HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 28
    Windows 10 64bit Version 1903
       #1

    HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue


    Hi everyone!



    I have an issue with my HP Probook470 G1. I am running Windows 10 64bit.

    When I try to shutdown my computer (or restart, or hibernate), screen goes blank, fan still runs and lights are still up.

    After 5-10 minutes blue screen(of death?) comes up and says: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE and then computer shuts off.

    I attached the image for reference.

    Attachment 252247Attachment 252247

    I tried various things such as disabling FastBoot, messing with power options etc. I think its not due third party software or drivers because this problem started to happen on EVERY restart/shut down EVER, even due Windows installation (you need to restart computer several times during Windows installation, I hope you guys understand me) and that problem still happens.



    Do anybody know solution to this problem?



    Kind regards and thanks for help!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #2

    1. Does your problem appear both on batteries and with external PSU?
    2. And how about Safe Mode - if nothing happens it could be a driver's issue.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39,972
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #3

    Driver power state failure is bugcheck 9F.

    Please run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:

    BSOD - Posting Instructions
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,089
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #4

    You could try HP Image Assistant to review you have up to date drivers and firmware https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 28
    Windows 10 64bit Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Wind10Pro said:
    1. Does your problem appear both on batteries and with external PSU?
    2. And how about Safe Mode - if nothing happens it could be a driver's issue.
    Thanks for reply,

    It does appear both on batteries and with external PSU.
    And I tried to boot into the Safe mode, then just restart it and Laptop restarted just fine, without any problems.
    If it is driver problem, how can I locate driver that causing me troubles?

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    Driver power state failure is bugcheck 9F.

    Please run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:

    BSOD - Posting Instructions
    Thanks for reply,

    Results are attached here. Looks like one zip file is empty, I am not sure if that test was successful.
    Attachment 252327Attachment 252328

    - - - Updated - - -

    Steve C said:
    You could try HP Image Assistant to review you have up to date drivers and firmware https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html
    Thanks for the reply,

    It seems like my laptop is not listed in supported devices, also when I try to run analyze window pops up and says that my version of windows is not supported.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,089
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #6

    Try the alternative HP Softpaq Download Manager or install HP Support Assist https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_SDM.html
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #7

    uroscamper said:
    It seems like my laptop is not listed in supported devices.
    Here's the list of all drivers for HP ProBook 470 G1 on their Polish site specifically made for Windows 10:
    https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers...ook-pc/5405414

    Each time I encounter similar problems I start with this page (even before checking specific drivers on the manufacturer's site):
    Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant FAQ
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 39,972
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #8

    See rule #4:

    https://www.tenforums.com/misc.php?do=showrules

    Code:
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

    For any software make sure any tools used to bypass the activation of software are uninstalled.
    Install only licensed software.
    To receive help, post new V2 and DM after the above.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 28
    Windows 10 64bit Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Steve C said:
    Try the alternative HP Softpaq Download Manager or install HP Support Assist https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_SDM.html
    I used that tool and some drivers was missing... I installed all drivers needed but problem is still here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wind10Pro said:
    Here's the list of all drivers for HP ProBook 470 G1 on their Polish site specifically made for Windows 10:
    https://support.hp.com/pl-pl/drivers...ook-pc/5405414

    Each time I encounter similar problems I start with this page (even before checking specific drivers on the manufacturer's site):
    Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant FAQ
    I used that originally, but still no success.
    I assume that problem is here from beginning, even during Windows installation this happened.

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    See rule #4:

    https://www.tenforums.com/misc.php?do=showrules

    Code:
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

    For any software make sure any tools used to bypass the activation of software are uninstalled.
    Install only licensed software.
    To receive help, post new V2 and DM after the above.
    Okay, I need to sort this out.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 28
    Windows 10 64bit Version 1903
    Thread Starter
       #10

    zbook said:
    See rule #4:

    https://www.tenforums.com/misc.php?do=showrules

    Code:
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

    For any software make sure any tools used to bypass the activation of software are uninstalled.
    Install only licensed software.
    To receive help, post new V2 and DM after the above.
    Hi,

    I think I successfully deactivated Windows, I am working on getting originally key right now.
    Here are tests after deactivation. If I need to activate Windows then do the tests, just let me know.

    Thanks a lot!Attachment 252734
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums