DXKRNL Bluescreen in CS:GO, Starcraft 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    zbook said:
    You can consume time troubleshooting.

    It's best to RMA to Acer.

    If the problems reoccur after the warranty expires then what will you do?

    Again there are drivers that can be replaced that were misbehaving in the dump files.

    New computers should not be having BSOD.
    That is a good point, and I totally agree that new computer should not have a BSOD, but I'm currently in my exam period so I can't really do without a computer for at least one more week, I will send it back to acer if I cannot troubleshoot it meanwhile.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 39,996
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #12

    These are some steps that may provide temporary improvement if you need some stability during exam week (these may or may not work if there is an underlying hardware problem)

    1) uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver using DDU (display driver uninstaller)
    2) re-install the Nvidia GPU driver from the Nvidia website
    3) make sure that you check the clean install box and if available install the physx driver.

    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.1.5 (or newer version if available)
    Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Download Drivers | NVIDIA


    4) New and old drivers can be tried by turning off Windows updates of non-Microsoft drivers.


    5) Placing the computer in safe mode:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

    6) For the long term please consider RMA after exam week.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    zbook said:
    These are some steps that may provide temporary improvement if you need some stability during exam week (these may or may not work if there is an underlying hardware problem)

    1) uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver using DDU (display driver uninstaller)
    2) re-install the Nvidia GPU driver from the Nvidia website
    3) make sure that you check the clean install box and if available install the physx driver.

    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.1.5 (or newer version if available)
    Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Download Drivers | NVIDIA


    4) New and old drivers can be tried by turning off Windows updates of non-Microsoft drivers.


    5) Placing the computer in safe mode:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

    6) For the long term please consider RMA after exam week.

    I have already tried doing DDU in safe mode and installing new or older versions of the nVidia graphics, along with windows reinstalls. I am trying to contact Acer right now, and ask for an RMA, hoping that they wont just tell me to send it to a service and waste time saying that they couldnt find anything.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 39,996
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #14

    This is a link to prevent Windows from automatically updating older drivers:

    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    zbook said:
    This is a link to prevent Windows from automatically updating older drivers:

    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10
    I have disabled those as well as automatic driver installation upon contact with a new device, but older ones did not seem to help. After installing the newly released nVidia ones my issue seems to occur a bit less often, sometimes even being able to play a full match instead of previously crashing after at most 10-15 minutes..
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 39,996
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #16

    Check to see the options in BIOS for GPU settings.
    To get through exam week it may be possible to use only Intel GPU.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    zbook said:
    Check to see the options in BIOS for GPU settings.
    To get through exam week it may be possible to use only Intel GPU.
    Oh, it runs perfectly fine on anything except CS:GO and StarCraft 2
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums