BSOD loop, system service exception

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    22 Apr 2018 #1

    BSOD loop, system service exception


    My surface book pro just took a dump and now it wont boot at all, I can only get it to successfully boot safe mode but cant get my files off as the USB drivers are not installed in safe mode, I never created a restore point on any recovery media, the best it will let me do is to reinstall my OS and lose all my files, is there a way I can reinstall windows and keep my files ?...I only have access to a win7 machine whilst my win10 isn't working
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,824
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.253 and W10 Insider Build 18312
       22 Apr 2018 #2

    Since your PC works fine in safe mode, you might see if troubleshooting with a clean boot may help to ID the issue.

    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    24 Apr 2018 #3

    philc43 said: View Post
    Since your PC works fine in safe mode, you might see if troubleshooting with a clean boot may help to ID the issue.

    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts
    I don't think this is tailored to my problem, I done the first part, from there on it seems to pertain to being able to run software or install/uninstall software, my problem is that windows will not boot unless I'm in safe mode
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,824
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.253 and W10 Insider Build 18312
       24 Apr 2018 #4

    loady said: View Post
    I don't think this is tailored to my problem, I done the first part, from there on it seems to pertain to being able to run software or install/uninstall software, my problem is that windows will not boot unless I'm in safe mode
    If you have successfully booted in part 1 you now know it is one of the services or startup programs that prevents you booting Windows normally. If you persevere with part 2 you will identify the culprit; skip steps 9 and 10 since you are not trying to load a program, you are trying to load windows. Proceed with steps 11 onwards and identify which service or startup item causes Windows to not boot.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    24 Apr 2018 #5

    philc43 said: View Post
    If you have successfully booted in part 1 you now know it is one of the services or startup programs that prevents you booting Windows normally. If you persevere with part 2 you will identify the culprit; skip steps 9 and 10 since you are not trying to load a program, you are trying to load windows. Proceed with steps 11 onwards and identify which service or startup item causes Windows to not boot.
    Well I have disabled all the services now, it will boot only in safe mode into administrator account...then boot normally its back to bsod
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,824
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.253 and W10 Insider Build 18312
       24 Apr 2018 #6

    So just to confirm are you saying you could not get to step 7 in part 1 of the clean boot process?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    24 Apr 2018 #7

    philc43 said: View Post
    So just to confirm are you saying you could not get to step 7 in part 1 of the clean boot process?
    It restarts and boots straight into admin account in safe mode. I noticed it said it configuring updates, then goes back to the desktop, the hard drive was almost full and I thought this might be the issue, I freed up about 7gb of space were before there was barely a GB of free space left, I tried a clean up and it hangs on cleaning windows update
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Apr 2018 #8

    So...is there anyway to get my files off this in safe mode with a thumb drive ? It only seems to be offering me the option of resetting and losing my data
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 22,868
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       25 Apr 2018 #9

    Please boot into safe mode with networking.
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Then run the beta log collector and post a zip into the thread.
    https://www.tenforums.com/attachment...-v2-beta10.zip
    (extract > open)
    In case there are problems running the beta log collector please use the text and images in this link (post #5).
    DM Log tool problem Solved - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. philc43's Avatar
    Posts : 3,824
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1809 Build 17763.253 and W10 Insider Build 18312
       25 Apr 2018 #10

    loady said: View Post
    It restarts and boots straight into admin account in safe mode. I noticed it said it configuring updates, then goes back to the desktop, the hard drive was almost full and I thought this might be the issue, I freed up about 7gb of space were before there was barely a GB of free space left, I tried a clean up and it hangs on cleaning windows update
    The cleaning windows update takes a very long time to complete on a modern desktop - are you sure it hangs?

    Generally you are recommended to have around 15GB or more free space.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
BSOD - System Service Exception in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, Recently I've been having BSOD issues on my laptop, a Lenovo T440s. Initially, these were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL issues, but after my computer failed to start up properly one time, forcing me to do a reset, the BSODs I am getting now...
BSOD system service exception in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, I keep receiving different BSOD's when using computer. Just browsing the internet it happens, occasionally it happens on start-up right after I log in to windows. I get different error messages every time but usually the system service...
I was in the middle of a game in BF1 and my computer just crashed out of the blue, lol pun, and went into a reboot loop of BSODs. i tried everything i could in the system troubleshooting and advanced options menu, to include system restore, system...
Solved BSOD System Service Exception in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello All, I must say, I am at my wits end and am really hoping that the wonderful folks here at TenForums are able to help. My computer frequently, yet seemingly random, BSODs. The error it throws on the Blue Screen is "System Service...
BSOD - System Service Exception in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on my home build after getting a new SSD. Since then I've been dealing with pretty consistent System Service exception BSODs. A few times I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.
Find Us