Random system freezes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
       #1

    Random system freezes


    I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver related. sfc/scannow finds no problems and all my drivers should be up to date. Bios is at the latest version too. The crashes seem to be completely random. Sometimes my pc freezes when playing a game, browsing, idling, listening to music etc.

    In that zip are 3 dump files.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Another crash


    On Sat 20.1.2018 5.20.19 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8023FB72FC3, 0x0, 0x2)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

    This was a new type of error log. The only unkown driver I found was ssdevfactory.sys which points to SteelSeries Device Factory Service. I uninstalled it now and see what happens.

      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39,994
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #3
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Here is the full log
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13,957
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #5

    Code:
    BugCheck C9, {24d, fffff8036703deca, ffffbc8ca2101060, 0}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctxusbm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctxusbm.sys
    Code:
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
    The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 000000000000024d, A driver has passed an invalid device object to a function that requires a PDO.
    Arg2: fffff8036703deca, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
    Arg3: ffffbc8ca2101060, IRP address.
    Arg4: 0000000000000000, Device object address.
    Driver Description: Citrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

    Driver Update Site: http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/index.asp


    The one you have is dated: Mon May 29 21:10:56 2017

    Is this something you need or are just playing with? Can you uninstall it to see if that helps resolve the problem? If you need it, see if you can find a newer driver.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #6

    The 3 bugchecks I extracted for 20th Jan were:

    BugCheck 3D, {fffff801b3ab7cc8, fffff801b3ab7500, 0, 0}
    BugCheck BE, {fffff882b853e818, 8000000001680121, ffffe5806052e620, a}
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80120e8664f, ffff9681c4c49750, 0}

    Most likely cause is Avast which must have been installed at some time and has drivers misbehaving.

    Code:
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys
    
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswbidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswbidsdrivera.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswbidsdrivera.sys
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Ztruker said:
    Code:
    BugCheck C9, {24d, fffff8036703deca, ffffbc8ca2101060, 0}
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctxusbm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctxusbm.sys
    Code:
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
    The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 000000000000024d, A driver has passed an invalid device object to a function that requires a PDO.
    Arg2: fffff8036703deca, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
    Arg3: ffffbc8ca2101060, IRP address.
    Arg4: 0000000000000000, Device object address.
    Driver Description: Citrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

    Driver Update Site: http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads/index.asp


    The one you have is dated: Mon May 29 21:10:56 2017

    Is this something you need or are just playing with? Can you uninstall it to see if that helps resolve the problem? If you need it, see if you can find a newer driver.
    I have no idea what this Citrix Usb Monitoring driver is. I don't know what device is using it or where to update it. All their products look weird and I don't remember installing any of their software.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    philc43 said:
    The 3 bugchecks I extracted for 20th Jan were:

    BugCheck 3D, {fffff801b3ab7cc8, fffff801b3ab7500, 0, 0}
    BugCheck BE, {fffff882b853e818, 8000000001680121, ffffe5806052e620, a}
    BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80120e8664f, ffff9681c4c49750, 0}

    Most likely cause is Avast which must have been installed at some time and has drivers misbehaving.

    Code:
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys
    
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswbidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswbidsdrivera.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswbidsdrivera.sys
    I thought that too but I have crashed 2 times after uninstalling Avast. Driver verifier causes my system to bootloop so I am really sure that there is something wrong with a driver or Windows 1607 itself. I recall that I had no problems with Windows 1511 but I had to update since Microsoft dropped the support for that version. 1703 and 1709 didn't have this problem but the standbymemory bug is still not fixed so I am kinda stuck on 1607 which is giving me these problems.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,184
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 21H2
       #9

    It can be really difficult to remove everything of Avast. Make sure the drivers I highlighted are no longer on your system.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 1607 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #10

    philc43 said:
    It can be really difficult to remove everything of Avast. Make sure the drivers I highlighted are no longer on your system.
    They are gone just checked. Maybe I am dealing with some else here.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums