Windows 10: New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    08 Dec 2017 #1

    New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?


    Hey guys,

    I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox Quantum and I've noticed that some videos on Youtube have green lines in them. The audio plays fine, but not the video.

    I don't have this problem in Google Chrome.

    I just upgraded my Nvidia driver that was released in November 2017.

    I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Dec 2017 #2

    I upgraded Firefox to 57.0.2 yesterday, too.
    I just tried 3 different videos on YouTube and they all looked fine and sounded fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Dec 2017 #3

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Hey guys,

    I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox Quantum and I've noticed that some videos on Youtube have green lines in them. The audio plays fine, but not the video.

    I don't have this problem in Google Chrome.

    I just upgraded my Nvidia driver that was released in November 2017.

    I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

    Thanks!

    Maybe: Green bar on YouTube and other videos | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Dec 2017 #4

    Try running CCleaners registry scan and also run a full virus scan on your pc.
    Also go into C:\Program Files\Nvider Corporation\Installer2 and delete any older drivers, other than the most recent one from the Nvidia November Drivers.
    I'm pretty sure they're on the December drivers now, too.
    This pc has a AMD card, but my other pc has two GTX 760's in it.
    The current driver is 388.59 just released yesterday.
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Dec 2017 #5

    I had it on one machine. This was the fix (although not the best thing I wanted to do)

    You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

    • Options/Preferences -> General: Performance
      remove checkmark: [ ] "Use recommended performance settings"
      "Use hardware acceleration when available"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Dec 2017 #6

    Wow, I really appreciate your replies!

    I'm about to install the most recent Nvidia driver for my PC.

    EDIT:

    By doing the following is it possible that I'll be changing the content of the videos I watch on websites?
    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    I had it on one machine. This was the fix (although not the best thing I wanted to do)

    You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

    • Options/Preferences -> General: Performance
      remove checkmark: [ ] "Use recommended performance settings"
      "Use hardware acceleration when available"
    Last edited by NiceAndShy; 10 Dec 2017 at 11:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Dec 2017 #7

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Wow, I really appreciate your replies!

    I'm about to install the most recent Nvidia driver for my PC.

    EDIT:

    By doing the following is it possible that I'll be changing the content of the videos I watch on websites?
    No. No content will be altered. All that disabling hardware acceleration does is make Firefox use it's own software to power everything. Also note it says "Use hardware acceleration when available". It's not always in use, and you shouldn't notice a difference.

    One note maybe check if it happens with no extensions enabled. It may be worth a try. If it doesn't happen then enable extensions one by one to see if/which one causes it.

    Here's two links for bug tracking for this. It shows as fixed, but since you're still having the issue maybe add your info to see if someone can help you.

    1352016 thick green line on the right and/or bottom of the HTML5 video

    1352016 - thick green line on the right and/or bottom of the HTML5 video
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    10 Dec 2017 #8

    Thanks so much!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    10 Dec 2017 #9

    Since upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10 Pro one thing I've noticed is that Task Manager displays how much my graphics card is being used.

    Firefox seems to use my graphics card almost all the time.

    Why is this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    10 Dec 2017 #10

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Since upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10 Pro one thing I've noticed is that Task Manager displays how much my graphics card is being used.

    Firefox seems to use my graphics card almost all the time.

    Why is this?
    All the time, or just during videos? I only have this thread open in one tab, and my GPU is zero.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	167682
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum - The Mozilla Blog Latest Firefox Released for Windows
    So, I got Gigabyte gtx 770 and it worked perfectly before i installed drivers. I installed drivers and then little green lines cover my screen. Everytime now when i start my computer the green lines comes always at log in part. I have tried to...
    I get these green lines on the right and bottom of the videos when I use Instagram app of windows 10 to watch stories or the videos in the posts. I have reinstalled windows 10 just to exclude interference from other programs to no avail. Also I...
    this is a copy paste (mine ofcourse) and will start a thread with it becouse i find this important.. ---------------- i want to share with you my bad experience with win10 and the gtx 970(zotac) ...maybe this can help you i bought my...
    I thought I solved this a couple days ago when I cleared the flashplayer data but now it is back and repeating the task does not help. So here was my original question: Suddenly this started happening when I watch videos on windows media player. ...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:50.
    Find Us