BSOD upon starting up Computer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,798
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #1

    BSOD upon starting up Computer


    Attachment 294398

    Windows 10 Version 2004
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 38,556
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #2

    Hi Jesse,

    Please perform the following steps:

    1) Search for C:\windows\memory.dmp
    a) send to the downloads folder
    b) post a share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive


    Code:
    LastWriteTime        Size (MB) FullName             
    -------------        --------- --------             
    8/24/2020 8:38:04 PM    567.05 C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP



    2) Run tuneup.bat
    Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

    bat files will trigger the antivirus
    Running the file will require overriding the automatic blocks

    3) The BIOS: Version/Date AMI A0.17, 3/16/2018
    Upgrade the BIOS to the most up to date non beta BIOS
    A0.17 > A0.20 Rev.A
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.../model/8877180

    4) Plan to run HP UEFI hardware diagnostics overnight
    Power on > repetitively click F2 > run extensive > loop until error > the next day if it has ran 2 or more loops click esc > run any component test as needed (many are interactive) > take pictures of the tests performed with results > post images into the thread

    5) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings

    a) > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery > click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery window into the thread

    b) > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > on the performance options window > click on the advanced tab > under virtual memory > click on change > post an image of the virtual memory window into the thread

    6) Open Ccleaner > click windows tab or custom clean > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

    7) Uninstall Fing software

    8) For any BSOD:

    a) run the V2 log collector to collect new log files

    b) open file explorer> this PC > C: > in the right upper corner search for: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    > if the file size is < 1.5 GB then zip > post a separate share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive

    9) Run HP support assistant > make sure drivers and BIOS are up to date

    10) Run Intel driver and support assistant > make sure drivers are up to date
    Download Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant

    11) Make a new restore point:
    Create System Restore Point in Windows 10



    Code:
    8/25/2020 1:38 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket 0x139_0_LEGACY_GS_VIOLATION_npf!unknown_function, type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 2c7046f3-d86c-4bde-b31d-3a547e8c33ba
    
    Problem signature:
    P1: 139
    P2: 0
    P3: 0
    P4: 0
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_19041
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 768_1
    P9: 
    P10: 
    
    Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082420-5390-01.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-10750-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER685E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER686F.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER688D.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68CD.tmp.txt
    
    These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_139_e1e2c892d9c344c1265afbc77ffa69a1c78a7bb6_00000000_cab_ab8108e4-d229-4e2f-807a-ea0418f66cb6
    
    Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 29cf7228-b4f3-4ebd-8890-c5ca68dc9d61
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 
    Cab Guid: 0
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,290
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #3

    Replace (or uninstall) WinPcap with npcap - Npcap: Windows Packet Capture Library & Driver
      My Computer

  4. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,798
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    zbook said:
    Hi Jesse,

    Please perform the following steps:

    1) Search for C:\windows\memory.dmp
    a) send to the downloads folder
    b) post a share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive


    Code:
    LastWriteTime        Size (MB) FullName             
    -------------        --------- --------             
    8/24/2020 8:38:04 PM    567.05 C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP



    2) Run tuneup.bat
    Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

    bat files will trigger the antivirus
    Running the file will require overriding the automatic blocks

    3) The BIOS: Version/Date AMI A0.17, 3/16/2018
    Upgrade the BIOS to the most up to date non beta BIOS
    A0.17 > A0.20 Rev.A
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.../model/8877180

    4) Plan to run HP UEFI hardware diagnostics overnight
    Power on > repetitively click F2 > run extensive > loop until error > the next day if it has ran 2 or more loops click esc > run any component test as needed (many are interactive) > take pictures of the tests performed with results > post images into the thread

    5) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings

    a) > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery > click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery window into the thread

    b) > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > on the performance options window > click on the advanced tab > under virtual memory > click on change > post an image of the virtual memory window into the thread

    6) Open Ccleaner > click windows tab or custom clean > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

    7) Uninstall Fing software

    8) For any BSOD:

    a) run the V2 log collector to collect new log files

    b) open file explorer> this PC > C: > in the right upper corner search for: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    > if the file size is < 1.5 GB then zip > post a separate share link into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive

    9) Run HP support assistant > make sure drivers and BIOS are up to date

    10) Run Intel driver and support assistant > make sure drivers are up to date
    Download Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant

    11) Make a new restore point:
    Create System Restore Point in Windows 10



    Code:
    8/25/2020 1:38 AM	Windows Error Reporting	Fault bucket 0x139_0_LEGACY_GS_VIOLATION_npf!unknown_function, type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 2c7046f3-d86c-4bde-b31d-3a547e8c33ba
    
    Problem signature:
    P1: 139
    P2: 0
    P3: 0
    P4: 0
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_19041
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 768_1
    P9: 
    P10: 
    
    Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082420-5390-01.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-10750-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER685E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER686F.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER688D.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER68CD.tmp.txt
    
    These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_139_e1e2c892d9c344c1265afbc77ffa69a1c78a7bb6_00000000_cab_ab8108e4-d229-4e2f-807a-ea0418f66cb6
    
    Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 29cf7228-b4f3-4ebd-8890-c5ca68dc9d61
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 
    Cab Guid: 0
    @zbook, that is not working. I don't even have a downloads folder.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 38,556
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #5

    Download and install: Everything
    voidtools

    Launch the application.

    Search for each:
    C:\windows\memory.dmp
    Downloads

    Open file explorer > look in the left side column under thisPC
    3dobjects
    Desktop
    Documents
    Downloads
    Music
    Pictures
    Videos
      My Computer

  6. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,798
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    @zbook, doing that now - hopefully it will work. Only thing is, I am having issues installing the BIOS Update to my computer. I will snap a screenshot of what it is saying.

    Attachment 294549

    It won't let me do it the easy as it says the computer isn't compatible with that BIOS update.
      My Computers

  7. ignatzatsonic's Avatar
    Posts : 2,492
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #7

    Is there any particular reason you need to do a BIOS update?
      My Computer

  8. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,798
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Is there any particular reason you need to do a BIOS update?
    Not that I am aware of. I was just following the instructions that @zbook had given me.
      My Computers

  9. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,524
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.928
       #9

    The dump indicates a problem with npf.sys.
    Code:
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
    A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.  The corruption
    could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000000, A stack-based buffer has been overrun.
    Arg2: 0000000000000000, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
    Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
    
    Debugging Details:
    ------------------
    
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf.sys

    npf NetGroup Packet Filter 2/28/2013 7:31:24 PM

    That is very old software, WinPCAP, and should be uninstalled. as @MrPrepka said. Looks like it's the cause of your BSOD(s).
      My Computers

  10. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,524
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.928
       #10

    Jesse Williams said:
    Not that I am aware of. I was just following the instructions that @zbook had given me.
    You have A0.17 version of BIOS, A0.20 is available but it's just the Intel Microcode security update.
    It's predecessors though, 18 and 19, have some useful updates that it would be good for you to have and it is recommended by HP:

    Attachment 294557

    You only need 19 as it also includes 18.

    That's the one i would go with.

    Installation instructions

    1. Click the Download Only button.
    2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
    3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
    4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
    5. Double-click the icon to download the update to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.




      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums