred to in the logs.

    change the dump settings to default - automatic memory dump
    Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD
    OK I went back again and set from kernel memory dump and set to automatic memory dump. I followed this guide before when trying to figure out why it was not creating a dump. After I set settings, I got a box, first time I seen that.
    Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_4.png

    After clicking cancel I went to performance and checked my paging file, it shows 16k+ as currently allowed, why would the memory dump say I don't have a paging file? I think it has something to do with the volmgr problem before where paging file was on F:\?
    Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_3.png

    Ran scan 3 times.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.329

    Image Version: 10.0.19041.450

    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.329

    Image Version: 10.0.19041.450

    [==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.329

    Image Version: 10.0.19041.450

    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

    - - - Updated - - -

    OK update: I went to performance settings and hit the set button and I got a box saying I need to restart windows, after I apply and ok out got restart required restarted, went back to system recovery and was able to set auto memory dump without error, also my paging file is now only 2.9k

    Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_5.png

    Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_6.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_2.png  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 490
    Windows 10
       #12

    Virtual Memory.
    Default has Auto manage checked.
    Should I change my Microsoft Windows page file size?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 61
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 All up updated
    Thread Starter
       #13

    jmatt said:
    Virtual Memory.
    Default has Auto manage checked.
    Should I change my Microsoft Windows page file size?
    Hello!
    I had it set that way and it put my paging file on f:\ which is my WD blue HDD not my SSD, which is much slower, causing my volmgr errors of event id's of 45 and 46 unchecking that box, removing from f:\ and setting to system managed without the allow system to manage paging file across all drives unchecked, fixed it.
      My Computer

  4. Macboatmaster's Avatar
    Posts : 994
    10, 8.1 and 7 all Professional versions, and Linux Mint
       #14

    OK update: I went to performance settings and hit the set button and I got a box saying I need to restart windows, after I apply and ok out got restart required restarted, went back to system recovery and was able to set auto memory dump without error, also my paging file is now only 2.9k
    I am just slightly confused - yes you do have to click the set button
    but after you posted this quote above you posted another image of the error window showing the virtual memory - paging file was insufficient.
    Is it now definitely sorted please in respect of the dump
    To check go here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ads/notmyfault

    download Not My Fault
    extract
    click on 64
    NOT the c64

    when the gui opens it should be on kernel - checked
    click crash
    it will so close all open apps first
    reboot
    check you have a dump


    When you play this Ark Survival is it via your VPN on Windscribe
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 All up updated
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Macboatmaster said:
    I am just slightly confused - yes you do have to click the set button
    but after you posted this quote above you posted another image of the error window showing the virtual memory - paging file was insufficient.
    Is it now definitely sorted please in respect of the dump
    To check go here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ads/notmyfault

    download Not My Fault
    extract
    click on 64
    NOT the c64

    when the gui opens it should be on kernel - checked
    click crash
    it will so close all open apps first
    reboot
    check you have a dump


    When you play this Ark Survival is it via your VPN on Windscribe
    Yes it is sorted out now due to the paging file, first post showed the error saying I did not have a paging file or was set below 800mb the 2nd pic was my paging file showing I clearly had 16k+ for paging file set, after I hit the set button again I got the notice to restart windows, when I rebooted I was able to set the auto memory dump without a warning.

    I downloaded notmyfault and will test after I post this.

    I do not use windscribe for playing Ark survival, I sometimes use for over riding restrictions for viewing content in other countries and when I play World of Warcraft as I am in Philippines and my server is on west coast realm, so I use to lower my latency.

    I will update this thread after I run notmyfault.
    I ran notmyfault created BSOD windows collected info and rebooted, I open the crash dump with blueviewer64 and it showed the memory dump. I will play ark survival and see if I get a crash. Thanks again!

    10 mins of playing I got another BSOD and I have the dump file, here is file of log collector.
    Dropbox - LOVS-(2021-05-12_00-31-59).zip - Simplify your life
    Last edited by lovs2build; 11 May 2021 at 11:58.
      My Computer

  6. Macboatmaster's Avatar
    Posts : 994
    10, 8.1 and 7 all Professional versions, and Linux Mint
       #16

    1. The dump is from the my fault so it does not help
    It is not a dump from a BSOD on Ark Survival

    2. I have no knowledge of Ark Survival and if it is ONLY that game one must presume it is something related to settings for the game
    I have read numerous articles relating to crashes on Ark, but I sure your knowledge is greater than mine on addressing Ark issues themselves as against windows issues relating to crashes generally

    3. What is more within my area is the errors on the latest logs
    For example
    Event[1209]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:06:37.8170000Z
    Event ID: 7023
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The Windows Update Medic Service service terminated with the following error:
    Access is denied.


    4. This is usually encountered when that service has been disabled.
    It is as you will known from the title a Windows service to fix or attempt to fix problems with updates and if windows is trying to start that service then it will be because it has detected a problem with some updates.
    I presume you have not been offered 20H2 - 19042 as I think you have 20H1 19041


    5. There was a crash at 0522 on the 12 but with the time difference I presume that is the crash on Ark
    Event[1170]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:05:22.0340000Z
    Event ID: 41
    Task: N/A
    Level: Critical
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    6. More to the point at 0521
    Event[1164]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: volmgr
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:05:21.8230000Z
    Event ID: 161
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
    which is why there was no dump for ARK

    7. The recorded dump
    Event[1132]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
    Date: 2021-05-11T23:30:21.8980000Z
    Event ID: 1001
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xffffcd811da0c760, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8051fd41981). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6d2c58a4-6047-4b93-bb44-e883ba109433.

    2330 11 May from My Fault


    8. What I would recommend is - FOR TRIAL only if it makes no difference is
    UNINSTALL Kapersky
    Use the included Windows Defender
    Event[1335]:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: SecurityCenter
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:07:28.9190000Z
    Event ID: 15
    Task: N/A
    Level: Information
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    Updated Kaspersky Total Security status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

    Kaspersky Total Security has as you probably know an included cleanup.
    I do not know if it is automatic be default but I do not like anything that cleans my system unless invoke it and I only use the windows provided systems.
    IMHO on 10 that is the ONLY way to go.

    You can always put Kaspersky back on if you DO NOT notice the difference in general performance and indeed probably speed of operation.

    9. Finally I suggest you make a google search for Ark issues - as I did unless of course you have already tried the suggested fixes

    10. I think even if you have not run the wise cleaner etc and the Kaspersky cleanup regularly a REPAIR install of Windows would not go amiss
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

    You should keep more or less everything.
    Repair using downloaded ISO from Microsoft- mounted and setup from within Windows
    which will give you latest version
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 All up updated
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Macboatmaster said:
    1. The dump is from the my fault so it does not help
    It is not a dump from a BSOD on Ark Survival

    2. I have no knowledge of Ark Survival and if it is ONLY that game one must presume it is something related to settings for the game
    I have read numerous articles relating to crashes on Ark, but I sure your knowledge is greater than mine on addressing Ark issues themselves as against windows issues relating to crashes generally

    3. What is more within my area is the errors on the latest logs
    For example
    Event[1209]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:06:37.8170000Z
    Event ID: 7023
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The Windows Update Medic Service service terminated with the following error:
    Access is denied.


    4. This is usually encountered when that service has been disabled.
    It is as you will known from the title a Windows service to fix or attempt to fix problems with updates and if windows is trying to start that service then it will be because it has detected a problem with some updates.
    I presume you have not been offered 20H2 - 19042 as I think you have 20H1 19041


    5. There was a crash at 0522 on the 12 but with the time difference I presume that is the crash on Ark
    Event[1170]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:05:22.0340000Z
    Event ID: 41
    Task: N/A
    Level: Critical
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    6. More to the point at 0521
    Event[1164]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: volmgr
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:05:21.8230000Z
    Event ID: 161
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
    which is why there was no dump for ARK

    7. The recorded dump
    Event[1132]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
    Date: 2021-05-11T23:30:21.8980000Z
    Event ID: 1001
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xffffcd811da0c760, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8051fd41981). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6d2c58a4-6047-4b93-bb44-e883ba109433.

    2330 11 May from My Fault


    8. What I would recommend is - FOR TRIAL only if it makes no difference is
    UNINSTALL Kapersky
    Use the included Windows Defender
    Event[1335]:
    Log Name: Application
    Source: SecurityCenter
    Date: 2021-05-12T00:07:28.9190000Z
    Event ID: 15
    Task: N/A
    Level: Information
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    Updated Kaspersky Total Security status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

    Kaspersky Total Security has as you probably know an included cleanup.
    I do not know if it is automatic be default but I do not like anything that cleans my system unless invoke it and I only use the windows provided systems.
    IMHO on 10 that is the ONLY way to go.

    You can always put Kaspersky back on if you DO NOT notice the difference in general performance and indeed probably speed of operation.

    9. Finally I suggest you make a google search for Ark issues - as I did unless of course you have already tried the suggested fixes

    10. I think even if you have not run the wise cleaner etc and the Kaspersky cleanup regularly a REPAIR install of Windows would not go amiss
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

    You should keep more or less everything.
    Repair using downloaded ISO from Microsoft- mounted and setup from within Windows
    which will give you latest version
    Windows Update Medic Service service is not disabled, set to manual.
    Still receiving BSOD-screenshot_7.png

    7. The recorded dump
    Event[1132]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
    Date: 2021-05-11T23:30:21.8980000Z
    Event ID: 1001
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: N/A
    Keyword: Classic
    User: N/A
    User Name: N/A
    Computer: LOVS
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xffffcd811da0c760, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8051fd41981). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6d2c58a4-6047-4b93-bb44-e883ba109433.

    2330 11 May from My Fault

    This is indeed the dump from ark, when I open with blueviewer it does not really show any details.

    I have tried the REPAIR install of Windows using the newest media tool from MS so I don't know why it didn't download and install the 20H2 - 19042, just one day before I made this post. I have not ran wise care also I have Kaspersky cleanup regularly ignored along with other settings, like password manager kids safe VPN, etc I will try try the in-place repair again.

    As far as Ark crashes I have indeed researched it in great detail and have found the 400.xx drivers do cause BSOD on win10 and steam and nivida recommend to downgrade nivida drivers to 397.xx I have not tried that as I played this game back in Dec. 2020 with 400.xx drivers, I just started playing again less than month ago and could play for hours without a crash or BSOD. What is pain is I can play other games, do stuff with PC, video editing, work etc without ever getting a BSOD or freezing, just ark so I may need to downgrade drivers see if that helps. I am also still waiting on my new PSU install it and see if it is causing low power faults as many others have said could be causing these BSOD and freezing while playing.

    With all that said all these errors I have seen and the medic service you saw as well causes me concerns and can't be ruled out that they could be causing BSOD while playing, after I have fixed all those, got win10 to create memory dumps, then I could investigate the nivida drivers, but I can't get past win10 errors.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 490
    Windows 10
       #18

    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not your Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.
    Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    If we have to run Farbar more than once, refer this SS.
    https://i.imgur.com/yUxNw0j.gif
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
    Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Press Scan button.
    It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.
    The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt) on the Desktop.
    The logs are large, upload them using this. No time delays/Captcha-I'm not a Robot/account/registration needed. Give us the links please.
    Free file sharing without registration and size limits
    https://i.imgur.com/7UiiqWr.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/6N1gfOj.gif
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 61
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004 All up updated
    Thread Starter
       #19

    jmatt said:
    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not your Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.
    Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
    If we have to run Farbar more than once, refer this SS.
    https://i.imgur.com/yUxNw0j.gif
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
    Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Press Scan button.
    It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.
    The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt) on the Desktop.
    The logs are large, upload them using this. No time delays/Captcha-I'm not a Robot/account/registration needed. Give us the links please.
    Free file sharing without registration and size limits
    https://i.imgur.com/7UiiqWr.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/6N1gfOj.gif
    Here you go.

    Dropbox - FRST.txt - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - Addition.txt - Simplify your life

    Looking at FRST.txt curious what all these file not signed are? Many are win10 system files?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 490
    Windows 10
       #20

    Temporarily disable KASPERSKY ( Windows Defender which is what I use, will kick in ) Test to see if you still have problems.
    How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs - Security Mini-Guides

    File not signed
    what does File not signed mean windows 10 - Google Search
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums