BSODing constantly - Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #11

    Sorry, I don't know what was causing reboot cycle.

    Do you overclock or adjust properties of your GPU with MSI afterburner?
    Do you overclock any other components?

    If the answer if yes, please return to normal to make troubleshooting easier.

    This is newer NVIDIA driver for your GPU:
    NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
    Install it and try to reproduce problem. (without driver verifier)

    - - - Updated - - -

    I see you already tried another driver, this one is DCH, please perform "clean installation" after selecting "custom installation", instead of "express installation"
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 39,955
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #12

    Run:
    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.


    Please upload a new V2.


    Run Memtest86 version 9.0 (or newer version if available) for four passes.
    Repeat the test so that eight passes are performed.

    MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 and ARM Memory Testing Tool

    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    In case there are any problems uploading images use share links (one drive, drop box, or google drive)

    Memtest86 has a feature to produce a text report.
    Please post this in addition to the images.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,933
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #13

    kered1010 said:
    Yeah, I just noticed that. All of the files in the minidump folder were old. Any idea why my PC wouldn't boot after I turned on the verifier?
    Please check to see if there is a new C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and if there is, zip it and upload to a file sharing site like Onedrive or Google and post a link to it here.
    Last edited by Ztruker; 20 Mar 2021 at 17:26.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 13,933
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #14

    zebal said:
    Sorry, I don't know what was causing reboot cycle.

    Do you overclock or adjust properties of your GPU with MSI afterburner?
    Do you overclock any other components?

    If the answer if yes, please return to normal to make troubleshooting easier.

    This is newer NVIDIA driver for your GPU:
    NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
    Install it and try to reproduce problem. (without driver verifier)

    - - - Updated - - -

    I see you already tried another driver, this one is DCH, please perform "clean installation" after selecting "custom installation", instead of "express installation"
    Verifier can cause a reboot loop which is one of the reasons the user needs to understand how to get out of Verifier.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #15

    @Ztruker

    Thank you, I thought that's self explanatory, what I really meant is that I don't know which driver would be causing reboot because of verifier.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 47
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #16

    zbook said:
    Run:
    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.


    Please upload a new V2.


    Run Memtest86 version 9.0 (or newer version if available) for four passes.
    Repeat the test so that eight passes are performed.

    MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 and ARM Memory Testing Tool

    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    In case there are any problems uploading images use share links (one drive, drop box, or google drive)

    Memtest86 has a feature to produce a text report.
    Please post this in addition to the images.
    Quite a homework assignment. It may take me a couple of days to update the thread as I would have to run that memtest either overnight or while I am at work since it takes a while. I appreciate the quick responses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ztruker said:
    Please check to see if there is a new C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and if there is, zip it and upload to a file sharing site like Onedrive or Google and post a link to it here.
    I'm not seeing that file. I thought you had to have it configured in the Startup and Recovery to either automatic or complete memory dump to produce that file. My PC is currently configured to use the minidump. Should I change it to full?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 15,985
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #17

    Hello @kered1010,

    kered1010 said:
    I'm not seeing that file. I thought you had to have it configured in the Startup and Recovery to either automatic or complete memory dump to produce that file. My PC is currently configured to use the minidump.

    As a double check, enter the following command [ Copy & Paste ] in a CMD Prompt and press Enter . . .

    Code:
    
    @echo off & if exist "C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP" (echo  The file exists.) else (echo  The file does NOT exist.)&pause&exit
    I hope this helps.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 47
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #18

    zbook said:
    Run:
    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.


    Please upload a new V2.


    Run Memtest86 version 9.0 (or newer version if available) for four passes.
    Repeat the test so that eight passes are performed.

    MemTest86 - Official Site of the x86 and ARM Memory Testing Tool

    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    In case there are any problems uploading images use share links (one drive, drop box, or google drive)

    Memtest86 has a feature to produce a text report.
    Please post this in addition to the images.
    I couldn't get the results of the tune up to post correctly using the hashtag code. It would just post it in a long continuous single line. I think the screenshots will be much easier for you to read.

    BSODing constantly - Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER-tuneup-results-part-1.pngBSODing constantly - Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER-tuneup-results-part-2.pngBSODing constantly - Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER-tuneup-results-part-3.png


    Attached is a new V2 but I don't see any new dmp files so it is probably the same as the original.
    BSODing constantly - Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Attached Files
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 39,955
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #19

    The last recorded crash was on 03/19/2021.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 47
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #20

    zbook said:
    The last recorded crash was on 03/19/2021.
    That sounds about right on the last crash I had with a BSOD message. I had a crash over the weekend while playing a game but it did not produce a BSOD message at all. I also notice there was no new minidump file created. I will post the mem86 test ASAP.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums