Multiple BSOD before and while attempting to Install Windows 10

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    6 Days Ago #31

    philc43 said: View Post
    Is there anyway you can disable Windows Defender or update it. Try searching google for issues relating to failure to install W10 with Windows Defender running.
    Thanks for the detective work Phil, I'm not sure what I can do, as I only have access to the Command Prompt (since I haven't yet been able to complete an installation). I'll do a Google search to see what I can find.

    As for installing Windows 10 Home without a key @Caledon Ken, I got the same RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED BSOD, this time much earlier in the installation process. I was again unable to locate a memory dump file for this BSOD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,751
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.168 and W10 Insider Build 18290
       6 Days Ago #32

    DevoidOfHope said: View Post
    Thanks for the detective work Phil, I'm not sure what I can do, as I only have access to the Command Prompt (since I haven't yet been able to complete an installation). I'll do a Google search to see what I can find.

    As for installing Windows 10 Home without a key @Caledon Ken, I got the same RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED BSOD, this time much earlier in the installation process. I was again unable to locate a memory dump file for this BSOD.
    Can you try installing with no connection to the internet just in case it is trying to update during the installation.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 11,522
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       6 Days Ago #33

    Philc43.... In your experience could this be related to a BIOS being out of date?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    6 Days Ago #34

    philc43 said: View Post
    Can you try installing with no connection to the internet just in case it is trying to update during the installation.
    Same error, same spot unfortunately.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 11,522
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803
       6 Days Ago #35

    There is this alternate method for installing.

    Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,751
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.168 and W10 Insider Build 18290
       6 Days Ago #36

    DevoidOfHope said: View Post
    Same error, same spot unfortunately.
    Did you also specify that during the installation you do not want to check for updates?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    6 Days Ago #37

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    There is this alternate method for installing.

    Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install
    I got to step 2.8 where DISM is applying the image, and got the same BSOD as before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,751
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.168 and W10 Insider Build 18290
       6 Days Ago #38

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Philc43.... In your experience could this be related to a BIOS being out of date?
    Yes this could be a factor. His BIOS is old and there are many updates he could try.

    Code:
    [BIOS Information (Type 0) - Length 24 - Handle 0000h]
      Vendor                        American Megatrends Inc.
      BIOS Version                  1.60
      BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
      BIOS Release Date             12/18/2015
    I'd recommend an update to the latest version 7977v11
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    6 Days Ago #39

    philc43 said: View Post
    Did you also specify that during the installation you do not want to check for updates?
    I was not given the option to check for updates or not during the setup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    6 Days Ago #40

    philc43 said: View Post
    I'd recommend an update to the latest version 7977v11
    Alright, I will attempt an update. It is a scary prospect. Is there a possibility that whatever is plaguing my machine could cause a shut down mid update? Would that nuke my mobo?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Error attempting USB install, 0xc0000102 in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, I do hope I can find some help here. I am attempting to use a live install USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 on a brand new computer. We had verified that it was reading the USB ports and there were no...
Where do I even start? A client of mine came to me with their HP desktop and were saying it could not boot and restore points were not even working. I thought I would have this worked out in no time. I was wrong. Here is the details for...
Hello, i am having an ongoing issue with Window' 10's App store following the Anniversary Update Windows Store crashes after i click on any apps. I tried hitting CMD = wsreset as administrator privilege mode too but the problem still...
hello everyone. i had a pop up telling me that i have a Windows update pending and that it would run when i restarted my laptop. But, when it started, i noticed that it was reinstalling Windows 10 - which i have been running for the last...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:27.
Find Us