Kernel Secuirty Check Failure et. al.  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Thread Starter
       #21

    zbook said:
    Open task manager
    > performance > memory > post images into the thread
    > startup > post images into the thread
    Posting there as they were easy and are done; complex replies to follow:
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 40,847
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #22

    Please post the full box for startup.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Thread Starter
       #23

    zbook said:
    Overnight please run the Dell Custom Component Test with these checked boxes:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...sktop/diagnose

    Code:
    Performance
    Bluescreen analyzer
    Hard drive
    Hard drive stress
    Memory
    Memory stress
    Motherboard
    Processor
    Processor stress
    System stress
    Code:
    Video capture
    Video card
    Video card stress


    Find a camera or smartphone camera to take pictures and post images of the results into the thread.
    I have, of course, not the slightest idea as to what happened: The last time I looked, the process was testing something about the hard disk. This morning, the computer was awake, but Support Assist, which runs during the testing process, was closed, and the progress bar on the diagnostic page which is used to select what to do was only showing the first step, the gathering of information step.

    Support Assist did show that there was a newer version of SA available, which has been installed. I will try again tonight, unless you have any clues as to what might have caused the problem and cures thereunto.

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    Please post the full box for startup.
    The screen shot of the startup tab shows everything in the startup tab.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I am only posting this in case it might have some bearing on the problem: The monthly Windows 10 update installed without any problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    The BIOS is current > please reinstall the BIOS

    There are two log collectors: V2 and DM

    Please upload new results for each into this thread.
    I ran the bios installer, which basically said It would refresh the bios, and promptly restarted the computer. I don't know that it did anything else.

    When I try to start dm log_collector.exe, it says that parameter setting is wrong, followed by some other text which disappears too quickly to read, and closes.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 40,847
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #24

    Please uninstall Comodo firewall/software using the applicable uninstall tool.

    Then reboot and run the DM log collector.

    In left lower corner search type msnfo32 > allow it to load for more than thirty minutes > save as NFO > post a share link into the thread
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Thread Starter
       #25

    zbook said:
    Please uninstall Comodo firewall/software using the applicable uninstall tool.

    Then reboot and run the DM log collector.

    In left lower corner search type msnfo32 > allow it to load for more than thirty minutes > save as NFO > post a share link into the thread
    Comodo Firewall removed, DM log collector starts with message that "parameter format not correct -" and closes. With firewall still removed, right-clicking on DM collector and selecting run as administrator gives same result.

    DM collector does not work for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    Overnight please run the Dell Custom Component Test with these checked boxes:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...sktop/diagnose

    Code:
    Performance
    Bluescreen analyzer
    Hard drive
    Hard drive stress
    Memory
    Memory stress
    Motherboard
    Processor
    Processor stress
    System stress
    Code:
    Video capture
    Video card
    Video card stress


    Find a camera or smartphone camera to take pictures and post images of the results into the thread.
    Second attempt seemed to work, as, after perhaps eleven hours, it was likely on the third of the video tests; howeve, a while later, once again Support Assist was closed. The program itself stated that the tests were being processed, but after a sufficient wait to determine that nothing was taking place, I called Dell tech support.

    After a rather lengthy call, with remote assist, restarts, and so on, it was determined by the tech that the program is defective. It was found that Support Assist had closed as a number of its files had been deleted. Thus, I cannot provide any results, other than that the much-briefer hardware test in Support Assist reports no errors.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 40,847
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #26

    In the left lower corner search type:
    msinfo32
    Wait approximately 30 minutes for it to fully load.
    Then save as NFO.
    Post a share link into the thread.

    Upload a new V2.

    The Dell tests have options for full, quick, and customized.
    Were you able to run any part of these?
    Please post results into the thread.
    This is an additional option:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...-boot-analysis
    https://www.dell.com/support/article...-codes?lang=en
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Thread Starter
       #27

    zbook said:
    In the left lower corner search type:
    msinfo32
    Wait approximately 30 minutes for it to fully load.
    Then save as NFO.
    Post a share link into the thread.

    Upload a new V2.

    The Dell tests have options for full, quick, and customized.
    Were you able to run any part of these?
    Please post results into the thread.
    This is an additional option:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...-boot-analysis
    https://www.dell.com/support/article...-codes?lang=en
    Msinfo 32 would be attached,, but is rejected as invalid. You will see a Problem Devices entry: The disabled WiFI adapter is the motherboard 2.4G only, and the other is the external 2.4/5G adapter.

    Link to the file, just use the "we..." part, which will take you to the location to download the file:
    Good_Reading.nfo (6.6 MB) hosted on WeTransfer: WeTransfer


    I uploaded a new V2 yesterday; it is in a reply a few above your reply to which this is, in turn, a reply.


    I ran the Dell Full test; everything passed, except the failed items such as a card reader which are not present in this computer.


      My Computer


  8. Posts : 40,847
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #28

    Please use one of these 3 share links:

    a) one drive
    b) drop box
    c) google drive

    For all tests / steps please post images into the thread.

    Find a flash drive that you can format (> or = 8 GB)

    Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:


    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

    Perform an in place upgrade repair:

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Thread Starter
       #29

    zbook said:
    Please use one of these 3 share links:

    a) one drive
    b) drop box
    c) google drive

    For all tests / steps please post images into the thread.

    Find a flash drive that you can format (> or = 8 GB)

    Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:


    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

    Perform an in place upgrade repair:

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    I was going to use Box, which works very well, but for some reason, it would not accept the upload from Thunderbird, so I used the other link, which is the one I posted. I don't use One Drive nor Google Drive, do use Drop Box, but don't know how to create a link with it, whereas the transfer I did use creates the link automatically. (For that matter, so does Box inside Thunderbird, when it works; this was the first time I ever saw it fail.) The link I posted here should certainly work; I tested it before posting, and it took me directly to the location for downloading the file that you asked me to create.

    If you would like to read a very complex forty-six page history of a structural fire service project I started and which lasted some ten years, it is on Box, and I have the link. There you can either read the doc or download it.

    As for creating and using a USB with a bootable ISO, that has been covered more than once in this thread; it has failed when used while Windows 10 is loaded normally, it has even failed when the computer was in Clean Boot; it fails every time (four separate attempts, I believe) at 64% of the install of a new copy of Windows. The USB with the bootable ISO is sitting about one foot from me right now.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 40,847
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #30

    The link that was posted was not opened.

    When available please use one of the above links.

    Please perform the in place upgrade repair using a new Windows 10 iso.
    If it fails then run setupdiag > post a share link into the thread (one drive, drop box, or google drive)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums