Windows 10: New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    10 Dec 2017 #11

    I would say if it's doing it all the time there may be an issue with Firefox itself. The things I would try would be clear all cache/cookies/site preferences, etc under settings. If that doesn't work maybe even try an complete uninstall, and reinstall. If you don't want to do that you can try the portable version of Firefox. You can just install it to your desktop. It won't conflict with your fully installed version. You just can't have both open at the same time. Test the portable one right after install to see what that shows, and see if videos play correctly. If they do then I would say a complete uninstall of Firefox is needed.

    Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	167684
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Dec 2017 #12

    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    All the time, or just during videos? I only have this thread open in one tab, and my GPU is zero.

    Attachment 167682
    The GPU seems to be in use in Firefox mostly when flash video is playing in Firefox, but it's sometimes in use when videos aren't being played.

    When videos aren't being played the GPU is used for only around 1%.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Jan 2018 #13

    Update:
    For the past 2 weeks I've been running Firefox with "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned off and I haven't had the green lines appear on videos.

    However, my CPU now seems to be getting stressed more as CPU usage in Windows Task Manager is much higher...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Jan 2018 #14

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Update:
    For the past 2 weeks I've been running Firefox with "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned off and I haven't had the green lines appear on videos.

    However, my CPU now seems to be getting stressed more as CPU usage in Windows Task Manager is much higher...
    I have had that turned off for years. It causes crashes unless you have a high end GPU
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Jan 2018 #15

    So my CPU is being used much more now because I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Firefox?

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 526
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit
       02 Jan 2018 #16

    Try about:config in address bar then search for browser.cache via the search box

    Note down current settings before changing anything

    Change browser.cache.disk.enable to false
    Change browser.cache.memory.enable to true

    Create new preference browser.cache.memory.capacity and set it to -1

    Close Firefox then relaunch it.

    Also get a copy of speedyfox and run it once per week at least. (firefox must be closed before running speedyfox)

    SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Thunderbird in a Single Click!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Jan 2018 #17

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    So my CPU is being used much more now because I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Firefox?

    Thanks!
    Well turn it on if you can deal with the crashes. Right now Firefox 57.0.3 is using 0.05% of my CPU. Not that high eh:)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    02 Jan 2018 #18

    Callender said: View Post
    Try about:config in address bar then search for browser.cache via the search box

    Note down current settings before changing anything

    Change browser.cache.disk.enable to false
    Change browser.cache.memory.enable to true

    Create new preference browser.cache.memory.capacity and set it to -1

    Close Firefox then relaunch it.
    Your reply is appreciated!

    After disabling "hardware acceleration" in Firefox, it seems like the problem of the green lines appearing in videos has been solved.

    Did you see that post?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    02 Jan 2018 #19

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Well turn it on if you can deal with the crashes. Right now Firefox 57.0.3 is using 0.05% of my CPU. Not that high eh:)
    Since disabling "hardware acceleration" Firefox seems to put a lot of strain on my CPU while it's playing 1080P video on Youtube. My CPU is a quad core Q9400.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 526
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit
       02 Jan 2018 #20

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Your reply is appreciated!

    After disabling "hardware acceleration" in Firefox, it seems like the problem of the green lines appearing in videos has been solved.

    Did you see that post?
    I did see it. I should have made it clear that my reply was in response to:

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    So my CPU is being used much more now because I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Firefox?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum - The Mozilla Blog Latest Firefox Released for Windows
    So, I got Gigabyte gtx 770 and it worked perfectly before i installed drivers. I installed drivers and then little green lines cover my screen. Everytime now when i start my computer the green lines comes always at log in part. I have tried to...
    I get these green lines on the right and bottom of the videos when I use Instagram app of windows 10 to watch stories or the videos in the posts. I have reinstalled windows 10 just to exclude interference from other programs to no avail. Also I...
    this is a copy paste (mine ofcourse) and will start a thread with it becouse i find this important.. ---------------- i want to share with you my bad experience with win10 and the gtx 970(zotac) ...maybe this can help you i bought my...
    I thought I solved this a couple days ago when I cleared the flashplayer data but now it is back and repeating the task does not help. So here was my original question: Suddenly this started happening when I watch videos on windows media player. ...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.
    Find Us