KMODE_Not_Handled / IRql_not_less_or_equal while encoding videos


  1. Posts : 97
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows 10 Home x64
       #1

    KMODE_Not_Handled / IRql_not_less_or_equal while encoding videos


    I am using VapourSynth to encode my personal DVD's onto my PC for digital backups. And I've ran it twice but on the third time I came back and my PC has locked up hard no BSOD. Rebooted tried again, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

    Tried again, KMODE_NOT_HANDLED.

    Unsure of what to make of this.

    Win10
    i7 10700K
    EVGA GTX 980 TI
    32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    H100i Cooler

    Temps spike to normal 68-70C when under full load during encode, nothing insane but then bam BSOD.
    KMODE_Not_Handled / IRql_not_less_or_equal while encoding videos Attached Files
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #2

    Hello ReconBunny

    The crash dumps are not revealing any problems with drivers but I am wondering if the crashes might be related to memory address issues. You are running with memory overclocked for the CPU processor you are using. The Intel i7-10700K requires memory at 2933MHz. Yours is set to operate at 3200MHz. Please remove the XMP settings in the BIOS or adjust to a maximum clock speed of 2933MHz and see if this makes a difference.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 97
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    philc43 said:
    Hello ReconBunny

    The crash dumps are not revealing any problems with drivers but I am wondering if the crashes might be related to memory address issues. You are running with memory overclocked for the CPU processor you are using. The Intel i7-10700K requires memory at 2933MHz. Yours is set to operate at 3200MHz. Please remove the XMP settings in the BIOS or adjust to a maximum clock speed of 2933MHz and see if this makes a difference.
    That fixed it, I legit forgot I went in there and messed with stuff. Thanks
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #4

    That's great news 😊
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 625
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 x64
       #5

    RECONBunny said:
    I am using VapourSynth to encode my personal DVD's onto my PC for digital backups. And I've ran it twice but on the third time I came back and my PC has locked up hard no BSOD. Rebooted tried again, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

    Tried again, KMODE_NOT_HANDLED.

    Unsure of what to make of this.

    Win10
    i7 10700K
    EVGA GTX 980 TI
    32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    H100i Cooler

    Temps spike to normal 68-70C when under full load during encode, nothing insane but then bam BSOD.
    Was this second-pass encoding that failed? If true, unstable CPU core(s). Second-pass, unlike first-pass, is a major core workout! First-pass is a RAM and RAM-controller workout. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD and random freezes are unstable CPU core(s) in my experience. Usually only occurs with manual core overclocking. Not enough Vcore when overclocking core(s) can cause most of the symptoms you have.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 97
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    RJARRRPCGP said:
    Was this second-pass encoding that failed? If true, unstable CPU core(s). Second-pass, unlike first-pass, is a major core workout! First-pass is a RAM and RAM-controller workout. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD and random freezes are unstable CPU core(s) in my experience. Usually only occurs with manual core overclocking. Not enough Vcore when overclocking core(s) can cause most of the symptoms you have.
    I had both RAM and CPU tweaks, unfished at that. But all defaulted, works fine now.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums