Persistent BSOD even after reinstalling windows10 in pc DistrubtedCOM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 39,953
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #11

    Another alternative is to place the computer in safe mode.
    Report into the thread whether there are any freezing or crashes while in safe mode.
    For safe mode any of these three options can be used: safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt.
    The longer the duration of using safe mode the more useful the information as to whether there were / are freezes and crashes.

    Use the text and images in this link for safe mode:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 | Tutorials

    Hold down the shift key > click power > restart > open the computer's Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > click startup settings > click restart > click safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #12

    zbook said:
    Another alternative is to place the computer in safe mode.
    Report into the thread whether there are any freezing or crashes while in safe mode.
    For safe mode any of these three options can be used: safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt.
    The longer the duration of using safe mode the more useful the information as to whether there were / are freezes and crashes.

    Use the text and images in this link for safe mode:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 | Tutorials

    Hold down the shift key > click power > restart > open the computer's Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > click startup settings > click restart > click safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt
    I used safe mode for 2 hours just now and so far no freezing or crashes
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39,953
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #13

    Plan to use safe mode for several days or for as long as possible so that it becomes convincing that there is absolutely no freezing or crashes despite the use of any applications. It may be challenging with the display but the longer the testing the more useful the result.

    Freezing and crashing using safe mode will move in one direction.
    No freezing and crashing using safe mode will move in another direction.
    So the time period for the testing is critical.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #14

    zbook said:
    Plan to use safe mode for several days or for as long as possible so that it becomes convincing that there is absolutely no freezing or crashes despite the use of any applications. It may be challenging with the display but the longer the testing the more useful the result.

    Freezing and crashing using safe mode will move in one direction.
    No freezing and crashing using safe mode will move in another direction.
    So the time period for the testing is critical.
    Ok i'll try to use safe mode for the next several days, hmm is it okay if I use safe mode and then afk? or I must only use safe mode if I have something to do with my pc, without the use of various drivers
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 39,953
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #15

    You can shift to normal mode as needed.
    However give yourself substantial time to evaluate the computer in safe mode so that you have confidence that it freezes or crashes or never freezes or crashes. Plan at least 72 hours of safe mode to make the evaluation. The sleep hours do not count so that you have use hours to evaluate for freezing.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #16

    zbook said:
    You can shift to normal mode as needed.
    However give yourself substantial time to evaluate the computer in safe mode so that you have confidence that it freezes or crashes or never freezes or crashes. Plan at least 72 hours of safe mode to make the evaluation. The sleep hours do not count so that you have use hours to evaluate for freezing.
    Ok, 4 hours of normal use and 3 hours in safe mode while just browing the internet. so far no crashes
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Can I ask what I should do if for example after 72 hours of safe mode, and then there's no crashes or freeze? or vice versa?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 39,953
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #18

    Using safe mode is useful for distinguishing hardware from software problems.
    If there are problems during safe mode the focus is moved to hardware.
    If there are no problems during safe mode the focus is moved to software.

    For software:
    a) Return to normal boot.
    b) Then reconfirm freezing/hang/crash
    c) Place computer into clean boot to identify the problematic software
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts | Tutorials

    If the number of non-Microsoft services are 32 each group of 16 are evaluated to determine which group has the problematic software.
    Then the group of 16 is checked 8 at a time to distinguish which group has the problematic software.
    Then the group of 8 is checked 4 at a time to distinguish which group has the problematic software.
    etc.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums