Random and Ongoing BSOD's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #21

    zebal said:
    reboot/crash cycle, does that mean bsods? if yes upload them please to find out where is the problem.


    Did bsod usually happen while using specific application or operation? (that applies to times before using driver verifier)
    reboot/crash cycle did not produce any actual BSOD crash report... on restart screen went black >> typically post message showed >>> beep >>> post message >>> windows did not start >> advanced options screen showed up

    BSOD's have been completely random in occurrences, sometimes it will BSOD during normal usage, sometimes when attempting to come out of sleep/hibernation and sometimes when attempting to reboot/restart the system. So there really hasnt been any type of rhyme or reason or pattern to the BSOD's.

    Also, I have just opened everything on my desktop that i use on a regular basis and did a search for 'perfts.dll' with Process Explorer and Listdll and neither one are finding any current processes using the DLL. I did a search of the boot drive to find the DLL and it is showing in 4 different locations on the system:

    1) C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..rvices-perfcounters_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_1d2f624bc0754343 – installed on 03/19/2019 12:45:53 am – Product Version 10.0.18362.1 – 39.0 KB
    2) C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-t..rvices-perfcounters_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1_none_27840c9df4d6053e – installed on 03/19/2019 12:46:06 am – Product Version 10.0.18362.1 – 32.0 KB
    3) C:\Windows\SysWOW64 - installed on 03/19/2019 12:46:06 am – Product Version 10.0.18362.1 – 32.0 KB
    4) C:\Windows\System32 - installed on 03/19/2019 12:45:43 am – Product Version 10.0.18362.1 – 39.0 KB

    Im not sure if that helps but maybe it will for that DLL.

    Thanks again
      My Computer

  2. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #22

    I suggest to enable driver verifier only for specific drivers not all.
    ie. enable for all 3rd party first.
    then if crash, enable only for half of these, and so on until faulty one is found.

    if this is indeed driver problem...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #23

    zebal said:
    I suggest to enable driver verifier only for specific drivers not all.
    ie. enable for all 3rd party first.
    then if crash, enable only for half of these, and so on until faulty one is found.

    if this is indeed driver problem...
    ok i will try and work on that later tonight.. this first run i did everything except the Microsoft Drivers but just seemed weird it would even let it boot or trigger a BSOD
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 207
    Windows 10 Pro
       #24

    Dumps often contain errors that didn't make it to Event Viewer and the one in the last dump which I suspect is relevant states: "A memory corruption was detected and handled. Memory diagnostics should be run on this machine and, if necessary, memory chips should be replaced."

    Memory tests don't always find problems. Assuming further tests with diagnostic software would have the same result as before, the next thing I'd try (if possible) is using the system as you normally would with only 1 DIMM installed at a time to see if it becomes unstable with one vs the other(s).
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #25

    cwsink said:
    Dumps often contain errors that didn't make it to Event Viewer and the one in the last dump which I suspect is relevant states: "A memory corruption was detected and handled. Memory diagnostics should be run on this machine and, if necessary, memory chips should be replaced."

    Memory tests don't always find problems. Assuming further tests with diagnostic software would have the same result as before, the next thing I'd try (if possible) is using the system as you normally would with only 1 DIMM installed at a time to see if it becomes unstable with one vs the other(s).
    Thanks for the suggestion... I uninstalled the IRST driver completely as the next test.. if that still crashes i will move onto Zebal's recommendation for running driver verifier on each driver individually.. and if that fails i will start testing 1 DIMM at a time... i kindof doubt the memory being the issue though considering ive ran testing on 2 different brands across 6 different DIMM's and the 4 DIMM slots over the past 2 months combined with 2 different memory diagnostic programs (no errors) and continue to get the BSOD's...

    I will update this post again if/when the next BSOD happens or 3 days if none occur to keep you all updated

    Thanks again for your help.
      My Computer

  6. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 904
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #26

    I don't think this is hardware problem for several reasons.
    first because driver verifier would not crash the system for every single reboot if it's not driver problem.
    physical RAM is not always used the same way upon reboot, and
    most of the dumps indicate software bugs, that is bad memory access.
    even event viewer confirms those bugs which are unrelated to hardware.

    but then who knows maybe it really is bad RAM that makes it so hard to debug...
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 207
    Windows 10 Pro
       #27

    @zebal - I've seen quite a few systems get into DV triggered crash/reboot loops implicating drivers that were simply doing things in a way that Microsoft doesn't recommend but were not actually the cause of crashes when DV was disabled. I'd like to see a dump from that crash/reboot loop to see if it is finding a buggy driver, if possible, but it doesn't seem like they are getting generated.

    @parham93 - It does seem unlikely to be the DIMMs based on what you wrote. The latest dump does suggest memory is getting corrupted in data structures which 3rd party drivers shouldn't be changing, though. Have you monitored system temperatures with a program like HWMonitor? It would be a good idea to make sure the hardware is okay otherwise you might end up chasing phantom software issues.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    Well had another crash last night at 2:14am while the system was not in use/sleep. I uploaded the newest dumps to the google drive.

    I also have been running HWMonitor for the past 2 days and have checked it during heavier loads and basic system useage, the temps never seemed to go over 69C (154F) for the cpu, MB max at 59C and GPU was well within normal ranges.

    This just seems weird to be crashing during sleep mode.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 38,357
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #29

    parham93 said:
    Well had another crash last night at 2:14am while the system was not in use/sleep. I uploaded the newest dumps to the google drive.

    I also have been running HWMonitor for the past 2 days and have checked it during heavier loads and basic system useage, the temps never seemed to go over 69C (154F) for the cpu, MB max at 59C and GPU was well within normal ranges.

    This just seems weird to be crashing during sleep mode.

    Any new data should be posted in the newest post.
    This way time is not wasted searching posts.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #30

    zbook said:
    Any new data should be posted in the newest post.
    This way time is not wasted searching posts.
    Sorry about that links below:

    BSOD Files - Google Drive

    Prior Crash Files - Google Drive
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums