Windows 10: BSOD (often after firefox crashes)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    08 Jan 2018 #1

    BSOD (often after firefox crashes)


    I have had a range of BSOD's everything from memory management, kernel security check faliure, PFN list corrupt, and faulty hardware corrupted page!

    Window reliability test registers a harware error.

    I've tried updating nvidia drivers, and used driver booster to update 16 out of date drivers to no avail, the BSOD still occur. I've reset windows and run troubleshooters, and used various windows repair tools, and dont really know what else to do.

    Interestingly I can often know when a BSOD is coming as firefox always seems to crash first! My solution, delete firefox haha! But I know that thats just silly!

    Any help would be really appreciated as I am starting to consider a new MB and starting over

    Took it to a repair shop today and they couldnt find anything though they may have needed more time which I couldnt really give because I had work to do on the computer itself.

    These BSOD's death occur sometimes more than once in a day but often only a few times a week or have even gone a week or so without occuring at all!

    Many thanks!
    BSOD (often after firefox crashes) Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 6,257
    Windows 10 Pro X64 17134.191
       08 Jan 2018 #2

    There are hundreds of Windows Error Reports in the msinfo32.nfo data like the following:
    Code:
    08/01/2018 13:04
    Windows Error Reporting
    Fault bucket LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_0000_DEV_0000_REV_0000, type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: 
    N颯(u
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: 144
    P2: 3003
    P3: ffff880ad27fc808
    P4: 4001001a
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_16299
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9: 
    P10: 
    Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\USBHUB3\USBHUB3-20180106-0038.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-17296-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E4E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E50.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E61.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER794A.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
    These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_144_29b0366ad631765187a70db82e339b09b5869d8_00000000_cab_1fa44e5e
    Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 49954523-a392-4e7c-8806-3c1062b916ef
    Report Status: 388
    Hashed bucket:
    I don't know what USBHUB3 is but it seems to have some kind of problem. What do you have plugged into your USB ports, if anything?

    Also, 14 Blue screen events were noted but only 1 dump was in the zip file. Are you using a drive cleaning program like CCleaner? If so, please stop using it until this problem is resolved as it is deleting the dump files we need.

    The log files are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please use English as the default language and post a new zip so that the files can be read completely, thanks.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    09 Jan 2018 #3

    Ztruker said: View Post
    There are hundreds of Windows Error Reports in the msinfo32.nfo data like the following:
    Code:
    08/01/2018 13:04
    Windows Error Reporting
    Fault bucket LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_0000_DEV_0000_REV_0000, type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: 
    N颯(u
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: 144
    P2: 3003
    P3: ffff880ad27fc808
    P4: 4001001a
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_16299
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9: 
    P10: 
    Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\USBHUB3\USBHUB3-20180106-0038.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-17296-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E4E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E50.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4E61.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER794A.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
    These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_144_29b0366ad631765187a70db82e339b09b5869d8_00000000_cab_1fa44e5e
    Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 49954523-a392-4e7c-8806-3c1062b916ef
    Report Status: 388
    Hashed bucket:
    I don't know what USBHUB3 is but it seems to have some kind of problem. What do you have plugged into your USB ports, if anything?

    Also, 14 Blue screen events were noted but only 1 dump was in the zip file. Are you using a drive cleaning program like CCleaner? If so, please stop using it until this problem is resolved as it is deleting the dump files we need.

    The log files are in a foreign language and cannot be scanned or read.
    Please use English as the default language and post a new zip so that the files can be read completely, thanks.
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    I think thats my broken USB port which I had removed yesterday. I will try to change the language though I could have sword English was my computers primary language though reading the logs I can see some chinese is mingled up with the english which is annoying and I hope I am able to rectify that. Not using anything like CC cleaner though its possible my virus scanner is a touch overzealous so I will disable in the meantime and get back to you with the new log. Thanks very much!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 Jan 2018 #4

    Lots of problems
    I cant update windows
    I cant download windows language packs
    I set langauge to English as defualt, but there is still some chinese coming through- if it helps when it says:- response- 不可用 - that means 'cannot use.'
    Memory dumps dont seem to be there and the scan doesent pick them up, though no idea why they're not there. Could it be virus software? I checked windows settings and the computer should be writting logs...

    I'm an expat living in China so my PC is in English, and it shouldnt be logging in chinese (although I do use chinese input with a seperate language pack). I kind of suspect even with the language pack, it would still be intermingling both languages somehow.
    Gah try to take steps to fix a problem and 5 new ones pop up!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,001
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       09 Jan 2018 #5

    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

    The logs are in a foreign language so it limits the troubleshooting.
    Please translate each of these:
    无法从该完整转储文件生成一个小型转储文件。
    故障转储初始化未成功
    Windows 无法快速启动,错误状态为 0xC00000D4。
    传呼期间在设备 \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 上检测到一个错误。

    Are the computer files backed up?
    Has a backup image been made?
    Are you able to perform a clean install and use English as the default language so that the computer can be troubleshooted? Clean install is likely to fix misbehaving software and hardware drivers. It would then be easier to see if there are any hardware problems with logs that can be scanned and read.

    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Turn off windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    7) How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

    8) Run HDTune:
    http://www.hdtune.com/
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

    8) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 16 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    09 Jan 2018 #6

    zbook said: View Post
    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

    The logs are in a foreign language so it limits the troubleshooting.
    Please translate each of these:
    无法从该完整转储文件生成一个小型转储文件。
    故障转储初始化未成功
    Windows 无法快速启动,错误状态为 0xC00000D4。
    传呼期间在设备 \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 上检测到一个错误。

    Are the computer files backed up?
    Has a backup image been made?
    Are you able to perform a clean install and use English as the default language so that the computer can be troubleshooted? Clean install is likely to fix misbehaving software and hardware drivers. It would then be easier to see if there are any hardware problems with logs that can be scanned and read.

    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Turn off windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    7) How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

    8) Run HDTune:
    http://www.hdtune.com/
    to check the health,
    scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

    8) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 16 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials
    I'll have a look at your reply in detail now but just so you know that which you posted above is not a foreign language its the same machine gibberish that I am getting. I tried downloading the english packs directly but they failed! The logs are recording its just total gibberish. Maybe because whatever is reponsible for writing them is also corrupted I dont know! Yeah I think I will try a clean install first because last time I merely did a system reset.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,001
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       09 Jan 2018 #7

    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

    You can try an in place upgrade repair first.
    However don't expect it to fix the underlying problem as I suspect it is in the registry or at a deeper level than what the in place upgrade repair can fix. It has very little if any downside. but if it fixes the problem then a lot of upside.
    Multiple times in the last few months I've seen this problem with Chinese, and Korean languages.
    First make a backup image and save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Then create a windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    These are links with texts and images:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Jan 2018 #8

    zbook said: View Post
    Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

    You can try an in place upgrade repair first.
    However don't expect it to fix the underlying problem as I suspect it is in the registry or at a deeper level than what the in place upgrade repair can fix. It has very little if any downside. but if it fixes the problem then a lot of upside.
    Multiple times in the last few months I've seen this problem with Chinese, and Korean languages.
    First make a backup image and save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Then create a windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    These are links with texts and images:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Hey heres the log you requested. Some of the downloads like macrium failed on installation I just dont know whats going on, I tried to download the language packs directly as well, but they also failed without explantion.

    But anyway for what its worth I already tried a system reset (keeping my files) but the problem still persisted. I have backed up important photos and files to USB so its not like I will be losing much... will a clean installation (delete files) make any difference compared to a system reset (keep files)? Any way thanks!
    BSOD (often after firefox crashes) Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Jan 2018 #9

    Heres the DISM log says the configuration registry database is corrupt!

    SFC scan now said- 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' I will google it and see how to get round it maybe try from the bios
    BSOD (often after firefox crashes) Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Jan 2018 #10

    800 reparse records processed.
    703496 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    800 reparse records processed.

    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    46853 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    35175408 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

    243380461 KB total disk space.
    139025624 KB in 215143 files.
    225668 KB in 46854 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    720525 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    103408644 KB available on disk.

    4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    60845115 total allocation units on disk.
    25852161 allocation units available on disk.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
BSOD error 0x0000007e while using Firefox in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Most BSODs occured while AFK, one occured while watching a Flash movie. I always have quite a few youtube tabs open. I have ran chkdsk on my HDDs and no errors. No new hardware installed. Ran sfc /scannow twice without violations. Thanks in...
BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all....
BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
can someone please check my minidump 90761
BSOD while using Firefox in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi, I'm a first time poster, but this forum has helped me out quite a few times in the past and people here seem to know their stuff, so... Anyway, today was the second time I got a blue screen since getting this computer, like half a year or so...
Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:58.
Find Us