Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games Solved

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1.    07 Aug 2015 #41

    essenbe said: View Post
    Make sure your Graphics drivers are installed before playing games. If you get a BSOD, upload the BSOD posting instructions here please. BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    Yeah don't worry it installed the 15.7 Catalyst driver, I should be fine in that regard.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,216
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       07 Aug 2015 #42

    OK, great.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       07 Aug 2015 #43

    oldage said: View Post
    Am on the fresh install now, seems like all drivers are already configured. Gonna let windows update finish and then see if I BSOD on any games.
    Following up on the SFC & Dism issues - have you tried Dism on the fresh install?

    Let Windows run for a day or two before following the reset instructions.

    If you get the 0x800f0906 error, try resetting Windows Update components:

    Launch an elevated Command Prompt
    Execute the following commands

    net stop wuauserv
    cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
    ren Download Download.old
    net start wuauserv
    net stop bits
    net start bits
    net stop cryptsvc
    cd %systemroot%\system32
    ren catroot2 catroot2old
    net start cryptsvc
    cd \

    You can copy the lines above and paste them into the Command window

    Then restart your machine and try Dism.
    edit: Then restart your machine, run Windows Update (it might take a while after the reset) and then try Dism.
    Last edited by Slartybart; 07 Aug 2015 at 10:51. Reason: add WU after reset, before Dism
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Aug 2015 #44

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Following up on the SFC & Dism issues - have you tried Dism on the fresh install?

    Let Windows run for a day or two before following the reset instructions.

    If you get the 0x800f0906 error, try resetting Windows Update components:

    Launch an elevated Command Prompt
    Execute the following commands

    net stop wuauserv
    cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
    ren Download Download.old
    net start wuauserv
    net stop bits
    net start bits
    net stop cryptsvc
    cd %systemroot%\system32
    ren catroot2 catroot2old
    net start cryptsvc
    cd \

    You can copy the lines above and paste them into the Command window

    Then restart your machine and try Dism.
    Haven't tried DISM yet but SFC reported no integrity violations. I guess that's a start. Should I still do DISM?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       07 Aug 2015 #45

    oldage said: View Post
    Haven't tried DISM yet but SFC reported no integrity violations. I guess that's a start. Should I still do DISM?
    Good news on SFC.

    I think the clean install solved the issue.
    Give the new install a few days and then yes, please run Dism to test if it returns and run errors (0x800f0906). If it runs and reports integrity errors, that's something different - this test is just to see if Dism runs

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    If you do get the error, wait a few days for Win10 to 'clean itself up' before running the Windows reset commands in post# 43. When I ran the WU reset - it took a while (5-10) minutes) for Windows to 'settle down'.

    • Windows update too a long time to load - not surprising.

    • Two Start tiles (both PowerShell links) changed position and size - this issue also occurred in the preview releases, so it's probably still a bug that shows up less frequently. I just re-sized the tiles and put them back where they were.

    • I couldn't launch anything elevated - that concerned me, but Windows cleared that up by itself - very nice! If your experience differs, try restarting the machine after giving Windows a fair chance to do any system configuration checks that it normally does (security on special files, required services started, etc)


    Thanks - you're doing a great job providing feedback and acting on suggestions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    07 Aug 2015 #46

    DISM is running, hope it doesn't stay on 20% for hours again like the first time. Thanks.


    Edit: well it already finished, is that possible? https://i.imgur.com/w3iie5b.png
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       07 Aug 2015 #47

    oldage said: View Post
    DISM is running, hope it doesn't stay on 20% for hours again like the first time. Thanks.


    Edit: well it already finished, is that possible? https://i.imgur.com/w3iie5b.png
    Excellent news.

    Is that possible? Sure, a Fresh install doesn't require too much checking.

    The 20% does seem to be where the Dism progress sits for a while. I don't know why, but once Dism finishes those initial checks, the progress goes fairly quick.

    I usually don't watch the progress so I rarely see the interim percentage complete. I launch it and it gets to 20% then I do something else - when I return to the screen, it's 100%. If it's not, then I might start digging. Most of the time it just takes time - how much? It depends on the work it has to do - 3 or 4 hours is when I get concerned enough to think there might be an issue.

    Even then I resist the temptation to cancel the command - if it runs for more than 12 hours - there's probably a problem that requires a bigger hammer

    Take your time adding programs back in to your system, add one and see how the program and system behaves. then add another and make sure things are running well. It takes time, but if one program does cause an issue, you know which one. Uninstall the problematic program, then keep going with other programs.

    You can later investigate any programs that cause issues - usually an updated installer, updated co-requisite software, or an updated program resolves most software 'conflicts'
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Aug 2015 #48

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Excellent news.

    Is that possible? Sure, a Fresh install doesn't require too much checking.

    The 20% does seem to be where the Dism progress sits for a while. I don't know why, but once Dism finishes those initial checks, the progress goes fairly quick.

    I usually don't watch the progress so I rarely see the interim percentage complete. I launch it and it gets to 20% then I do something else - when I return to the screen, it's 100%. If it's not, then I might start digging. Most of the time it just takes time - how much? It depends on the work it has to do - 3 or 4 hours is when I get concerned enough to think there might be an issue.

    Even then I resist the temptation to cancel the command - if it runs for more than 12 hours - there's probably a problem that requires a bigger hammer

    Take your time adding programs back in to your system, add one and see how the program and system behaves. then add another and make sure things are running well. It takes time, but if one program does cause an issue, you know which one. Uninstall the problematic program, then keep going with other programs.

    You can later investigate any programs that cause issues - usually an updated installer, updated co-requisite software, or an updated program resolves most software 'conflicts'
    Cool, will do, thank you very much. But I really do hope it was because I did the upgrade and not a fresh install, it's hard to 'settle down' again knowing there's a posibility I could run into the BSOD again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       07 Aug 2015 #49

    oldage said: View Post
    Cool, will do, thank you very much. But I really do hope it was because I did the upgrade and not a fresh install, it's hard to 'settle down' again knowing there's a possibility I could run into the BSOD again.
    Your welcome - the credit goes mostly to essenbe.

    I think you'll be alright - there were a lot of changes to Windows and migration is sometimes problematic, but rarely catastrophic.

    If you do run into another issue, you know where to come for help

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       07 Aug 2015 #50

    Brilliant work Steve and Bill.

    Kudos for working with them oldage, glad to hear your problem's sorted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Related Threads
So I just updated to ten, and have all the updates, but whenever I try to run a .exe file, it gives me the error File System Error (-1073741819)
Hi, Since upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 I am unable to sync any of my email addresses with Windows mail. Every time I click sync, it tries and after a while returns an error code: 0x80072726. I have tried deleting the accounts and recreating...
http://puu.sh/jj8wQ/4cad6d8add.png I have tried what I believe to be everything at this point. Clearing out the update download folder and retrying the update does not help whatsoever. Forcing the update through a command prompt just gets the...
I have Computer with this specs : Procesor: Core 2 Duo 2.80 E7400 RAM: 4GB Graphics: Intel HD graphics 4500m When I now download FIFA 15 for XBOX360 whether I can play.
Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The title bar states: I am running Windows 10 Build 10130. I have already tried the default troubleshooting procedures(clean boot, etc.) I attached an image of the error below: ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.
Find Us