Regular BSODs ever since building PC. Any help greatly appreciated


  1. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home
       #1

    Regular BSODs ever since building PC. Any help greatly appreciated


    Hi all,

    Iíve been having very frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my PC around Sep Ď19. Iíve never been able to get to the bottom of it and it only seems to be getting worse.

    It often happens when the PC is idle but can also happen when using it.

    I have tried many of the usual troubleshooting tasks such as:

    Updated all drivers (including chipset drivers)

    Windows is fully up to date

    BIOS is fully up to date

    Checked RAM for errors using windows and memtest86

    Scanned system with SFC etc.

    Have fully reinstalled Windows several times to no avail (including installing it onto other drives)

    Have tried running with every HDD unplugged except for the NVME boot drive.

    I have used Bluescreenview to view the error messages but they never give me much useful information. They almost always point to the same places such as ntoskrnl.exe.

    Strangely the BSOD errors arenít consistent at all. They often throw up completely different errors each time but my most recent errors have been:

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY.

    My hardware is as listed below. I will go into as much detail as possible:
    AMD Ryzen 3700x

    Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite

    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

    Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (boot drive)

    Samsung 840 Series 120 GB

    Samsung 850 EVO Series 250 GB

    1 x Western Digital 2 TB HDD

    2 x Seagate 2 TB HDD

    SeaSonic S12II 620 W

    Windows 10 Home x64 version 2004

    My only thoughts is that the PSU is getting on a bit and could be causing issues but this doesn't seem massively likely.

    I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,950
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #2

    warning   Warning
    Attention:

    Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

    If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

    Please do not post anything other than Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death problems in this section.


    When you did the rebuild, what did you change to / from?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ztruker said:
    warning   Warning
    Attention:

    Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

    If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

    Please do not post anything other than Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death problems in this section.


    When you did the rebuild, what did you change to / from?
    Hi cheers for the reply.

    I rebuilt my PC 30th August 2019.

    I'll go through the list again and say what was new and what was old.

    NEW: AMD Ryzen 3700x

    NEW: Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite

    NEW: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

    NEW: AMD Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT (I missed this from the initial list)

    NEW: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (boot drive)

    OLD: Samsung 840 Series 120 GB

    OLD: Samsung 850 EVO Series 250 GB

    NEW: 1 x Western Digital 2 TB HDD

    OLD: 2 x Seagate 2 TB HDD

    OLD: SeaSonic S12II 620 W

    I upgraded from an i5-2500k system with an R9 280x graphics card.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,950
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #4

    Okay, thanks. That helps me understand what was replaced. Now I need the V2 log collector zip file with hopefully some dumps in it.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ztruker said:
    Okay, thanks. That helps me understand what was replaced. Now I need the V2 log collector zip file with hopefully some dumps in it.
    My apologies, I forgot to upload that with the post.

    Attachment 287786
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,494
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #6

    Have you tried changing the voltage and timing of RAM in the BIOS (possibly in Windows through this program - https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-calculator/)? Have you tried connecting the RAM to other slots, starting the computer with only one RAM module and replacing the RAM with another one?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    MrPepka said:
    Have you tried changing the voltage and timing of RAM in the BIOS (possibly in Windows through this program - https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-calculator/)? Have you tried connecting the RAM to other slots, starting the computer with only one RAM module and replacing the RAM with another one?
    I haven't yet done this, no. Is the fact that Windows mem test and memtest86 came through with no faults not enough to prove it's not the memory? (not a quip, genuinely asking)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,494
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #8

    Sometimes memtests do not show memory errors although memory may be unstable
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13,950
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #9

    The best memory tester in existence is the operating system unfortunately
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Okay thanks I will try that. Is there anything in the log files to suggest a driver or hardware issue?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums