Random BSOD, started happening today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
       #1

    Random BSOD, started happening today


    Hello, it's my first post here but I hope I have followed all the instructions on how to do this.

    This windows 10 was fresh installed about two weeks ago. The only problems I've had were some random network adapter issues (which experts seems to think can be related due to my initial google searches). The BSODs started happening today, out of nowhere and they seem random. So far I could not pinpoint one specific software that is running at every time a BSOD happens (I had 3 or 4 in the space of a few hours). The blue screen only says it's going to restart my pc (which it never does actually) and calls it a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" error with no additional info.

    Windows uptade installed two packages yesterday but it seemed stable after it. In any case, here are the links for both, maybe it matters.
    https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/...-net-framework
    https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/...date-kb4565503

    I've attached a zip with the results of V2 log collector, and the Windows Version is: Win10Pro 19041.388
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,497
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #2

    1. Run Driver Verifier Manager through type "verifier" in saerch bottom
    2. Select "Create standard settings"
    3. Select "Select driver names from a list"
    4. Tick all 3rd party drivers
    5. Accept changes and reboot computer
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    MrPepka said:
    1. Run Driver Verifier Manager through type "verifier" in saerch bottom
    2. Select "Create standard settings"
    3. Select "Select driver names from a list"
    4. Tick all 3rd party drivers
    5. Accept changes and reboot computer
    Just did all the steps. I suppose there's no way to tell if that solved the issue without using and waiting to see if another BSOD occurs, so I will come back later in case anything happens.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #4

    Driver Verifier won't solve anything. It's a diagnostic tool. Here is a little more info on it:

    Run Driver Verifier

    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

    Following the instructions in the above link will check for problems in all non-Microsoft drivers.

    What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun the V2 log collector as soon as possible and upload the resulting zip file. Also see if there is a new C:\Windows \MEMORY.DMP file. If there is, copy it to another location then zip it an upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive and post a link to it here.

    To check if verifier is active, open a Command Prompt and enter:

    verifier /query

    If not active it will respond with

    No drivers are currently verified.

    If you have questions, see this additional tutorial which may help to clear things up.

    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ztruker said:
    Driver Verifier won't solve anything. It's a diagnostic tool. Here is a little more info on it:

    Run Driver Verifier

    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

    Following the instructions in the above link will check for problems in all non-Microsoft drivers.

    What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun the V2 log collector as soon as possible and upload the resulting zip file. Also see if there is a new C:\Windows \MEMORY.DMP file. If there is, copy it to another location then zip it an upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive and post a link to it here.

    To check if verifier is active, open a Command Prompt and enter:

    verifier /query

    If not active it will respond with

    No drivers are currently verified.

    If you have questions, see this additional tutorial which may help to clear things up.

    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10
    So far I had no other BSODs, and can't provide any additional info. If it wasn't driver verifier, then it solved itself somehow.
    I ran the "verifier /query" and it is active, so in ase any other BSODs happen, hopefully it will provide more info on the problem.

    Thanks for the detailed explanation
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #6

    Just remember to run V2 log collector if you do get a BSOD.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Hey, I'm, back, had another BSOD when I tried to turn off the computer.
    This time though, the error was PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

    V2 log is attached, ran it as soon as PC started again.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,497
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #8

    It looks like the problem is the driver from Dell SupportAssist. Please try to uninstall it for a moment
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    MrPepka said:
    It looks like the problem is the driver from Dell SupportAssist. Please try to uninstall it for a moment
    Just did. Will report back in case anything new happens.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by brunopugliese; 20 Jul 2020 at 16:47.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 11
    windows 10 x64
    Thread Starter
       #10

    MrPepka said:
    It looks like the problem is the driver from Dell SupportAssist. Please try to uninstall it for a moment
    Hello, after a long time without issues, it happened again.
    I uninstalled SupportAssist last time.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums