BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD  

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,539
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #51

    And is the kernel (ntkrnlmp.exe) mentioned as a probable driver?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 132
    10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #52

    MrPepka said:
    And is the kernel (ntkrnlmp.exe) mentioned as a probable driver?
    Please remind me again how to find the probably caused by? I remember seeing it last time but can't remember what to run. it's not there after analyze -v
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,539
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #53

    Depends on what WinDbg version you are using. Like the one from the Windows 10 SDK, you must run the !analyze command. And if you have the Preview version, there is no such ruler, but you can do it !analyze -v and in the IMAGE_NAME line the name of the driver causing the error will be given
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 132
    10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #54

    MrPepka said:
    Depends on what WinDbg version you are using. Like the one from the Windows 10 SDK, you must run the !analyze command. And if you have the Preview version, there is no such ruler, but you can do it !analyze -v and in the IMAGE_NAME line the name of the driver causing the error will be given
    Yep I've got that in there.


    IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,539
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #55

    After running the !analyze -v command, an error description is displayed and four parameters are underneath. What is the first parameter?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,169
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #56

    mkr10001 said:
    Yep I've got that in there.


    IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
    Could you also give the details for FAILURE_BUCKET_ID as this is more revealing.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 132
    10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #57

    MrPepka said:
    After running the !analyze -v command, an error description is displayed and four parameters are underneath. What is the first parameter?

    Arg1: 0000000000000026, IOMMU detected DMA violation.

    I thought that was odd as I turned off IOMMU in the BIOS, well at least the Intel virtualization option which I'm informed is the same thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    philc43 said:
    Could you also give the details for FAILURE_BUCKET_ID as this is more revealing.
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xE6_VRFK_nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine

    BUCKET_ID: 0xE6_VRFK_nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,539
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #58

    Then disable all virtualization options in the BIOS and leave Driver Verifier enabled
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 132
    10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #59

    MrPepka said:
    Then disable all virtualization options in the BIOS and leave Driver Verifier enabled
    That is the current configuration as of that last BSOD. BIOS says virtualization is off.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,539
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
       #60

    Do you still get BSODs after turning off virtualization in the BIOS?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums