1.    09 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    UK
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc


    Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on but then they go out and the laptop reboots and then loads to log on and I can sign in as normal and all seems ok. But when I check in Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>View reliability history, it shows that every time I wake the laptop up that 1. Windows was not properly shut down 2. Windows stopped working 3. Shut down unexpectedly - all at the same time. If I put the laptop into hibernate or shut it down, when I start it up again I get the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bluescreen and the laptop then resarts as normal.
    Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
    Attachment 29974
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Sep 2015 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 1
    windows 10, 8.1

    ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bluescreen Solution


    Hi Ged236,

    Just try to turn off the Windows 10 Fast Startup.

    1.Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Power Options icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
    5. Turn Off "Fast Startup" for a "Full Shutdown"

    A) Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box, and click/tap on the Save changes button.

    NOTE: If the Turn on fast startup setting is not listed, then hibernate has been disabled that removed this setting and also disabled fast startup.

    B) The Shut down Power option will now perform as a normal full shut down when used.
    6. You can now close the Power Options. Shut down your pc and Turn On again.


    I hope it works for you !


    Jeriav

    Quote Originally Posted by Ged236 View Post
    Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on but then they go out and the laptop reboots and then loads to log on and I can sign in as normal and all seems ok. But when I check in Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>View reliability history, it shows that every time I wake the laptop up that 1. Windows was not properly shut down 2. Windows stopped working 3. Shut down unexpectedly - all at the same time. If I put the laptop into hibernate or shut it down, when I start it up again I get the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bluescreen and the laptop then resarts as normal.
    Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
    Attachment 29974
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Sep 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,651
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hi Ged236

    Welcome to the 10forums.
    Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty

    Please fill in your system specs
    Please go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    11 Sep 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    UK
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jeriav View Post
    Hi Ged236,

    Just try to turn off the Windows 10 Fast Startup.

    1.Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Power Options icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
    5. Turn Off "Fast Startup" for a "Full Shutdown"

    A) Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box, and click/tap on the Save changes button.

    NOTE: If the Turn on fast startup setting is not listed, then hibernate has been disabled that removed this setting and also disabled fast startup.

    B) The Shut down Power option will now perform as a normal full shut down when used.
    6. You can now close the Power Options. Shut down your pc and Turn On again.


    I hope it works for you !


    Jeriav

    Hi Jeriav,

    Thanks for your reply to my problem. I had seen eleswhere that the fast startup maybe a reason for the issue I was having and had tried disabling it and trying other power options but to no avail and the issue continued. I've gone back to windows 7 for now but planning to dual boot windows 10 over the weekend, so if the issue is still happening I will try your suggestion again.

    Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Sep 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    UK
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Hi, thanks for your reply. At the moment I've gone back to windows 7 but I'm planning on dual booting windows 10, so if I still have this problem, then I shall upload a new zip.

    Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Hi Ged236

    Welcome to the 10forums.
    Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty

    Please fill in your system specs
    Please go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
    How to fill in your system specs:

      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD
Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Solved BSOD: Can Some Please Take A Look
My computer blue screened upon updating, can someone have a look and see what needs to be done, please?
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
My First Win 10 BSOD
Throwing it out here for everyone. A lot of symbols can't be found. Seems to blame my graphics driver and the stack indicates the driver got caught up in some type of loop. A few minutes before that, Facebook was open and a video played,...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Bsod help please
Hey all getting bsod on windows 10 tech preview here is my debug info 12754 help much appreciated. I have run mem test overnight no ram errors. cheers Just a bit more info the error bcc is 0xc000021a and the cause is "ntoskrnl.exe" address...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums