PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #21

    this is the new file Dropbox - LAPTOP-END5KE3-(2021-03-19_16-07-14).zip - Simplify your life
    zbook said:
    Please update the progress with post #16.

    For any BSOD run the V2 log collector to collect new log files
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #22

    Please update the progress with post #16.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #23

    i uninstalled all AMD and intel drivers from my pc and now rinning from MS basic display adapter, Hibernate works now! ill update to AMD latest drivers and report
    zebal said:
    All these 3 drivers (2-4) are "virtual" therefore likely installed by some program that depends on them, and likely would not cause any trouble using computer.

    Preferred method to remove them is to remove program that installed them, if you can't find it, in device manager make sure to check Delete the driver software for this device checkbox option, this will make sure the driver is not re-installed after system reboot. (or hardware scan in device manager)

    If something stops working restart computer and Windows should install another driver. (which you do not need to touch again)
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #24

    For any BSOD:

    a) run the V2 log collector to collect new log files

    b) open file explorer> this PC > C: > in the right upper corner search for: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    > if the file size is < 1.5 GB then > save to the downloads folder > zip > post a separate share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #25

    zbook said:
    For any BSOD:

    a) run the V2 log collector to collect new log files

    b) open file explorer> this PC > C: > in the right upper corner search for: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    > if the file size is < 1.5 GB then > save to the downloads folder > zip > post a separate share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive
    I have two problems with your request:

    1. There is no need to download a memory.dmp file unless the type of bugcheck requires the full kernel dump for analysis. You will not know this until you have seen the mini-dump file - therefore it is too soon to request it at this stage. Also many OP's are nervous about sharing the memory.dmp files because they can contain sensitive information - we should not request them unless absolutely necessary.

    2. I have no idea why you put a limit of 1.5GB on the file size - I am quite happy looking at 2GB files or larger if necessary. The storage is not a problem since the files are hosted by the OP.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #26

    I uninstalled AMD gpu drivers using DDU and reinstalled drivers from AMD website as you told, but the problem still remains. this is the new file Dropbox - LAPTOP-END5KE3-(2021-03-19_21-40-31).zip - Simplify your life
    zbook said:
    For any BSOD:

    a) run the V2 log collector to collect new log files

    b) open file explorer> this PC > C: > in the right upper corner search for: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    > if the file size is < 1.5 GB then > save to the downloads folder > zip > post a separate share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #27

    The GPU drivers were again seen in the dump files.


    Run:
    Tuneup.bat - Click here to go to the BSOD batch repository to download and run this batch file.



    Turn off Windows updates of non-Microsoft drivers:
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

    Using DDU uninstall both
    amdkmdag.sys
    igdkmd64.sys

    Try alternative driver versions.

    See if you can find another GPU card for swap testing: Nvidia or AMD


    Code:
    Driver    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\U0363193.INF_AMD64_E89A8015B2EE3CD6\B363259\AMDKMDAG.SYS (27.20.14527.2002, 75.42 MB (79,087,920 bytes), 3/19/2021 5:26 PM)
    Code:
    igdkmd64.sys Thu Jan  9 09:20:44 2020 (5E1744CC)
    Code:
    amdkmdag.sys Fri Nov 13 14:08:24 2020 (5FAEE7B8)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #28

    philc43 said:
    I have two problems with your request:

    1. There is no need to download a memory.dmp file unless the type of bugcheck requires the full kernel dump for analysis. You will not know this until you have seen the mini-dump file - therefore it is too soon to request it at this stage. Also many OP's are nervous about sharing the memory.dmp files because they can contain sensitive information - we should not request them unless absolutely necessary.

    2. I have no idea why you put a limit of 1.5GB on the file size - I am quite happy looking at 2GB files or larger if necessary. The storage is not a problem since the files are hosted by the OP.


    For your preferences you can use PM.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #29

    aussiekendoll said:
    i uninstalled all AMD and intel drivers from my pc and now rinning from MS basic display adapter, Hibernate works now! ill update to AMD latest drivers and report
    The problem is caused by the AMD and Intel graphics drivers not handling the system power down.

    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_amdkmdag_IMAGE_pci.sys



    Code:
    3: kd> .load MEX; !mirp ffffdb8d04b76b30
    Mex External 3.0.0.7172 Loaded!
    
    
    Irp Details: ffffdb8d04b76b30 [ verbose | !ddt | !irp ]
    
    
        Frame Count
        ===========
                  6
    
    
    Irp Stack Frame(s)
    
    
          # Driver           Major Minor Dispatch Routine         Flg Ctrl Status  Completion Invoker(s)  Device           File   Context            Completion Routine      Args                                               
        === ================ ===== ===== ======================== === ==== ======= ====================== ================ ====== ================== ======================= ===================================================================
        ->5 \Driver\amdkmdag POWER     2 dxgkrnl!DpiDispatchPower   0   e1 Pending Cancel, Success, Error ffffdb8d06fb3030 (null) ffffdb8d009171f0() nt!PopRequestCompletion 0000000000015400 0000000000000001 0000000000000004 0000000000000003
    
    
    IO Status: 0xc00000bb (The request is not supported.)

    Is this something to do with running it in Windows mode on a Apple system?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #30

    No not on a apple system, i booted windows from a EFI on a USB drive.
    How to fix AMD gpu not handling power down issue?
    philc43 said:
    The problem is caused by the AMD and Intel graphics drivers not handling the system power down.

    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_amdkmdag_IMAGE_pci.sys



    Code:
    3: kd> .load MEX; !mirp ffffdb8d04b76b30
    Mex External 3.0.0.7172 Loaded!
    
    
    Irp Details: ffffdb8d04b76b30 [ verbose | !ddt | !irp ]
    
    
        Frame Count
        ===========
                  6
    
    
    Irp Stack Frame(s)
    
    
          # Driver           Major Minor Dispatch Routine         Flg Ctrl Status  Completion Invoker(s)  Device           File   Context            Completion Routine      Args                                               
        === ================ ===== ===== ======================== === ==== ======= ====================== ================ ====== ================== ======================= ===================================================================
        ->5 \Driver\amdkmdag POWER     2 dxgkrnl!DpiDispatchPower   0   e1 Pending Cancel, Success, Error ffffdb8d06fb3030 (null) ffffdb8d009171f0() nt!PopRequestCompletion 0000000000015400 0000000000000001 0000000000000004 0000000000000003
    
    
    IO Status: 0xc00000bb (The request is not supported.)

    Is this something to do with running it in Windows mode on a Apple system?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:39.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums