Windows 10 Error 6008 freezes


  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #1

    Windows 10 Error 6008 freezes


    I have problems with the new system that I built last week, It happens randomly and I cant figure it out, all i know is that it happens mostly when im playing. in the event log it just shows error 6008, I was looking on internet for some help and so I found this forum. I'll attack the BSOD log which I got using V2 Collector hoping that someone could help me.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #2

    The log files are in a non-english language and some can not be analyzed. Please change the system language to English and post a new log collector zip. Use the V2 log collector shown in the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions link as it collects more information than the standard collector.

    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10
    How To Change Language In Windows 10 Operating System - YouTube

    You can put the language back to normal once done though you may have to do this multiple times if we need you to run the log collector script again in the future. Won't help with data that's already collected but newly generated data will be in English which can help.

    Thanks
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ztruker said:
    The log files are in a non-english language and some can not be analyzed. Please change the system language to English and post a new log collector zip. Use the V2 log collector shown in the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions link as it collects more information than the standard collector.

    Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10
    How To Change Language In Windows 10 Operating System - YouTube

    You can put the language back to normal once done though you may have to do this multiple times if we need you to run the log collector script again in the future. Won't help with data that's already collected but newly generated data will be in English which can help.

    Thanks
    Yeah you're right, sorry I did not think about it.. I'll do that
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #4

    Without any dumps, the main files that may give us a clue to what is happening are the event logs.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    So I changed it in english, and did it again. Even the first time I used the V2 log collector. Hope now its ok.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #6

    Not seeing anything in Event Viewer.

    Are you over clocking? If yes, reset everything to nominal values and run for awhile.

    This looks like a hardware problem. Are all components new are are you reusing some from previous builds? In any case, run the following tests:

    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

    OCCT: OCBASE / OCCT

    For both the above, read the instructions carefully and watch your system when testing.
    If it starts spitting out problems and you can't shut it down - simply turn the system off/unplug it from the wall

    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

    If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

    Read the instructions carefully and watch your system when testing.
    If it starts spitting out problems and you can't shut it down - simply turn the system off/unplug it from the wall

    ===================================================
    Up through DDR3, follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums
    DDR4, follow this tutorial: MemTest86 v8.1 Free Memory Testing Tool Review

    Both of these are diagnostic tools designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. They will verify that:
    • RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

    They run from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

    warning   Warning
    MemTest86+ and Memtest86 need to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM. The new version of Memtest86 only allows 4 passes for the free version so run it twice, back to back.

    If you are asked to run MemTest86+ or Memtest86 by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 (or 4+4) passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

    Note   Note
    Both of these diagnostics has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

    Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ or 4+4 passes of Memtest86 is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run it overnight, starting just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

    Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    No, I am not overclocking anything, the cpu is at default speeds (voltage is never above 1.250) and like a month ago I did the cpu stress test, it was fine and stable even if temps were a bit higher of what i would like (70 with stock cooler).. As for the parts, i changed motherboard, cpu, gpu and ram leaving the previous case and psu, but i dont think thats the problem since the old system used to draw more power (using the same gpu as now) and it was stable without any problem whats so ever. I'll do the memtest and the stress tests again, and I will post updates tomorrow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ztruker said:
    Not seeing anything in Event Viewer.

    Are you over clocking? If yes, reset everything to nominal values and run for awhile.

    This looks like a hardware problem. Are all components new are are you reusing some from previous builds? In any case, run the following tests:

    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

    OCCT: OCBASE / OCCT

    For both the above, read the instructions carefully and watch your system when testing.
    If it starts spitting out problems and you can't shut it down - simply turn the system off/unplug it from the wall

    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

    If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

    Read the instructions carefully and watch your system when testing.
    If it starts spitting out problems and you can't shut it down - simply turn the system off/unplug it from the wall

    ===================================================
    Up through DDR3, follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums
    DDR4, follow this tutorial: MemTest86 v8.1 Free Memory Testing Tool Review

    Both of these are diagnostic tools designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. They will verify that:
    • RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

    They run from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

    warning   Warning
    MemTest86+ and Memtest86 need to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM. The new version of Memtest86 only allows 4 passes for the free version so run it twice, back to back.

    If you are asked to run MemTest86+ or Memtest86 by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 (or 4+4) passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

    Note   Note
    Both of these diagnostics has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

    Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ or 4+4 passes of Memtest86 is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run it overnight, starting just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

    Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.
    So i ran furmark for about half hour, nothing wrong there, temps were around 70/73 and the system was stable.. The problem came when i tried to do the prime95 stress test, it was running fine until it froze again, temps even here, were 68/70.. After that I had to restart the pc and I tired again, this time the pc froze immediately.. I have no clue at all, could be a faulty motherboard? Because I dont think that 68/70 would cause this kind of problems (voltage was under 1.320 too) with an ryzen 5 2600..
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #8

    I agree the temps are not the cause. The motherboard has on-board graphics. Can you remove the Nvidia card and use the on-board graphics for awhile, see if that makes a difference. Possible the problem is the Nvidia card itself and not a driver problem. How old is the Nvidia card? Is it still under warranty, can it be RMAd?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Ztruker said:
    I agree the temps are not the cause. The motherboard has on-board graphics. Can you remove the Nvidia card and use the on-board graphics for awhile, see if that makes a difference. Possible the problem is the Nvidia card itself and not a driver problem. How old is the Nvidia card? Is it still under warranty, can it be RMAd?
    The card is 3/4 months old, but thats not the problem.. I think it's the CPU or motherboard itself, because it freezes when i stress test the cpu or whenever it gets to mid/high load.. Since I was tired of the crashes I swapped in the old pc parts, so now im using old motherboard with old cpu but the same nvidia 1660.. I tried to run OCCT on this system, which draws more power than the new one, and its totaly stable, I did this just to exclude the PSU as problem..
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,959
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #10

    What is your next step then? Looks like the CPU and board are tied together, new of each or old of each.

    You don't think it's worth trying the new CPU and board without the Nvidia GPU?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums