BSOD on custom machine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #11

    The Avast logs will be gone if he used the Avast Removal Tool.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #12

    I haven't used my PC in a few days, but there should be a few more dump files.

    I have uninstalled Avast and am stil having random BSODs anywhere from 20 minutes after booting up to 8 hours after booting.

    Please help as I need this PC for schoolwork.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #13

    Dumps are all from 6/11 12:19PM, 4:46PM and 5:07PM, nothing more recent.

    The 5:07PM dump shows Unable to verify timestamp for amdkmdag.sys.

    Stack text also shows:
    Code:
    BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA0000006
    
    STACK_TEXT:  
    ffffd385`7121b4c8 fffff801`7959136e : 00000000`a0000006 00000000`00000100 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffd385`7121b4d0 00000000`a0000006 : 00000000`00000100 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : amdkmdag+0x9136e
    ffffd385`7121b4d8 00000000`00000100 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xa0000006
    ffffd385`7121b4e0 00000000`00000004 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000004 : 0x100
    ffffd385`7121b4e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000004 ffffa407`d2bfafe8 : 0x4
    
    FOLLOWUP_IP: 
    amdkmdag+9136e
    fffff801`7959136e cc              int     3
    
    FAULT_INSTR_CODE:  1b241cc
    
    SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1
    
    SYMBOL_NAME:  amdkmdag+9136e
    
    FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
    
    MODULE_NAME: amdkmdag
    
    IMAGE_NAME:  amdkmdag.sys
    You have a AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.

    Remove and install latest AMD drivers:

    Get the latest driver for your AMD card here: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Drivers & Support
    Completely uninstall the current AMD display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile here: Official Download Here. Do this in Safe Mode.

    Then do a custom install of the AMD driver. You could try the 6/20 driver, see if that's any better:

    Attachment 283687



    Does your GPU come with any controlling software (Control Center)? If yes, try uninstalling it.


    The 4:46PM dump shows this: WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys. That belongs to Avast so uninstalling it was a good move. Leae it uninstalled for the rest of the debugging please.

    Also this: ffffa704`f1d34b78 fffff800`6b4ed901Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswVmm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswVmm.sys
    aswVmm+0xd901
    , also Avast.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #14

    I ran ddu and reinstalled the radeon drivers today. Still no avast installed. Still crashed. Im away for the night and left my pc on in safe mode to see if it crashes. Idk if that matters but I wanted to try different configurations.
    I will post results in the morning.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 101
    win 10 pro (21H2)
       #15

    Tip for troubleshooting you may want to think about, disable/uninstall all your 3rd party oc/tuning/fan control apps (nzxt cam/speedfan/corsair icue/easytunes/afterburner-rtss).

    One, or combination of, could be in conflict with AMD software ?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #16

    PC was solid overnight in safe mode. I uninstalled the control apps as suggested.

    I'll post an update later this afternoon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It ran good for 2 or 3 hours. Didnt blue screen but crashed. The computer kicks off and back on real quick but doesnt reboot. It appears to be on but has no functionality. I have to hard reset it amd no dump file is created. It does this about 70% of the time and bsods the other 30%

    - - - Updated - - -

    It ran good for 2 or 3 hours. Didnt blue screen but crashed. The computer kicks off and back on real quick but doesnt reboot. It appears to be on but has no functionality. I have to hard reset it amd no dump file is created. It does this about 70% of the time and bsods the other 30%
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #17

    Okay, since it runs in safe mode that pretty much means a app (program) or driver problem. Try using Clean Boot, see if you can isolate software (program) as the cause:

    How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

    If that doesn't help then give Driver Verifier a try:

    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

    Following the instructions in the above link will check for problems in all non-Microsoft drivers.

    What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun the V2 log collector as soon as possible and upload the resulting zip file. Also see if there is a new C:\Windows \MEMORY.DMP file. If there is, copy it to another location then zip it an upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive and post a link to it here.

    To check if verifier is active, open a Command Prompt and enter:

    verifier /query

    If not active it will respond with

    No drivers are currently verified.

    If you have questions, see this additional tutorial which may help to clear things up.

    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

    For any failure, run V2 log collector and upload the zip here please.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Ran Verifier and Windows loaded fine and seemed stable. I decided to start opening programs and Logitech GHub caused a blackscreen each time.

    I had to hard reset and no dump files were created. I used Revo uninstaller to uninstall and system seems stable for now.

    I will update if I get another crash.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Got another crash after about 2 hours. Black screened with no dump.

    I'm going to uninstall more software and see if that helps.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #19

    Did you start with a Clean Boot then add the Logitech GHub when you got the first problem?

    Even if no dump, please run V2 log collector and upload the zip. Still may be something in one of the other collected files the yields a clue. Maybe not but worth looking at.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #20

    didn't do the clean boot just went straight to verifier. I will try the clean boot tomorrow if the issue isn't resolved.

    Here is the zip file.


    Just black screened again. Again, no dump file created.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums