Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1.    28 Oct 2015 #71
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,250
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Under boot mode you have UEFI. What options are there? Do you have one for MBR or Legacy? If you do, try that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Oct 2015 #72
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 48
    Win10Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Under boot mode you have UEFI. What options are there? Do you have one for MBR or Legacy? If you do, try that.
    Only one more option: Legacy
    Can I change that without risk? What is the difference, anyway?

    Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Oct 2015 #73
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    My father is also having BSOD's with this same error message KMODE exception not handled. I built him a pc a few years back based on an Asrock Z77 Pro4-M, and it has run with Win 7 Home without any issues.

    He recently upgraded to Win 10 Home, and since then has had all manner of issues, mostly relating to getting an internet connection. We tried all manner of fixes including getting a new router from his provider, then changing providers. Other laptops and devices were able to get connected.

    Last week my parents made the long trip to visit us and my father bought his pc with them and we did a clean install of Win 10 Home onto a new Samsung EVO 500 Gb SSD. Everything installed just fine, and he had no issues connecting to my network for the whole week they were here.

    However, less than a week after returning home, he has had 3 BSOD's in a day with the above error, and can no longer connect to the internet (yellow warning triangle - no io nternet access). We have a reasonable working knowledge of Windows, but this network issue has us both pulling our hair out.

    I have had my father make a debug log as per the sticky BSOD Posting Insructions, which I have attached. Hopefully somebody with more experience than us can get something out of it for us!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Oct 2015 #74
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Camberwell View Post
    My father is also having BSOD's with this same error message KMODE exception not handled. I built him a pc a few years back based on an Asrock Z77 Pro4-M, and it has run with Win 7 Home without any issues.

    He recently upgraded to Win 10 Home, and since then has had all manner of issues, mostly relating to getting an internet connection. We tried all manner of fixes including getting a new router from his provider, then changing providers. Other laptops and devices were able to get connected.

    Last week my parents made the long trip to visit us and my father bought his pc with them and we did a clean install of Win 10 Home onto a new Samsung EVO 500 Gb SSD. Everything installed just fine, and he had no issues connecting to my network for the whole week they were here.

    However, less than a week after returning home, he has had 3 BSOD's in a day with the above error, and can no longer connect to the internet (yellow warning triangle - no io nternet access). We have a reasonable working knowledge of Windows, but this network issue has us both pulling our hair out.

    I have had my father make a debug log as per the sticky BSOD Posting Insructions, which I have attached. Hopefully somebody with more experience than us can get something out of it for us!
    Please create a new thread for your problem, this makes it easier for us to help you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    29 Oct 2015 #75
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,250
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron99 View Post
    Only one more option: Legacy
    Can I change that without risk? What is the difference, anyway?

    Thank you
    I don't really think there is a risk. The only thing that could happen is you may have trouble booting into your OS, but I don't think so. You can change it back when you finish running memtest86+. It's difficult to tell. All the OEM Manufacturers lock down their BIOS's so much, you have limited options. You have many more options on a Retail Motherboard. When you are in UEFI mode, Windows will only boot from a Windows Boot Manager partition. Changing it should make your USB drive with Memtest86+ show up as a boot option. If your OS won't boot with those options, you should be able to just change it back to UEFI mode. Try these instructions

    Please Run Memtest86+

    information   Information
    Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip
    Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    29 Oct 2015 #76
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Please create a new thread for your problem, this makes it easier for us to help you.
    Sorry, we were having multiple BSOD's with kmode exception not handled, and in the BSOD Posting Instructions sticky it says:

    NOTE: Please do not create duplicate threads and posts on the same issue.

    Should I still make a new thread?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Oct 2015 #77
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,689
    Windows 10 Pro

    I bet a lot of people are getting multiple BSOD's with kmode exception not handled, but the core issue is different.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    29 Oct 2015 #78
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    I bet a lot of people are getting multiple BSOD's with kmode exception not handled, but the core issue is different.
    OK no problem, I will make a new thread. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Oct 2015 #79
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 48
    Win10Pro
    Thread Starter

    QUOTE
    I don't really think there is a risk. The only thing that could happen is you may have trouble booting into your OS, but I don't think so. You can change it back when you finish running memtest86+. It's difficult to tell.
    UNQUOTE

    Ok. will try this weekend. In case I have some trouble that is when I don't bother too much not having the pc.

    Thank you.


    BTW: I have been free of bsod for 48h now!!??
    Perhaps, after having uninstalled most old (2012, 2013) software.??
    Will see....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Oct 2015 #80
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,250
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    By 'having trouble', if you mean your computer won't boot into your OS, then change that bios setting back and you should be fine.

    Great news about being BSOD free. Whatever you and @axe0 decide is fine with me. I would think you may want to wait a few days to see if your problem is resolved.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
boot loop - error code - system thread exception not handled
Hi, i am using windows 10 from 1st of august by upgrading from win7ultimate,thought of clean install at a later time. after a day,the system stuttered while watching videos through vlc,or at youtube(maybe by just by watching), after some days the...
General Support
Help! Windows 10 won't boot ('system thread exception not handled')
Upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 recently and it was working fine. This morning when I tried to boot it won't. Stays stuck in a 'your PC ran into a problem' loop and shows a 'system thread exception not handled' error. I hadn't got a chance to create...
General Support
Persistent IRQL/KMODE Blue Screens
Hey guys & gals! I need some help diagnosing a few BSODs I've been having. I think the BSODs are driver related because I have ran memtest86+ for 8 passes no errors, as well as chkdisk and seatools with no problems. Yesterday I installed W10TP...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?
Microsoft say that Windows 10 will be the final version of Windows. Whether that's true or not, it certainly won't be the end of new features being needed, wanted, and added to Windows 10. That being said, the "feature complete" state of Windows...
General Support
system service exception atikmdag.sys
Hello guys How you doing? I was having win 8.1 but was getting bsod so i updated to win 10 but after updating my ati drivers, am getting the bsod again, sometimes during shut down or sometimes after switching on my laptop Please help as it...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums