PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #31

    You may need to revert back to older graphics drivers rather than the newer ones which don't seem to be helping. Maybe you can find which drivers are recommended on the motherboard website and see if those will work.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #32

    @aussiekendoll

    Your previous report from first post shows you're having trouble on Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F system

    Your second report is for different system, most of the data collected is the same but there are as well multiple differences not related to motherboard.

    Here are 2 steps for you to try out:
    1. Please revisit my post 11and first uninstall driver booster (and any similar programs)
    2. Restore power plans to factory defaults

    Following tutorial (option 2) explains how to restore power plans to default:
    Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

    After this restart computer and try to reproduce problem again.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #33

    I agree there is confusion in the logfiles. The logfiles I was working from indicated the following Motherboard was in use:

    Product : Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
    Model :
    Version : iMac19,1
    Manufacturer : Acidanthera
    Description : Base Board
    Name : Base Board
    SKU :

    UEFI/BIOS Details

    SMBIOS
    BIOSVersion : 1037.140.50.0.0
    Manufacturer : Acidanthera
    Name : 1037.140.50.0.0
    Version : ALASKA - 1072009
    BIOSVersion : {ALASKA - 1072009, 1037.140.50.0.0, American Megatrends - 5000D}
    ReleaseDate : 6/15/2020 5:30:00 AM
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #34

    When available post results from:

    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #35

    Now its getting weird it shows No signal after waking from sleep! sometimes it sleeps ,if it sleeps if won't wake, if i try to hibernate it doesn't hibernate most of the time, this pc is dual OS , both hard disks has windows 10, other windows 10 OS works without any issues it sleeps and hibernate without any issues. but my main OS (One i sent BSOD files from) has this problem .

    Problem is in the registry Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM , when i replace the system file on C:\Windows\System32\config with the system file of the resetted OS of this OS, sleep and hibernate works without any problem. So i conclude the problem is in somewhere under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM.
    Last edited by aussiekendoll; 20 Mar 2021 at 07:23.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #36

    i format the SSD(NVMe) and reinstalled windows 10 Pro, I am still getting the same problem. Just wondering what is the issue, but i have another SSD(SATA) with windows 10 pro installed on the same PC, so this is a dual boot PC, it doesn;t have nay of those sleep or hibernate issues!

    Both OS has the same version of GPU drivers too
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #37

    can you please check this BSOD file, i couldn't fix this problem DESKTOP-END5KE3-(2021-04-20_21-30-41).zip

    - - - Updated - - -

    i posted the new BSOD file, which tuneup.bat i should run 1 or 2?
    zbook said:
    When available post results from:

    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.
    - - - Updated - - -

    yea sorry about that, i uploaded the new BSOD file here, can you please check it
    philc43 said:
    I agree there is confusion in the logfiles. The logfiles I was working from indicated the following Motherboard was in use:

    Product : Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
    Model :
    Version : iMac19,1
    Manufacturer : Acidanthera
    Description : Base Board
    Name : Base Board
    SKU :

    UEFI/BIOS Details

    SMBIOS
    BIOSVersion : 1037.140.50.0.0
    Manufacturer : Acidanthera
    Name : 1037.140.50.0.0
    Version : ALASKA - 1072009
    BIOSVersion : {ALASKA - 1072009, 1037.140.50.0.0, American Megatrends - 5000D}
    ReleaseDate : 6/15/2020 5:30:00 AM
    - - - Updated - - -

    yea sorry , i posted the new BSOD file, can you please check it!
    zebal said:
    @aussiekendoll

    Your previous report from first post shows you're having trouble on Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F system

    Your second report is for different system, most of the data collected is the same but there are as well multiple differences not related to motherboard.

    Here are 2 steps for you to try out:
    1. Please revisit my post 11and first uninstall driver booster (and any similar programs)
    2. Restore power plans to factory defaults

    Following tutorial (option 2) explains how to restore power plans to default:
    Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

    After this restart computer and try to reproduce problem again.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums