PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #11

    You have several drivers installed that are not digitally signed, some of which are really old:

    1. AMD Crash Defender
    2. EldoS PnP virtual bus 5/30/2012
    3. Scp Virtual Bus Driver 5/5/2013
    4. TAP-Windows Adapter V9 4/21/2016



    Maybe you don't recall installing them but, here is one advice for you that may help:

    Following is a list of software one should avoid to prevent unexpected system behavior,
    these programs are known to cause trouble and are usually designed to feed you with
    false information with the goal to draw money from you, to expose your privacy and similar.

    1. Registry, disk or system cleaners
    2. Driver download or updater tools
    3. System tweak tools or system optimizers
    4. Various malware/adware removal tools or scanners
    5. Program/driver uninstallers
    6. Browser extensions of questionable reputation
    7. Various "fix" tools that claim to fix some problem

    If you installed anything that matches the list above, please uninstall them
    and reboot system.

    If there is a problem removing one of these then this is a good signal that
    the program in question did indeed bad things, do not attempt to download additional
    tools that claim to remove them.

    Regarding drivers, you should only install drivers from OEM site.
    To verify driver signatures you can use sigverif.exe tool that is part of OS.

    To get rid of unwanted drivers see link below:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...river-packages

    Malware may install drivers as well, usually by installing unsigned software, you can verify your programs by opening control panel -> program and features.
    Here any program that doesn't have publisher specified should be removed.

    Once you're done with bad programs and drivers, I recommend you to scan your PC with defender offline, kaspersky and malwarebytes separately.

    If you're unable to find proper drivers you can also use "optional updates" feature in Windows updates.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,199
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v21H2
       #12

    I had a different problem than you have. My computer would not stay asleep because of Acronis True Image 2021.

    Acronis just released an update to True Image 2021 (Build 39184) on March 11, 2021.

    After I updated ATI 2021 my sleep problem went away.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #13

    i have the newest version but i had this problem even before i install acronis
    MisterEd said:
    I had a different problem than you have. My computer would not stay asleep because of Acronis True Image 2021.

    Acronis just released an update to True Image 2021 (Build 39184) on March 11, 2021.

    After I updated ATI 2021 my sleep problem went away.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #14

    Can you reproduce your problem in safe boot?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #15

    1) Uninstall everything AMD using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the AMD website.

    2) On the AMD web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver.

    Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.7 (or newer version if available)

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    http://support.amd.com/en-us

    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rs-install

    https://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...indows+10+-+64

    AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums


    Code:
    amdkmdag.sys Fri Nov 13 14:08:24 2020 (5FAEE7B8)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #16

    1) Uninstall everything AMD using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the AMD website.

    2) On the AMD web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver.

    Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.7 (or newer version if available)

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    http://support.amd.com/en-us

    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rs-install

    https://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...indows+10+-+64

    AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums


    Code:
    amdkmdag.sys Fri Nov 13 14:08:24 2020 (5FAEE7B8)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #17

    how do I corectly uninstall this driver EldoS PnP virtual bus? is going to device manager > system devices> uninstalling EldoS PnP virtual bus is enough?
    zebal said:
    You have several drivers installed that are not digitally signed, some of which are really old:

    1. AMD Crash Defender
    2. EldoS PnP virtual bus 5/30/2012
    3. Scp Virtual Bus Driver 5/5/2013
    4. TAP-Windows Adapter V9 4/21/2016



    Maybe you don't recall installing them but, here is one advice for you that may help:

    Following is a list of software one should avoid to prevent unexpected system behavior,
    these programs are known to cause trouble and are usually designed to feed you with
    false information with the goal to draw money from you, to expose your privacy and similar.

    1. Registry, disk or system cleaners
    2. Driver download or updater tools
    3. System tweak tools or system optimizers
    4. Various malware/adware removal tools or scanners
    5. Program/driver uninstallers
    6. Browser extensions of questionable reputation
    7. Various "fix" tools that claim to fix some problem

    If you installed anything that matches the list above, please uninstall them
    and reboot system.

    If there is a problem removing one of these then this is a good signal that
    the program in question did indeed bad things, do not attempt to download additional
    tools that claim to remove them.

    Regarding drivers, you should only install drivers from OEM site.
    To verify driver signatures you can use sigverif.exe tool that is part of OS.

    To get rid of unwanted drivers see link below:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...river-packages

    Malware may install drivers as well, usually by installing unsigned software, you can verify your programs by opening control panel -> program and features.
    Here any program that doesn't have publisher specified should be removed.

    Once you're done with bad programs and drivers, I recommend you to scan your PC with defender offline, kaspersky and malwarebytes separately.

    If you're unable to find proper drivers you can also use "optional updates" feature in Windows updates.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1,244
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 (Build: 19044.1415)
       #18

    All these 3 drivers (2-4) are "virtual" therefore likely installed by some program that depends on them, and likely would not cause any trouble using computer.

    Preferred method to remove them is to remove program that installed them, if you can't find it, in device manager make sure to check Delete the driver software for this device checkbox option, this will make sure the driver is not re-installed after system reboot. (or hardware scan in device manager)

    If something stops working restart computer and Windows should install another driver. (which you do not need to touch again)
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 26
    windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #19

    I uninstalled all the 4 drivers you told and there is no difference. Still have the same problem!
    zebal said:
    All these 3 drivers (2-4) are "virtual" therefore likely installed by some program that depends on them, and likely would not cause any trouble using computer.

    Preferred method to remove them is to remove program that installed them, if you can't find it, in device manager make sure to check Delete the driver software for this device checkbox option, this will make sure the driver is not re-installed after system reboot. (or hardware scan in device manager)

    If something stops working restart computer and Windows should install another driver. (which you do not need to touch again)
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 39,995
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #20

    Please update the progress with post #16.

    For any BSOD run the V2 log collector to collect new log files
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums